TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
animal fail GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
I've been enjoying what little of Pantheon there is to play, which has been a pleasant surprise.

It dawned on me that their messaging/PR has been complete shit since Brad's death. It's their biggest failure. Even after playing the goddamn game, I still can't find enough interest to sit and listen to them drone on about the next 'season' and patch. I don't blame anyone doubting this game. They need to seriously rethink how they engage with the community.

With that out of the way... Comparing what's playable to indie-MMO's like Embers Adrift & Shroud of the Avatar - Pantheon feels more 'finished' than those games. Combat feels better, framerates are solid, loading is quick, questing system, itemization, buffs, etc. The bones of a classic MMO are in, and working well! I can see the potential to just grind out content.

I made it to level 7 as a Dire Lord, which is the most completed tank class apparently. The stamina/resource/ability system is well done. With buffs and topping off my Essence + Readiness, I can take down whites/yellows solo. Combat is engaging and satisfying. I also really like the mastery system, and being able to choose what abilities you want to improve and to what degree. Groups are fairly easy to get, even outside of peak hours. The population seemed higher than I was expecting too. There's a lot of old EQ nerds out there apparently.

My biggest complaint so far has been inventory management and the tradeskill system tedium. I've been farming mats to make bags so I can store more shit in the bank, and the item spam is real. The categories of items are helpful to know what I can safely sell. I'm trying to sell only General items and basic weapon/gear drops, and save anything labeled Regeant or Resource. There's still some work to be done in this area.

It really feels a lot like EQ, even down to NPC's and abilities. The nostalgia hit me in the newbie area. It was pitch black, the rain started, and all I could see in the distance was the glow of a fire beetle. I realized I'm probably going to throw down the big bucks for full-time access, and become one of the Fal'len.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It feels like an actual world instead of the rehashed different "lands" in the "theme park" style.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
How can you say Pantheon is an EQ clone when the head designer plays Wow and EQ TLPs? TLPs aren't as good as the original. They are watered-down content that everyone has beaten over and over like a drum.

Last edited:
  • 1GreNeg

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
How can you say Pantheon is an EQ drone when the head designer plays Wow and EQ TLPs? TLPs aren't as good as the original. They are watered-down content that everyone has beaten over and over like a drum.
Mr. Sox, I never claimed it was an EQ drone(clone?). But I do think it feels more like EQ than EQ2 does.

I think Pantheon has a chance to take EQ/EQ2 players in such numbers that Darkpaw/EQ will get scared and sue Pantheon due to likeness or trademark.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

forehead

Trakanon Raider
Mr. Sox, I never claimed it was an EQ drone(clone?). But I do think it feels more like EQ than EQ2 does.

I think Pantheon has a chance to take EQ/EQ2 players in such numbers that Darkpaw/EQ will get scared and sue Pantheon due to likeness or trademark.
Every genre of game has 1000 clones so they can’t sue (and win) for likeness; and what trademarks does Darkpaw have that they are infringing upon?

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Oh fuck yes can’t wait to watch sox dunk on everyone with his forum lawyer skills.

I heard he was sitting at a bus stop one time when a lawyer from a white shoe law firm came by, so watch out

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Oh fuck yes can’t wait to watch sox dunk on everyone with his forum lawyer skills.

I heard he was sitting at a bus stop one time when a lawyer from a white shoe law firm came by, so watch out
Are you saying he's a white supremacist?

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Joppa like Elon Musk used Brad's ideas after he died, and Brad died penniless like Tesla did due to his wife's medical bills. They were not going to have a funeral for Brad until some old developers like Michele Butler got together and paid for his funeral or celebration. Brad's wife died the following month from stage 4 cancer. The staff told the content creators (VOT, Baz, P+, and Napalm) to keep quiet about it for fear of causing a run on the company resources from scared investors.

Did Joppa go to the funeral? or Ben Dean? I know Chris Rowan did and spoke at the funeral with Smed, Brad's daughter, and Brad's uncle. I have not yet activated my alpha key.

I am not happy with Pantheon's development. I wish I could get a refund. I know secretly Joppa hates the fact it is being called Brad's game or vision. Too much emphasis on winning.

I still can't believe Minus deleted all of his videos from his run-on P=. Three years of good content down the drain. Everyone is getting the shaft after they have been in the trenches with the team. War is hell on people. The stress of gaming leads to a lot of suicides, anger, and depression in some people, I guess. Games are supposed to be fun and challenging.

I know Nathan Napalm paid 3 k for the lithograph package. It was a business expense for his banned channel because he flashed his nipples shooting laser beams out of them. He made a new channel. I like his content. His puppets are hilarious.

I don't think there were any 10k investors in Pantheon unless one of those Green Mab Gaming people did it. i own a P+ and Bazgrim T shirt.

Good or Bad Brad will never be forgotten in the hearts and minds for those who knew him and loved him.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Pantheon is more like Vanguard, actually if you compare it to Vanguard, it's really scary how close it is. I have a feeling EG7, or Jason Epstein is behind the development of both M&M and Pantheon. By spreading different concepts across board, it is easier to retain your player base from going to another gaming company to fill those needs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Someone actually played this game? Holy shit
Many of us are and enjoying it. The base game is amazingly solid and addictive. It does feel a lot like old EQ. But it's own game too.

They have a lot of work to do. Tons. So it isn't coming out any time soon.

The haters in this thread are just that. They're vile people without lives. They and their opinions don't represent reality, or matter.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Many of us are and enjoying it. The base game is amazingly solid and addictive. It does feel a lot like old EQ. But it's own game too.

They have a lot of work to do. Tons. So it isn't coming out any time soon.

The haters in this thread are just that. They're vile people without lives. They and their opinions don't represent reality, or matter.

I am sure you are having fun with the game. I agree but there is such a thing as Alpha burn too. Will you be around when it launches in 3 years from now? or will you be playing the new hot game from Dreamhaven? I would not expect Darkpaw just to lie down and die, do you agree?

I don't like the idea that you will be level 40+ within the first 6 zones with 2 more continents to go. The idea of the game is about exploration with your friends not with in-game maps and site write-ups before the game launches. It takes all the fun out. Games die when communities get divided, and the level of entry is too hard. If the level of entry is too easy the hardcore gamers won't stay around. The developers need hardcore gamers like Zaide to push the boundaries and bring some new people in.

An average game lasts about 4- months before the game crashes with an end game. Even less without one. Look at New World. They had deep pockets and bombed. Exploits will also kill a game's life expectancy.

Everything looks shiny when it comes off the assembly line. Then the wheels fall off, the motor stops working, and the upholstery rips. This is why you have to buy a new car.

Google Fiber here in KC is testing 20 G right now. $160 a month

Last edited:

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am sure you are having fun with the game. I agree but there is such a thing as Alpha burn too. Will you be around when it launches in 3 years from now? or will you be playing the new hot game from Dreamhaven? I would not expect Darwpaw just to lay down and die, do you agree?

I don't like the idea that you will be level 40+ within the first 6 zones with 2 more continents to go. The idea of the game is about exploration with your friends not with in game maps and site write-ups before the game launches. It takes all the fun out.

An average game lasts about 4- months before the game crashes with an end game. Even less without one. Look at New World. They had deep pockets and bombed. Exploits will also kill a game's life expectancy.

Everything looks shiny when it comes off the assembly line new. Then the wheels fall off, the motor stops working, and the upholstery rips. this is why you have to buy a new one.
Yes, they have a ton of work to do. Mostly on content. That takes time and resources. We'll see how it all plays out, but I like what they have done so far.

• 1Like