Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
If Kickstarters like The Banner Saga or Broken Age have taught us anything, it's that crowd-funded gamesdefinitelydon't work.
In fairness we simply don't have enough of a sample size of crowd funded games to really make this assessment, Way to many variables to account for also.

Edit: Apparently that was sarcasm, either way above is still true.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol, from the cleric update. Did they even read this shit?

They don full heavy plate armor,

and later on in the paragraph...

The lack of heavy armor makes them more susceptible to melee and artillery damage

Heh.
I thought they were talking about a different sub class??

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord

The lack of heavy armor makes them more susceptible to melee and artillery damage

Heh.
Please for the love of God , tell me this isn't what is actually put up on the site.

I thought they were talking about a different sub class??
They are. Just read it. Isn't the clearest but it should be easy enough to tell that from reading it. They could have structured it better.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Heh.
Read it again. I think it means that they can either be a caster type cleric with cloth, or full plate battle healers. Obvously cloth will have more magic power. As the battle cleric in full plate will have less but will have more attack power. At least thats what I got out of it.

Mur_sl

shitlord

Heh.
The Cleric is a healer. The battle Cleric stands toe-to-toe against their enemy without fear capable of decent armed combat and spell casting granted through divine favor. They don full heavy plate armor, a shield in offhand and typically flourish in the use of maces, scepters, warhammers, flails and even two-handed hammers capable of delivering heavy damage.There have been cases where the Cleric would focus their efforts more on their spiritual and divine blessings, thus taking on a magical offense and defense. In these cases they've been seen wearing bright, radiant robes and are known to wield two-handed staves or scepters with a tome in offhand. The lack of heavy armor makes them more susceptible to melee and artillery damage but they are more agile to dodge and channel their divine energies.In rare occasions, Clerics have been capable of opening the window to their faith, allowing them to manifest astral Paladins from faith energy. The power of these sentries is derived from the strength of their belief making a seasoned cleric a force to be reckoned with.

Their prayer books are normally scribed with the writings of many ancient rites, marks and blessings. They can deal with many harsh situations from smiting their foes, healing or reviving fallen brethren, to cleansing the undead. In Terminus, there are many lawful deities from the various planes but their faith typically lies with the heroes belief from the spirit they are bound. Though the deities are different they have a common goal to ensure law and order. Because of the different deities, the Cleric may possess various abilities and blessings that will enhance their effectiveness on and off the battlefield.

Re-read it, it makes sense.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Read it again. I think it means that they can either be a caster type cleric with cloth, or full plate battle healers. Obvously cloth will have more magic power. As the battle cleric will have more attack power. At least thats what I got out of it.
Aha, I stand corrected. I need some more eyedrops--It's referring to the clothy stuff.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
RE: Cleric update

you should focus a lot more on how the class is gonna play, not with lore that we've read on pretty much every cleric class already anyways.
So, that reads a fucking lot like talent trees to me. Spec for plate and healing, or spec for robes and DPS.
Class identity?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

you should focus a lot more on how the class is gonna play, not with lore that we've read on pretty much every cleric class already anyways.
So, that reads a fucking lot like talent trees to me. Spec for plate and healing, or spec for robes and DPS.
Class identity?
I took it like sub classes under the cleric umbrella.. Like VG.. The cloth wearer sounds like a BM

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Class identity?
Or like D&D, they have moved forward from what the original cleric was. Things change but this sounds a lot more like 4th edition than WoW edition to me.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wait so I can't post now unless I give Brad McQuaid money? That's a bold new crowdfunding strategy
You can post whatever stupid shit you want. No one said you cant.

Now tell us again about how kickstarter rapes your wallets.

bayr_sl

shitlord
Then why exactly are you posting? You are shitting up the ESO thread after vocally stating you won't play it, so what's the goal here? What game are you pining over or do you just want to give Ut company on bitch, bitch, bitch, but never positively contribute?
I've never shit up the ESO Thread, I even said Ut is a broken record there. Oddly enough he's one of the only one's with any sense in this thread.

jilena_sl

shitlord
Oh, and a $250 pledge level:

Pledge $250 or more
0 backers Limited (500 left of 500)
Paragon?s Pledge? (This is a STAND ALONE tier not included in the tiers following it.) All previous reward tiers plus very early access to the game as a tester. The exceptions for those who pledge this tier are simple. Be ready and able to help us with any type of game testing and be willing to spend time submitting detailed bug reports. As a paragon you will receive mention in the credits, have a special tag on our forums once they are established, and a special icon that you can display next to your character name when the game launches. All of those who participate in this pledge must sign a Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA) and cannot work for any other game company. If at anytime we feel it is justified your access can be removed by the development team.
They need to allow this as an opt in for the higher tiers. I mean if you are giving alpha access already and I just gave you 1k why wouldn't you let me opt in as a tester?