Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It will certainly be exclusive. You won't see anyone else rocking Pantheon merch! Fall down the rungs of society's ladder in style!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Why would you give these retards money. If you guys are seriously thinking about buying some pantheon merch. I will make some Great-Value knock off brand Pantheon Merch for less you can thank me later.

iu

I want some Great Value Oxycontin.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
If grandpa had a specialty Pantheon sweater, that wouldn't hurt so bad.
giphy.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I say this loosely but I'm concerned for Pantheon. I thought they were making some strides early in the year but it feels like production has slowed down significantly. Maybe there is a lot happening in regards to the things you cannot see or they're waiting to release a bunch of info at once but their communication has been poor lately. If they're trying to generate or maintain hype, their approach is lacking in my opinion.

Pretty much things went dark when they moved to Project Fart-hall. That was the first time they put all their systems in game in a single zone. The silence since that point cannot be good sign. In the latest newsletter noticed some mentions of several "reworked" systems buried in the articles on other subjects. I tend to believe its a sign that once all these "innovative" ideas made it into the game none of it worked (surprising for a team of like 12 people). I might be totally wrong though and the reason why there is no information being released might be because the game is so fucking awesome they are too busy playing it for fun to crank out decent news letters.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Pretty much things went dark when they moved to Project Fart-hall. That was the first time they put all their systems in game in a single zone. The silence since that point cannot be good sign. In the latest newsletter noticed some mentions of several "reworked" systems buried in the articles on other subjects. I tend to believe its a sign that once all these "innovative" ideas made it into the game none of it worked (surprising for a team of like 12 people). I might be totally wrong though and the reason why there is no information being released might be because the game is so fucking awesome they are too busy playing it for fun to crank out decent news letters.

If it's anything like every other game Brad has worked on, once they put all the systems in, it broke the entire 'game' and they still haven't fixed it. I would not be surprised if the game doesn't even work if they combine all the elements. Farthall is not functioning today and will not be functioning in the near future (2022). The next CohCarnage video will be yet another Blood Keep run!!! So exciting 6 years later!

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
If it's anything like every other game Brad has worked on, once they put all the systems in, it broke the entire 'game' and they still haven't fixed it. I would not be surprised if the game doesn't even work if they combine all the elements. Farthall is not functioning today and will not be functioning in the near future (2022). The next CohCarnage video will be yet another Blood Keep run!!! So exciting 6 years later!

I have been dumbfounded since the beginning when they talk about all these crazy new systems and so many classes at launch. No way a small team could deliver on those promises. I wouldn't be surprised if the plan was to move along slowly with a proof of concept and hope to get funding from a big studio. Once fully funded and fully staff they might be able to add the systems in. Since that hasn't happened they are probably at a stage where they can no longer BS their way through it using smoke and mirrors. This is the point where 12 guys with zero experience developing a video game have the sobering realization of the enormity of the task at hand.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wish DBG would do that with EQ. But, you know, by a real studio and not DBG.

Yeah, like a super-deep, open world, 120+ hours just for the main story, COOP game but with network and lobby setup like Diablo 3. Maybe make the player limit 8.

What if there was Skyrim or Witcher 3 but setup with online COOP like Diablo 3. Not sure there is anything like that except Diablo clones.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I have been dumbfounded since the beginning when they talk about all these crazy new systems and so many classes at launch. No way a small team could deliver on those promises. I wouldn't be surprised if the plan was to move along slowly with a proof of concept and hope to get funding from a big studio. Once fully funded and fully staff they might be able to add the systems in. Since that hasn't happened they are probably at a stage where they can no longer BS their way through it using smoke and mirrors. This is the point where 12 guys with zero experience developing a video game have the sobering realization of the enormity of the task at hand.

Back when this thread started everyone was talking about The Vision™ and how stupid half the shit they wanted to put in was.

There's a reason nobody has made these grand mmo systems like their proposed climate system. They are simply too time-consuming and complex to code into the game. Stuff like that could be made given enough time and money but there's zero payoff financially.

They should have just kept it simple, 4 classes, 2-3 overland zones, 4-5 dungeons. Just make the base game work, polish it, sell it and take it from there. Unfortunately that was never going to happen with Pantheon.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Great ideas are cheap. Making them happen is really expensive. The ability to properly assess your resources and limit your scope accordingly is an invaluable skill. Obviously, I have no idea what went on behind closed doors, but this is probably where lack of experience hurt the VR team.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users