Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seem to recall it was with Luclin (and AAs) that rangers actually became a legit class.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Decent DPS, snare, root, bit of DD, self buffs, SOW, self heals for after fight. Could solo decent against animals when they added fear vs animals, had tracking, was always my favorite. There were way more boring classes than the ranger.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Decent DPS, snare, root, bit of DD, self buffs, SOW, self heals for after fight. Could solo decent against animals when they added fear vs animals, had tracking, was always my favorite. There were way more boring classes than the ranger.

Probably true. I was knee deep in SK, Bard, Necro, and mage at that point. I didn't look back.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rangers may have became much, much better in Velious - but my original guild leader was a Ranger. I vividly remember tanking shrooms in OS with him DPS'ing and shit was just melting. I never felt that way about Rangers in Classic. But thats one of those situations where our gear wasnt scrub shit either, so that could be the difference.

Also, just to reiterate - I dont think anyone truly wants Pantheon to fail, here. We can talk shit all day long and call it vaporware, but the majority of us want to at least try it. As for some random ass clown putting down the community on Twitter? Brad responded to it, so thanks for the free publicity. Bad publicity is still publicity. A persons curiosity is still going to win over some insignificant nobody's warning.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
1-20 was some of the best EQ content. Blackburrow, Crushbone, Unrest, Oasis and Uguk were tons of fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
And Cazic Thule with Rubicite armor. And Unrest for small bronze, and Highpass for the PGT. Also rangers were awesome in Kunark if they were raid geared. High dps and could often tank in the right group.

Blackwulf

N00b
Did TESO go offline?
No, but I've been bored/disappointed with that game for a couple years. Well, you knew that, but I've missed you, Ut, so I don't mind saying it again.

Is anyone playing anything newish? I want a new MMO. Seriously, what's the prognosis for this game?

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
No, but I've been bored/disappointed with that game for a couple years. Well, you knew that, but I've missed you, Ut, so I don't mind saying it again.

Is anyone playing anything newish? I want a new MMO. Seriously, what's the prognosis for this game?

Prognosis. Stage 4 hospice care and all the family members gathering around the bed to say their goodbyes.

• 1Like

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was so fucking happy that a friend started before me and warned off making a Ranger. Best deciiosn of my EQ playing time.
My friend was an asshole and made me roll a Warrior at first.

As for Rangers, once they got EQ and AM3 they were pretty fucking beast. Just needed to download autoshot.

Necros may not have been able to quad kite like Wiz/Druid or endless kite like Bards, but their poisons and diseases were rarely ever resisted and they'd have a much easier time taking on equal+ cons than pretty much any other class. Magicians were pretty good solo, but their fire and arcane spells got resisted fairly often, and they had no way to snare the mob like a Necro could. An air pet backstabbing the shit out of a snared mob would have made life as a Mage pretty god damn amazing.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The prognosis for this game is better than some here want to give it credit for. Yes, they still have a long way to go, in terms of both funding and in development, but most of what they have pushed out publicly thus far has been well received. Many were impressed with their first stream back in the June-ish timeframe, not realizing this was even in real development. Many moreso in the recent stream in early December. They've made solid progress.

The dev team stated in the last stream that they would like to hit alpha testing sometime before this summer if things continue as planned. If that were to happen, my guess would put release sometime around Fall/Christmas 2018. That's just my guess but it seems reasonable enough.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The thing about non instanced games like this is all about the content, quality and quantity to satisfy the 800-1000 prime time peeps per server. I cant see them providing that with a skeletin crew, if its in fact a skeleton crew like it supposedly is. I just hope they dont push this out before its fully fleshed out and finished, like vanguard.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The size of their team is a concern but perhaps not as much of one in my mind. For starters, I'm not convinced a large staff is good for this type of game right now. Or for that matter, for Brad to manage. Let them expand slowly and strategically to conserve resources. Their website does suggest they have been adding new people here and there but I say, stay lean and keep the whole process simplified.

Of course, that does mean everything will take longer to develop, which obviously brings additional funding challenges if it goes on too long. Fine line right there. But I think their chance for success is better with a team too small than it is with one that is too large. It reminds e of Shilling and 38 Studios. There was a ton of shit working against that company but at the end of the day, adding too many people at too rapid a pace to a company with shitty leadership and an inability to manage it/them all is a recipe for disaster.

Out of curiosity, I wonder how many people were at 989 Studios with Brad back in the mid-late 90s when they were developing EQ?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
My friend was an asshole and made me roll a Warrior at first.

As for Rangers, once they got EQ and AM3 they were pretty fucking beast. Just needed to download autoshot.

Necros may not have been able to quad kite like Wiz/Druid or endless kite like Bards, but their poisons and diseases were rarely ever resisted and they'd have a much easier time taking on equal+ cons than pretty much any other class. Magicians were pretty good solo, but their fire and arcane spells got resisted fairly often, and they had no way to snare the mob like a Necro could. An air pet backstabbing the shit out of a snared mob would have made life as a Mage pretty god damn amazing.

My friend got me started on necro because our schedules conflicted and he wanted me to be able to play if they weren't on. He kept informing me that even cons were not to be messed with unless I played my necro which I discovered pretty quickly anyways. I sometimes could kill red cons if they were low health mobs. He tried to PL me a few times but we just stuck with him doing a little of that for my SK. Man, it was tough for people to get past the warrior bias for that class.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I eventually rolled a Mage and then a BST as my main. Other alts, Shaman was a really fun class imo, etc., but fuck starting with a Warrior. What a terrible idea, I should go kick his ass for that right now.