Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
Is Chris Perkins just running every department there? What does he actually do!!
He convinces some very naive consumers to donate money to an 8+ year endeavor that is still in pre-alpha, and statistically has a near zero chance of ever producing a product or service you can subscribe to, download and play. And feeding the whales a few hours per year of scheduled testing time with no actual database-provided persistence layer.
Because why would you need that when a session server is good enough? You can just "refactor" after you hard-coded everything, again, for the fourth time. Happily, your sunk-cost zealot fanbois will defend you with their dying breath, for free, right Bazgrim , Sparxx & Jothany? Keep up the good work, you'll get exactly what you've been defending, a design that guarantees bankruptcy.

Chris is apparently just good enough at it to convince people that features like a custom network library (that you don't need for a problem that's been solved for over 20 years) are going to save the project. And climbing. And now taming. And mounts. Yep. They don't have the ability to implement class pets, but they're going to have tamable mounts for everyone. Sure.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Do you like to get drunk? Do you like cheese? Do you like falling down hills? Well, do we have the PERFECT event for you!"

Once a year in the village I live in they hold a fancy dress wheelbarrow race around the village.

Rules are, one guy pushes the barrow, one has to sit in it, they're both in fancy dress, and they have to both neck a pint of beer in each of the nine pubs in the village. First across the finish line wins (and frequently throws up).

No idea where it originated from but it's usually carnage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Once a year in the village I live in they hold a fancy dress wheelbarrow race around the village.

Rules are, one guy pushes the barrow, one has to sit in it, they're both in fancy dress, and they have to both neck a pint of beer in each of the nine pubs in the village. First across the finish line wins (and frequently throws up).

No idea where it originated from but it's usually carnage.
We have scheduled bar crawls in my area too, but I have to ask... why does yours have a dress, much less a wheelbarrow?

• 1Worf

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I like Joppa. He was nice enough to apologize for all the trouble I experienced. I know Joppa cares a lot about the project and I have no doubt he wants to finish it. Unfortunately, he was placed behind the 8 ball after Brad died. I admired him for stepping up and taking the reins. TBH all of the workload for the last two + years has greatly improved. But they decided to format everything, and I know it also delayed things greatly. The game looks good.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I like Joppa. He was nice enough to apologize for all the trouble I experienced. I know Joppa cares a lot about the project and I have no doubt he wants to finish it. Unfortunately, he was placed behind the 8 ball after Brad died. I admired him for stepping up and taking the reins. TBH all of the workload for the last two + years has greatly improved. But they decided to format everything, and I know it also delayed things greatly. The game looks good.

Me and a lot of my friends have been eagerly awaiting your podcast, sir.

When can we expect it?

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ah, well its hilarious. And was amazing to watch. Could fill this thread over with just people falling down that hill for the last 200 years and I would be happy :p
There's a whole bunch of weird shit in villiages nobody goes to, then you see on the news that it's the day they throw black puddings into yorkshire puddings and wonder what the fuck is going on.

Like I looked up this bullshit over a half remembered article and it turns out I grew up 20 miles away from it.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
get

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Whoa they've already got a second zone??

It's only been 8 years i don't know if they can keep that pace up
My main concern is that they're going to have too many zones and I'll have to quit my job and leave my family to fully explore all the richness that Pantheon has to offer when it releases.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users