Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Sheep who just wanted to go through the same thing over and over. People who took time to level up originally did it all over the place, Except some of the karanas and Gorge of King Xorbb... because fuck that zone.
90% of the game was filled with sheep then, and the sheep herders followed because they needed a group.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
man this thread got dumb quick.
When hasn't it been
smile.png

Edit: Shit beaten by Cinge.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why do you guys invest so much energy into telling people why their preference in gaming is wrong? Keep calm and Pantheon on...

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Bull fucking shit.
He never played but his third cousin twice removed told him so. Just like he said everything was BoP but it wasn't for the longest time. I remember the WG and AB battles where twinks were almost unkillable but I must be misremembering.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I quested to about 35 and then had to do the odd quest here and there and grind everything else because there weren't enough quests for level progression and/or they were too far apart in Vanilla WoW. Quests really dried up after Stranglethorn.

I spent a lot of time killing Satyrs and Furbolgs in Felwood and Wintergrasp. I had whipper root tubers and night dragon's breath on lockdown though. Then I farmed TaKeirthan songblades for like 2 months straight because I was one of the only level 60s on the server and nobody else knew about the named in EPL. Shit was dope.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He never played but his third cousin twice removed told him so. Just like he said everything was BoP but it wasn't for the longest time. I remember the WG and AB battles where twinks were almost unkillable but I must be misremembering.
Oh man, level 19 and 29 twinks were so friggan fun.

Khane

Oh man, level 19 and 29 twinks were so friggan fun.
Oh man I almost forgot you could enchant low level gear with high level enchants at release. That was the only form of twinking, so I guess you could twink a little bit in Vanilla WoW too.

By the way where the hell did the term twinking come from? I always figured it was csome dumb kid who confused the word tweaking.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
There are several possible etymologies for the word. It may not have been derived from a single source, instead evolving from multiple convergent usages. Its exact origin is unclear.

The gay-slang usage of "twink" has been suggested as a likely origin.[1] One of the connotations of this usage is "a young/inexperienced person who can outfit himself fashionably because of financial benefits from an older/experienced sugar daddy." This parallels MMORPGs, where in-game money is a strong limiting factor in the virtual economy and gear is usually in the form of clothing and jewelry.

The word "twink" appeared in the Ultima Online: Renaissance playguide in the glossary of terms. It was asserted to have a meaning similar to its current one, but also included powerlevelling.

On the MUD Sojourn, which several creators of EverQuest played, "twink" was alternately used to refer to powerleveling and metagaming. As MUDs date to 1978, this use of the term may possibly predate later uses.

Khane

Oh it definitely comes from the gay-slang then. I'm sure of it. Where the fuck is Kuriin?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
South Karana and upper guk dead zones? You must be shitting me Ut.
They were dead as a doornail on Mithaniel Marr. In hindsight of my debate I can concede the obvious possibility this could easily vary from server to server. Our market gathering was in north Freeport. Others had the east commons tunnel.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Lake Rathe was easily doable for magicians and necros at 14-16. Well, and monks. Monks were so OP in vanilla. One of the few classes with a kajillion different abilities that very few people invested time to level up. ID kiting was amazing.

Nulolan

N00b
I can echo what everyone is saying, you could def grind in WoW. Hell its the way I leveled mostly because I didn't really like the quest hub shit and was use to standing in one spot grinding shit in EQ lol.