Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Why ask about raid sizes? They wouldn't dare do instancing, would they? NOT IN MY CLASSIC MMO!!!!!!!!!

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The demos didn't look laggy or sluggish. So why do you think this?

Nearly every mmo that's ever been produced and certainly every mmo I've raided in.

It takes a lot to run these large scale events. You need good code and good infrastructure. It's not just hiring a server somewhere and hoping for the best. Raiding shouldn't even be on their to-do list until way after release if they ever get that done. There's too much shit to shore up and work on, raiding especially at the high end of games gives no value to your average player who probably won't even see the inside of the zones.

I am relatively certain they weren't playing on LAN for the demo vids.

In good faith I will take all of this to mean you suspect it will struggle like other games when hundreds of players are around.

Sure, Pantheons going to have hundreds of players in world events or raids. Are you completely oblivious to the snails pace development of this game?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
The demos didn't look laggy or sluggish. So why do you think this?

Because after seven years of "development" they're still spitballing on the backs of napkins.

Meanwhile they've distracted you idiots into thinking they've done some work and you give these hopeless amateurs additional donations.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
tenor (2).gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sadly, won't be in game.

Goblin Fishing Pole was another stretch goal

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
agree 100%. people can hate on brad all they want, but as broken as vanguard was, it's still better than just about anything that's currently out. EQN is just another WoW clone. brad knows that, and he's smart enough to know that it will more than likely fail a few months after launch and that a true successor to the original EQ is what a lot of people want (i know i do).

This was my first post in this thread. September, 2013, page 3. How naive I used to be. It's going on 7 years, people. The game is still in pre-pre Alpha. At the rate they're going, the game won't be out until 2040. Falling gifs is the only thing this game will ever be remembered for.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
They tweeted this earlier. Seems a bit premature to be thinking about raid sizes considering they've not built much of the core game. I'd say it's pretty much a given that this game will run like dogshit on any raid with over 20 players. They'd probably be better off avoiding raids like the coronavirus.

The core of the game is done dude, you can see pretty much exactly what gameplay looks like on any of their streams and it has changed very little in the last two years. The stuff we see them working on now is primarily additional content, new zones, enemies, quests etc. If you just wanted a single zone to showcase what the core of Pantheon was like you could point to almost any Halnir Cave stream, especially the one which was filmed during an open PA testing session with > 100 players present, or even the stuff in Black Rose Keep where you've got actual groups of non VR staff filming their first attempts at the zone.

A group of random players tackling Black Rose Keep.

A group of unaffiliated streamers exploring Avendyr's Pass & Black Rose Keep

Stream of Halnir Cave During a Live Testing Session w/ Many Other Groups

Cohh & Staff Exploring Amberfate & South Saol (Climate System Introduction)

Cohh & Staff Exploring Wild's End, Thronefast, Avendyr's Pass, Halnir Cave, and Amberfaet all in one stream.
(We see functioning pets here)

Cohh & Staff Exploring Joku Dah aka Tower of the Reckless Magician
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Early Monk Gameplay Stream w/ CohhCarnage Pt. 2

We've seen every core gameplay feature on video over the last few years to include combat, abilities, spells, zoning, dying, aggro mechanics, healing, climbing, looting, trading, bags/inventory management, itemization, boss mechanics, pet mechanics, damage over time spells, heal over time spells, buffs, most classes and races, swimming, factions, perception system, climate system, quests, and NPC interactions.

The only "core" gameplay mechanics I haven't seen on a stream or video are dueling and tradeskills.

Another point: I would think that with a bunch of basically randoms testing this game, if there were some critical issues in the gameplay or client at least one of those people would have come here and shit on the game and told us all what major issues they encountered during testing.

Finally, the reason they talk about raids at all is probably because it's one of the most common question they get. Everyone playing on P99 or the TLP servers (a huge part of the intended demographic) wants to know if raiding/end game is going to be some poopsock shitfest.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really hope you end up being right and it really is almost ready...

tumblr_njhfm8ua8w1r40oaro1_500.gif

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I really hope you end up being right and it really is almost ready...

View attachment 247439

There is no way the game is almost ready imho. The core game is mostly done (I think) but I think it's going to take them a long time to produce enough content (i.e.zones, dungeons, quests, raids) to release.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The core game isn't done at all, what you're witnessing is a bunch of mechanics hobbled together with crazy glue code.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The core game isn't done at all, what you're witnessing is a bunch of mechanics hobbled together with crazy glue code.

What does this even mean? What do you consider "core", how does one hobble mechanics together with "crazy glue code", what insight have you had into the codebase of Pantheon vs other major MMO's who do not "hobble together" their mechanics?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
You guys remember when Brad completely bamboozled the heads of Microsoft who had given him 10s of millions of dollars with a fake version of Vanguard to show how complete it was. Yet you dolts actually think these guys couldn't fucking bamboozle you with vaporware clone bullshit in a stream.

giphy.gif

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Brad isn't involved with it anymore. You got that memo right?

They're also funded and have working gameplay. You saw that?

• 1Like

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
Brad isn't involved with it anymore. You got that memo right?

They're also funded and have working gameplay. You saw that?
Yeah that 180 sure happened in a handful of weeks. Your hopium makes me weep for mankind.

• 1Worf