Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Still wondering about what Smed was tweeting, about SWG players coming home.. I wonder if SOE is buying "The Repopulation"
Already clarified and tweeted about regretting those words because SWG fans got all bent out of shape. It's going to be FPS-like but based on a massive sandbox. It's going to be all post apocalyptic and rebuilding the world is going to play a big role. There was even a screen or two he tweeted, but it didn't show much.

Nothing to do with The Repopulation, though thematically they could be compared.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Already clarified and tweeted about regretting those words because SWG fans got all bent out of shape. It's going to be FPS-like but based on a massive sandbox. It's going to be all post apocalyptic and rebuilding the world is going to play a big role. There was even a screen or two he tweeted, but it didn't show much.

Nothing to do with The Repopulation, though thematically they could be compared.
Sounds interesting. Will likely suck, but I'm all for trying new things.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
EQN is total garbage. Its pretty much the opposite of everything we are stating is great about the idea of Pantheon. And seriously, its Sony. They could fuck up WOW if Blizzard just handed it to them. These are the same people that brought you NGE and told us Free Realms was the future of MMO's. Enough said.
Yet another game Merlin will call absolute garbage but never play like the dumb fuck he is.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider

FPS like has me completely turned off, but if they were able to duplicate the SWG crafting and non-combat systems I would be interested.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Shabushabu,

No one knows exactly what EQN will end up like but there's a strong likelihood of extremely hard content that will need lots of people. I think the group based stuff will be tough but the city building campaigns should be epic. Taking back a continent where you ancestors got their asses whipped while fleeing from...should be pretty hard I hope. I'm sure there will be parts that turn you off but that part should be pretty good.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Shabushabu,

No one knows exactly what EQN will end up like but there's a strong likelihood of extremely hard content that will need lots of people. I think the group based stuff will be tough but the city building campaigns should be epic. Taking back a continent where you ancestors got their asses whipped while fleeing from...should be pretty hard I hope. I'm sure there will be parts that turn you off but that part should be pretty good.
Sounds neat. I will start reading up... If the game has decent group mechanics in mind when built, I imagine user built content could be great stuff.

Wystler_sl

shitlord
Shabushabu,

No one knows exactly what EQN will end up like but there's a strong likelihood of extremely hard content that will need lots of people. I think the group based stuff will be tough butthe city building campaigns should be epic. Taking back a continent where you ancestors got their asses whipped while fleeing from...should be pretty hard I hope.I'm sure there will be parts that turn you off but that part should be pretty good.
I hope you're right about that otherwise they'll be missing a big opportunity. I don't really trust them to figure that out off the bat but then again, I don't think the whole no-trinity thing is going to be worth a shit either but I'm willing to see if they can come up with something interesting.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Shabushabu,

It is pretty clear from the landmark thread that anything difficult in eqn will be immediately nerfed to easy mode as soon as two people complain. I would set your expectations low.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I hope you're right about that otherwise they'll be missing a big opportunity. I don't really trust them to figure that out off the bat but then again, I don't think the whole no-trinity thing is going to be worth a shit either but I'm willing to see if they can come up with something interesting.
and so the interest is already damaged, no trinity ? Is there some group mechanic that takes its place or its it just barfight mode ?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
and so the interest is already damaged, no trinity ? Is there some group mechanic that takes its place or its it just barfight mode ?
GW already fucked it up so I think Sony will learn from those mistakes. No trinity doesn't mean there can't be trinity play. It just means there will be options within the group of who is what. How they work it. What can be done. Personally, I think trinity will be the main grouping set up. Top players and a few others may experiment with other options.

Wystler,

I agree and am glad they have lots of time to figure it out. At least the trend is towards difficulty now. Hope they are willing to go for broke.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
GW already fucked it up so I think Sony will learn from those mistakes. No trinity doesn't mean there can't be trinity play. It just means there will be options within the group of who is what. How they work it. What can be done. Personally, I think trinity will be the main grouping set up. Top players and a few others may experiment with other options.
Yes, i guess what I like the idea of is just players depending on players in more than a you take this guy, i take that guy mode. Trinity or other doesn't really matter.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yes, i guess what I like the idea of is just players depending on players in more than a you take this guy, i take that guy mode. Trinity or other doesn't really matter.
It does suck to a point but they aren't leaving anyone out of grouping options at least. This gives everyone a reason to group hopefully. As Tad mentions, this is an area they could still fuck up massively but they've done pretty well so far with EQL. This is also their best chance to give Blizzard a black eye while basking in the praises of the masses(lol). I'm going to stay hopeful just because the options are so few for what they are attempting.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is pretty clear from the landmark thread that anything difficult in eqn will be immediately nerfed to easy mode as soon as two people complain. I would set your expectations low.
Oh stop, not saying the latter might not happen in Next but nothing in landmark gives any indication of that, since the changes there have been to remove needless tediousness not "Challenge".

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A lot of these arguments also assume that anything in EQ was challenging to begin with, beyond the progression grind and cock blocking anyone behind you. Most everything prior to PoP trials you could just zerg. There is a fine line between tedium and challenge.