Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
to be honest seamless world looked fine on paper until you chunked every time you crossed a line on the map and it was clunky as fuck

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i'm adjusting my hype level to a pretty low rate of increase... playing the long game, hoping to hit maximum hype exactly when the game is released in 10 years.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It comes out in that video as well, but when trying it at PAX I was turned off a bit by the animations. Obviously this is early going and the animations are probably just placeholders, but they still felt very much like skating across the world and doing the generic Troll 'pool cue' animation from EQ1.

The shadows were very distracting as well. Made the rendering seem instantly dated to circa 2004 when shadow rendering was 'da bomb'.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It comes out in that video as well, but when trying it at PAX I was turned off a bit by the animations. Obviously this is early going and the animations are probably just placeholders, but they still felt very much like skating across the world and doing the generic Troll 'pool cue' animation from EQ1.

The shadows were very distracting as well. Made the rendering seem instantly dated to circa 2004 when shadow rendering was 'da bomb'.
Shit, did you just come up with Brad's next "this is gonna rock"?

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Convo Convo

51ys+qODSgL._SX385_.jpg

• 1Worf

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didn't think Vanguard's combat was all that awful. Or maybe I'm just referring to how certain classes played.

Fuck y'all.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It just depended on the classes. Some had great fluidity, where as others were just jarring or all over the place. Long, patient phases, then shit hit the fan and you're ADHD has to kick in for 5 seconds.

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
There is a big difference between good classes and good combat. I found the combat awful on all the 3 classes I played, but I loved all 3 classes and their abilities. Having to use 30 abilities simultaneously plus clickies should have never been a thing. Limited strategic combat creates a better test of skill, unless you want the test of skill to be real life dexterity in seeing how far apart players can spread their fingers to press hotkeys.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users