Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Couple of quotes on the subject..
Dec 14, 2017: " We are not yet fully funded"
March 18, 2019: " Funding isn't a problem, no. We have a set pace and current funding has allowed us to build the game to this point and can be continued through to launch. ... The cadence at which we are funded will get us to launch, yes. "
May 17, 2019: " I said we weren't fully funded, not that we couldn't finish the game! "
June 16, 2019: " we have no set dates for testing phases or releases, "

Unfortunately, the community has pointed out many times this year: You can't say you're funded to a date, and then not have a date. You can't have a date, and then miss it by years. So, either they're missing their dates, or they're not funded to a date. Can't have it both ways. The official forums are filled with a lot of negativity lately, but the number of critical thinkers is in the single digits, now.
The truly blind and faithful are now coming up with things like: 8 years is normal for the development of a typical video game. Riiiiiight. Self delusion in the face of missing every public milestone? Their remaining community can be summed up in one word: desperate. Not that I blame them. March 2014 was a long time ago, and their current public schedule puts non-beta testing ongoing into 2021. At some point, the annual debt piling up is going to close their doors for them, never mind their supposed "angel" investors.

Desperate for lots of reasons. Imagine how crushing the thought...when your mind finally allows you to reflect on just how much time and money you've invested into utter failure over a 10-12 year period? Time wasted delving into a forum of utter, mindless idiocy fixated on synergized hope...hope for delivered goods from a con-man. When this thing finally collapses, there will be stories of not just thousands wasted by desperate losers but possibly a couple tens of thousands 'angels' that flew too close to the sun and realized Brad sold them wings of wax. Very, very pretty wings of wax! The best wings of wax Unity ever designed! I never told you those wings would be anything but wax!

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If the game is not vapor ware, and Brads inner-clique isnt just dicking over people - I can only imagine that maybe the idea was that they would get to a point and a major publisher would pick them up. Repeating Vanguard, so to speak. Now that no one has done that, they may just be floating along.. hoping, wishing.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
If the game is not vapor ware, and Brads inner-clique isnt just dicking over people - I can only imagine that maybe the idea was that they would get to a point and a major publisher would pick them up. Repeating Vanguard, so to speak. Now that no one has done that, they may just be floating along.. hoping, wishing.

Well... VG had a major publisher on board from very early on in the development cycle.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Man, I saw someone mention that they had mugs for sale...I was tempted. Can't have enough mugs, right?

Then I see they're just a text logo on base mug.

I honestly don't know what I expected, from the same people that seem to put the minimum effort into making their MMO.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy

Brad must be delusional if he thinks any studio, let alone a major player, will touch Pantheon with a barge pole.

5d888348da7e1367212259.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm still excited to see the game, but who knows when it'll happen lol

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Man, I saw someone mention that they had mugs for sale...I was tempted. Can't have enough mugs, right?

I honestly don't know what I expected, from the same people that seem to put the minimum effort into making their MMO.

Minimum effort gets minimum results. They could have honestly spent a couple hours total and had the agreements signed and put into place to produce some nice merchandise and still have this base effort stuff available for those that dont want to/cant spend $60+ bucks on a mug.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Dude come on. That $30 mug will pay for itself. Just make a video of you falling down while holding the mug and throw it on YouTube. Hell you could start a series and patreon.

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Talk around the water cooler confirmed Soygen Soygen was seen drinking coffee out of one of these.

1569251088162.png

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I say this loosely but I'm concerned for Pantheon. I thought they were making some strides early in the year but it feels like production has slowed down significantly. Maybe there is a lot happening in regards to the things you cannot see or they're waiting to release a bunch of info at once but their communication has been poor lately. If they're trying to generate or maintain hype, their approach is lacking in my opinion.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I hope at some point FoH is rewarded for its marketing efforts.

A colleague stumbled down a couple of stairs today, my first thought was about Pantheon beta.

tenor.gif

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Why would you give these retards money. If you guys are seriously thinking about buying some pantheon merch. I will make some Great-Value knock off brand Pantheon Merch for less you can thank me later.

iu

• 1Worf