Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Goddamn, what sycophants:

Because like me, they are all in awe of what you’re striving to achieve. I believe for the first time in my life I will be taking holiday upon release of a game.
1f60b.png

Also, Brad could probably be a fill in for Mark Hamill at this point:

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's hard to tell if Brad is on drugs in that pic or if he just abused drugs for so long that he now looks like he belongs in a halfway house.

• 2Worf
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 2 users

Letsinod

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know pictures never do anything justice but seriously there is like 2 people talking to a some devs. WOW that crowd is NUTS!

Also the comments on Brads twitter is fucking lovely. People would literally suck his dick and swallow for this game.

Sevens

Log Wizard
It was interesting because they are very cognizant of how younger players approach these games and what types of games they tend to gravitate to. They fully know that there are a lot of players out there who are looking for sizzle and pop and omfgcombatissoepicpickmyjawupoffthefloor!

And they know there game is more about strategy and positioning and socializing.

This is not to say there aren't younger players out there who couldn't be enticed but they somehow need to have the "idea" of a game like this imparted to them in a way that inspires the imagination.

I suggested something that inspired the imagination as far as the "journey" a player took to get together with friends, travel/fight to their goal and then what they had to do to achieve that goal.

Seems a bit lighter on paper than in my mind but I don't think showing a group of avatars slowly beating down a mob or boss is going to capture what this type of game is about.

The new area/dungeon really looked nice, the colors were deep and the lighting was warm. It was nice to see a group "acting like a group" and having the off tank take an add while the tank pulled a mob away from the group, especially when they didn't see the attack coming.

I also suspect that the "shirtless" mob we saw in the last stream was more about "the artwork not done" than an actual shirtless character.

There was a little of that here but there were quite a few of these warrior/guard npc's wearing armor.

Also, we spoke a about animations and they aren't too worried about negative comments as they know where their animations are going.

In any case Brad was a very nice guy and was very open to questions.
Read more at Well, I got to see a new area today ...

(Copy and Pasted from another forum)

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It was interesting to see Brad and Pantheon over to the side along the wall in the same quadrant where Ashes of Creation had a large booth with lots of demo stations and big decorative set pieces.

The thing is that I'm not sure there's much difference between the two projects in terms of where they are in the development process.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's Pax East. Every time I have worked that show I've never had a booth without 20 or more people in it. Every booth at the show is packed. If your booth wasn't packed it would be surprising.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Age of Conan booth at GenCon was the best. Red theater curtains closing the whole thing in. "Booth babes" in chain/leather bikinis posing around outside. A big sign saying "18+ ONLY INSIDE."

Inside the booth were 3 computers on which you played a demo of killing a boar.

• 10Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Feature creep is not in their vocabulary. And so far, that’s really working in their favor, as Pantheon may wind up being the best classic MMORPG in ages.

This is a really good sign and hope that Bradley has learned from Vanguard, where here on this board(well whatever the board at the time was) he would go into long winded feature lists and wish lists of more features that never remotely even made it into Vanguard.

Concentrate on the base game and base world, and leave the fluffy feature wish lists for future expansions or whatever. There is plenty fo time to add shit to the game, but when the base game is unfinished shit mess, you can kiss both goodbye.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Ever since 2007 I’ve suffered from VED (Vanguard Erectile Dysfunction). I can’t even get half mast without promises of a 100km x 100km playable game world, simulated physics on cloth capes, fully destructible terrain, or personal watercraft.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Unfortunately it appears those cloth maps are in very short supply.... seems they can only afford to give those out to the *true* believers who cough up to the tune of a $500 - $10k pledge.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
...But, will it have a cloth map?

If you "invest" enough before the game comes out you can have this or any other desire you may have.

Instead, if you wait for the game to come out and spend thousands on the cash shop, you'll be SOL.

Now is the time to get in.