Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pantheon does not "provide" these things. It merely promises them. It's easy to be amazing when you exist only in the imagination. I'd actually go with initial pre beta Aion for best mmo... just ignore the actual reality of it when it got made and released. I mean shit guys, anyone wanna roll some heroic eq characters and head to buried sea for some SHIP TO SHIP MOTHERFUCKING COMBAT?!? I mean it was in the patch notes and everything!

First of all, I've been following MMORPG development for over 15 years and no developer seem to address the issues I have. Most of them, in my opinion, are clueless of what an MMORPG (TO ME) should be. VR is the first developer who talks about things I like. I've seen EQ Next; hated everything promised about it. What's promised about Pantheon is beautiful.

It does not exist in my imagination and the only way to prove it to your kind is when the game is released. I'm baffling about how you guys are so angry when we are exciting about a game and you like to doctrine us that we're deluded and we don't know what we're talking about when in fact that we do know what we're talking about and you're the deluded one. The combat show-cased for Pantheon is more than enough for me, apparently not for you. I know for a fact I will sink long hours playing this game. I still enjoy EQ classic until this day. My friends and I cannot enjoy any other game because EQ's combat is much more interesting than logging in to an MMORPG finding all your friends in different chains of quests doing their own stories and when you group you have nothing to do together everything designed for solo play and the dungeons are boring.

We've tried so many mmorpgs the last was AION which actually offers really great group content (and we sank hours and hours, months in it) and you have the audacity to come and tell me I'm only imagining.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
My guess is Brad just couldn't take it anymore so he took his own life. Without his support, his wife soon lost the battle again cancer. That's just my wild guess.

Nope.. He was sitting on the couch sorting new Magic cards, and just collapsed.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Grundge

Trakanon Raider
I really appreciate Elidroth for doing that interview. I never knew Brad. All I knew is what I heard from the internet...that he was a coke head who fired his whole team in a parking lot and stole money from his company. To me he sounded like a Bobby Kotick or a Randy Pitchford, some total dbag CEO type.

So it was useful hear what kind of person Brad really was. Sounds like he was a genuinely good guy who just got a bad wrap. When your in the public eye people can get nasty. Still it nice to see Brad had good friends like Elidroth to set things straight. It's seems like people still enjoy hating on him now but at least I know the truth. My 2 cents anyway.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
First of all, I've been following MMORPG development for over 15 years and no developer seem to address the issues I have. Most of them, in my opinion, are clueless of what an MMORPG (TO ME) should be. VR is the first developer who talks about things I like. I've seen EQ Next; hated everything promised about it. What's promised about Pantheon is beautiful.

It does not exist in my imagination and the only way to prove it to your kind is when the game is released. I'm baffling about how you guys are so angry when we are exciting about a game and you like to doctrine us that we're deluded and we don't know what we're talking about when in fact that we do know what we're talking about and you're the deluded one. The combat show-cased for Pantheon is more than enough for me, apparently not for you. I know for a fact I will sink long hours playing this game. I still enjoy EQ classic until this day. My friends and I cannot enjoy any other game because EQ's combat is much more interesting than logging in to an MMORPG finding all your friends in different chains of quests doing their own stories and when you group you have nothing to do together everything designed for solo play and the dungeons are boring.

We've tried so many mmorpgs the last was AION which actually offers really great group content (and we sank hours and hours, months in it) and you have the audacity to come and tell me I'm only imagining.

It's imaginary because it's not being produced. I am not telling you that your desires are imagined, I am telling you that pantheon delivering on them is. They are not holding to any semblance of deadlines or timetables. Promising great things is not the same as delivering them. Our "anger" is directed squarely at the whole "when the game is released" part being apparently answered with years and years from now or just never.

But go ahead and take it personally if it makes you feel better to mistakenly believe that we are criticizing your desires themselves rather than your false hope that this company will deliver on them.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Nobody should have any anger toward pantheon, it's a Crowd funded mmo so clearly they lack resources to make the game. I'm surprised they've managed to get this far.

I think it's reasonable to say pantheon may never be released, and if it is released, it may never deliver on all (or any of) their promises and may never be "successful" by today's standards.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I really appreciate Elidroth for doing that interview. I never knew Brad. All I knew is what I heard from the internet...that he was a coke head who fired his whole team in a parking lot and stole money from his company. To me he sounded like a Bobby Kotick or a Randy Pitchford, some total dbag CEO type.

So it was useful hear what kind of person Brad really was. Sounds like he was a genuinely good guy who just got a bad wrap. When your in the public eye people can get nasty. Still it nice to see Brad had good friends like Elidroth to set things straight. It's seems like people still enjoy hating on him now but at least I know the truth. My 2 cents anyway.

That's more like a one cent opinion and pretty damn simplistic to boot. People are complicated and Brad was flawed like all of us. He did all of the things in your first paragraph and for the people he fired, he may still be a scumbag to them. That doesn't mean he wanted to do it or did it correctly, it just means he made those decisions and had to live with them. We all have regrets.

No reason to continue to disparage a dead man. He died a tragic death way too soon and probably still had a lot of good creative ideas. He loved making games and was pretty good at it. I feel for his kid.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

The people that knew/worked with Brad that have posted in this thread have been saying the same thing (for years now) that Elidroth said in the interview. His biggest critics/detractors are those who had zero experience with him in real life. Those that knew him generally liked and appreciated him because he was a good guy.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
5gnYlGUk2LCY0q_CV1Seqp0sWdtK_kUe18n2zhswT4jufylvA5Y_EuXb2CmErPpT3U7tAf6ZwXAq2xi0HN_Ze2OMCS3UHfr5xEfn6T4g86pA-BIvv5cAUkCcMwxaHvpKKhKVVT4r-JKAzHYMy1helQ=s0-d

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

- Large durability hit to worn equipment (if we implement durability, which we probably will)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Nope.. He was sitting on the couch sorting new Magic cards, and just collapsed.

This amount of stress in his life at the time, without speculating too much any cardio vascular related accident is on the table there.

Sad story all around.

dizzie

Triggered Happy

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Item degradation is shit in every game. Herp derp everything lowers by percentages as things happen then a blacksmith can instant fix everything to 100% for some coin. I’d rather they just drop less coin in the game than put item degrading in. Really misses the mark.

• 4Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Item degradation is shit in every game. Herp derp everything lowers by percentages as things happen then a blacksmith can instant fix everything to 100% for some coin. I’d rather they just drop less coin in the game than put item degrading in. Really misses the mark.

Agreed, I hope that ONLY PC crafters can fix armor or make kits so you can fix yourself in the dungeon.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Agreed, I hope that ONLY PC crafters can fix armor or make kits so you can fix yourself in the dungeon.

Yeah relying on one of the 18 people who do crafting out of the 450 people playing the game sounds great.

Sorry bro can’t play until Jerry logs in to fix my sword.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like