Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
I want to believe the best of people, too, but come on. At some point even the most optimistic people pulling for this have to accept that this is likely just Brad shaking the money tree while he still can. This is the gaming world equivalent of a washed up celeb hitting the county fair out of desperation for more cash.
This was pretty much what I went through with this project. Was excited before the Kickstarter and fully willing to give Brad another chance. Was disappointed with the initial Kickstarter reveal, but still liked a lot of what Brad had to say about his philosophy for the game. Then it was just one thing after another as the shit piled on and I could no longer support the project or give Brad the benefit of the doubt. With how poorly managed this project has been, it's become pretty clear to me that Vanguard was not just a series of poor circumstances--it's failure was inevitable from the outset. Yeah, yeah, I know a lot of you have been saying this for years, but I wanted to believe in Brad because I genuinely like a lot of the ideas he has for MMORPGs (whether they are originally his own or not). Oh well!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Kickstarter comments have crossed over into fully insane(and bad at math).

Sebastian Gnoyke 9 minutes ago

Cmon folks
smile.png
... $100 per head and we are ready to go. If it is possible, do it! It will help allot and we will have fun over many years with this fantastic game. I love it ...

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
$45 and $375 sell out so they add $60 and $425 which give the same rewards.....then remove all caps? Make up your mind. Shit like that is exactly the reason I will never donate on their website.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Kickstarter comments have crossed over into fully insane(and bad at math).
I think he means for everyone already in to up their pledge by $100, which would almost bring it to the goal.

Must buy more imaginary trinkets for a game that likely won't come to fruition!

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'm pretty sure we know enough about Landmark and EQ Next to have convinced those players that these aren't the games for them. Unfortunately, this tread had made it even worse for that group.
I'm confused - I think I'm in "that group" but EQN is also the game I'm looking forward to the most, right now.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think he means for everyone already in to up their pledge by $100, which would almost bring it to the goal.
Oh, I know that's what he meant. It's retarded, because all 3,000 people are definitely not going to do that and the they'll still be like 70,000 short.

I'm confused - I think I'm in "that group" but EQN is also the game I'm looking forward to the most, right now.
The 'group' I'm talking about are the ones who don't want fast-paced combat. If you're really looking forward to EQN, I'm assuming you aren't in the group.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Its like the only one thats trying to break the mold we have been in since 2005. How could you not be excited for it?
How is EQN going to break the mold exactly ? Not sarcastic, I just assumed it would be a typical dumbed down solo fest like everything else, curious if that's not true...

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How is EQN going to break the mold exactly ? Not sarcastic, I just assumed it would be a typical dumbed down solo fest like everything else, curious if that's not true...
If you didn't have your head in the sand, worshiping the "Altar of Brad", you'd probably know that EQNext is using an "outside the box" approach. We could link multiple websites, articles, and information, but you're likely just going to ignore it and continue on your present course. So, what's the use? If you're that curious, there's plenty of ways to find it.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
EQN is total garbage. Its pretty much the opposite of everything we are stating is great about the idea of Pantheon. And seriously, its Sony. They could fuck up WOW if Blizzard just handed it to them. These are the same people that brought you NGE and told us Free Realms was the future of MMO's. Enough said.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
EQN is total garbage. Its pretty much the opposite of everything we are stating is great about the idea of Pantheon. And seriously, its Sony. They could fuck up WOW if Blizzard just handed it to them. These are the same people that brought you NGE and told us Free Realms was the future of MMO's. Enough said.
Lol, you always crack me up. Everything great about Pantheon...that says it all. If I was Smed, I'd just use Brad as a punch line from here on out. Look, we actually know what we are doing. Come see. We have lots of evidence of what is going on and it's not a shell game! Come join our 4 servers and join in the fun with people that are actually playing something...

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
If you didn't have your head in the sand, worshiping the "Altar of Brad", you'd probably know that EQNext is using an "outside the box" approach. We could link multiple websites, articles, and information, but you're likely just going to ignore it and continue on your present course. So, what's the use? If you're that curious, there's plenty of ways to find it.
The only thing i care about is a group based game, where most of the content takes a group to accomplish and classes built around that... thats it.. if EQN has it count me in.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Still wondering about what Smed was tweeting, about SWG players coming home.. I wonder if SOE is buying "The Repopulation"