Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I still think the 800 lb gorilla in the room is WoW and all the kiss-Blizzard's-ass fanboi's they bring with them. What happened with McQuaid was horrid, but nowhere near as horrid as watching rabid Blizzard fanboi's rushing to the defense of their favorite company. This is the main cause of the BS state that the genre is currently in, at least in my opinion.

I agree, they and the 100 clones that tried to emulate wow, except 98% more shitty, is the reason we dont have nice things. And its not like you can blame them. They all saw that 10 million subs and wanted a piece of it, except with an inferior product. Its not because of Brad and Vanguard, lol. Ever since its inception WoW has done nothing more than turn mmorpg into a lobby game it is today. Hell I would even take a vanilla wow over what its turned into these days, even though it felt sterile to me back then.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
FB_IMG_1522745947468.jpg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
I agree, they and the 100 clones that tried to emulate wow, except 98% more shitty, is the reason we dont have nice things. And its not like you can blame them. They all saw that 10 million subs and wanted a piece of it, except with an inferior product. Its not because of Brad and Vanguard, lol. Ever since its inception WoW has done nothing more than turn mmorpg into a lobby game it is today. Hell I would even take a vanilla wow over what its turned into these days, even though it felt sterile to me back then.

Warhammer was the best. Ever since that gigantic fall, everyones been like "naw" on MMOs.

Star Citizen found the best MMO gameplay. Sell ships that people can collect and don't make a game.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Warhammer MMO: How you trick a million people into buying a game based on a really fun first 10 levels pvp battlegrounds.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Ugg. I find myself agreeing with tyen even though I think he was trolling.
Well, for first time in the past 2 years I actually found some info about the game within the past 10 pages when I did my 3 month checkup.
I'm shocked it is actually almost a thing. I look forward to being one of the retired when it finally comes out.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The elderly market is the true wave of the MMO future, with the baby boomers reaching retirement. Slow combat and no players under the age of 30 are exactly what that target demographic wants.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
just tried to watch most recent stream.

Cant deal with this asian dude clacking his mouse constantly when turning. Turned it off

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Looks like they are indeed demoing the game at PAXEast Booth #24096. Will report back after I check it out

• 3Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The elderly market is the true wave of the MMO future, with the baby boomers reaching retirement. Slow combat and no players under the age of 30 are exactly what that target demographic wants.

Heheh. One of our guild's best healers in EQ said she was a grandmother. Most of us didn't believe her (this was before voice coms). We were the top guild on the server, so that made her one of the best healers on the server. We just couldn't see grandma being that good at mmos.

Years later our guild did a reunion tour of EQ but this time with TeamSpeak. Turns out she really was a grandmother. And a whole bunch of other players I had known were old fucks. Kind of creeped me out at the time.

But now the grey hairs are starting to sprout and I'm still playing mmos. So are the rest of you. That elderly market you talk about will soon enough be us.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider

True that.

Peeps >40 are the first generation of lifetime gamers. I started with Pong and Atari and I don't plan on giving up gaming anytime soon... MMos are still a relatively inexpensive leisure activity, lets hope that keeps going and more keep coming.

• 3Solidarity

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, fuck paying in that much on what at this point could still very likely be hopes, dreams, and a fart in the wind. But, if this ever comes out, my thanks to the cuckolds of the world.