Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I still don't understand why they decided to try and cram all this shit into a brand new game when they have such a small team. Why try and get so many classes in at launch? Why try and get all these revolutionary systems that have never been tried in an MMO before. I mean if you had a team of 300 people sure but they have like a dozen? It seems like they have bit off way more then they can chew. With Project Farthall being the 1 zone they were going to go live with all these systems and its been silent since that started I am getting the feeling that the shits just not working. They should have just started out with a solid core game and planned on expansions to introduce the new systems once the game could sustain itself. Getting this game launched with what they say they want to do would have been a challenge with the funding and staffing of a AAA game studio. But when you got folks working out of your garage you need to avoid scope creep.

Classes are a bad example.

They literally copy/pasted the character creation screens of Everquest1 and Vanguard. Voila.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Classes are a bad example.

They literally copy/pasted the character creation screens of Everquest1 and Vanguard. Voila.
Yet it's taken them 5 years to implement 6 or 7 classes. Really impressive.

I think Noble Savage Noble Savage makes a good point though. They promised a stupid amount of content and features given the scale of their operation. There's no way they deliver the number of zones they originally promised at launch, Brad has already started back peddling on that anyway. As for whatever else makes it into the game, we'll see. I think it will depend on when the people pouring money into this finally get sick of the dog and pony show.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
500 zones for a game with like 36 subscribers is fucking stupid anyways. So much of that shit is going to be empty and barren just like Vangaurd ended up.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dracula's Crew

Molten Core Raider
500 zones for a game with like 36 subscribers is fucking stupid anyways. So much of that shit is going to be empty and barren just like Vangaurd ended up.

They will begin to cut out zones to make it for the release of the game. I mean they already cut out their third continent which would have been the starting cities for some of the races. We will also probably not see bard or necro at launch either. When trimming the fat starts to cut into the real prime tasty meat youre gonna have a bad meal.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
32EA3DB3-C779-4E4B-A7D2-8F9CF1CE2AC5.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Fal'len
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
CohhCarnage mentioned that there will be a new stream in a few weeks, so they at least think they have something to show off again.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
CohhCarnage mentioned that there will be a new stream in a few weeks, so they at least think they have something to show off again.

Out of all the streamers on twitch I still don’t understand why they picked this fucking nobody to be their spokesperson.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I wouldn't call him a nobody (as far as streaming fame goes) but he is godawful boring to watch.

• 1Worf

nawcor

Lord Nagafen Raider
My guess would be because hes the only "big time" streamer that has any EQ experience. Gotta get some type of hype from someone who probably wont bash it and may have some type of a fan player base for it.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I wouldn't call him a nobody (as far as streaming fame goes) but he is godawful boring to watch.
These days companies have to pick people with safe personalities. In other words, people that are as vanilla as can be.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Anyone with a web development background want to work with me to make a Become One of The Fallen generator?

Dracula's Crew

Molten Core Raider
NOT SAFE FOR LEGS.
gifit1554717146063-15547173704751624077884-crop-15547175482521908378053.gif

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Fal'len
Reactions: 7 users