Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
hope so, because Sillius presided over some gross wowification in early VG

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jarek

Molten Core Raider
I am fairly confident that Joppa (Chris Perkins) saved Pantheon. As to whether or not he will carry it to completion remains to be seen, but it definitely seems like Joppa was the driving force for this coming back from the dead.

Yeah I agree. I remember this shit going from total fuzzy-troll cult-mode to an actual development project after that dude took over the heavy lifting.

I hope he gets a career out of all this, seems like a talented, hard working professional.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So here is a serious question without shitting on the game or Brad. Can someone provide any meat or substance as to what this game will actually be like without vague buzzwords like "old school", "epic", "group gameplay".

Is it going to be instanced or non? This never got a direct answer long ago did they decide by now?
Yes it will be group play but will you be able to solo play at least to the extent EQ was? Will some classes be completely boned like EQ?
Given how many of you guys like to say in the Warcraft thread that you don't have time to play MMO's these days because of kids, family, ect.. How long do you think an average session should be planned around? I mean if you only have time to 30 minute LFR WoW runs are you going to be able to handle a game that takes 15 minutes to walk to a zone?

100% Putting Brad and Crew aside there is really nothing known about what kind of game this will turn out to be, based on past experience with EQ and Vangaurd we can expect it to be similar but in all honesty if it turns out to be another Vangaurd I am going to guess that many of you will be disappointed as last time.

• 3Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So here is a serious question without shitting on the game or Brad. Can someone provide any meat or substance as to what this game will actually be like without vague buzzwords like "old school", "epic", "group gameplay".

Is it going to be instanced or non? This never got a direct answer long ago did they decide by now?
Yes it will be group play but will you be able to solo play at least to the extent EQ was? Will some classes be completely boned like EQ?
Given how many of you guys like to say in the Warcraft thread that you don't have time to play MMO's these days because of kids, family, ect.. How long do you think an average session should be planned around? I mean if you only have time to 30 minute LFR WoW runs are you going to be able to handle a game that takes 15 minutes to walk to a zone?

100% Putting Brad and Crew aside there is really nothing known about what kind of game this will turn out to be, based on past experience with EQ and Vangaurd we can expect it to be similar but in all honesty if it turns out to be another Vangaurd I am going to guess that many of you will be disappointed as last time.

XEXsOqZ.png

TnQlXps.png

d2nay0W.png

I can't speak for the other posters, but if raid content is not instanced then my intended playtime is probably like 24-30 hours on 4 hours off or something similar until max level, followed average sessions of 4-12 hours depending on what I'm doing.

#TeamNoLife

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I can't speak for the other posters, but if raid content is not instanced then my intended playtime is probably like 24-30 hours on 4 hours off or something similar until max level, followed average sessions of 4-12 hours depending on what I'm doing.

#TeamNoLife
Like Zaide, i will plan to binge play through to max level and then anticipate 3-5 hour play sessions during weeknights and longer sessions on the weekend until i find that happy place where my character is leveled, geared, epic'd (assuming they have them), etc. and what my guild and friends are doing. Then i will either more casually level an alt, if i already haven't leveled one concurrently. All the while still doing my weekly LFR in WoW~!

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Unlike Zaide, I will log in, play for a couple hours, realize I loved this style of game back in 1999 because it was the first of it's kind and the only thing I had going at the time was work, play, games, bar, ladies - realize I am 43 years old - and unless it is a drunk gaming weekend which only happens to be once every three weeks, I would rather use that time playing the multitude of games out there rather than log in for 36 hours to level from 4-8 killing the same damn orc over and over again next to a rock tent with animations that are worse than Burl Ives' 1964 version of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

And for the record, I love that movie.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff

The stated target session time in the most recent stream was said to be 2 hours

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Gonna play as time allows on the pvp server, gonna be glorious. Anyone serious about immersion should go pvp shard. PCs > NPCs for challenge

• 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Gonna play as time allows on the pvp server, gonna be glorious. Anyone serious about immersion should go pvp shard. PCs > NPCs for challenge

Yeah that challenge will be through the roof just like it was in EQ :rolleyes:

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sillius is back at daybreak i think.

Poor EQ and DBG.

Whatever state this game releases in there will be raiders who come just to decimate the raid content and move on. Same exact thing we all did with WoW raiders in Vanguard and Rift, people love fresh games and starts mostly just for the competition aspect even if its unpolished.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider

Vanguard, before it was shut down was probably the perfect mixture of group/solo. All around I liked it more than any other mmo currently available but the game had already been put into idle mode before I started playing. Alas, that version of vanguard had nothing to do with Brad so it's probably not going to be indicitave of what he's going for. It was a pretty good evolution from EQ though without being WOW lite.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pre-Silius content release was APW and a handful of world raid mobs. Post-Silius was the Shores of Darkness and Pantheon dungeon. Shores of Darkness was the worst piece of shit content I ever played in an MMO and the Pantheon update made you grind SoD yet again.

• 3Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Sillius is a moron. Anything with that reject involved should be immediately scorned and mocked until the project fails.

• 1Worf

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
Vanguard, before it was shut down was probably the perfect mixture of group/solo. All around I liked it more than any other mmo currently available but the game had already been put into idle mode before I started playing. Alas, that version of vanguard had nothing to do with Brad so it's probably not going to be indicitave of what he's going for. It was a pretty good evolution from EQ though without being WOW lite.
Vanguard spent way too much time on solo and quest advancement. Leveling is too important to advancement in an mmo, and every other form of advancement (item, skill) can be trivialized by it. Opportunities to safely solo should be few and far between, and soloing to cap should have never been a thing. They need to put the multiplayer back into mmo.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
XEXsOqZ.png

TnQlXps.png

d2nay0W.png

#TeamNoLife

Funny how pretty much all of boozes questions have answers but he didn't actually care about knowing, he just wants to shit post here. 600 plus posts.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
He puts just as much effort into finding out the details of this game as Brad's effort in his last two games he was involved in.

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I would be down for a modern eq clone too. Hand crafted items that mean something, the grind, the risk vs reward. I bet if this shit is good it would even attract some of the wow fags. That is, if it's good, like eq good, not vanguard good.

Hand crafted items? You mean the utter pain of leveling blacksmithing to grandmaster so you can make... fine plate armor with less AC than mid level quest gear + drops and no stats?

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Hand crafted items? You mean the utter pain of leveling blacksmithing to grandmaster so you can make... fine plate armor with less AC than mid level quest gear + drops and no stats?

Hand crafted items meaning they are not spreadsheet designed with random "Of the" names with +2 some stat like in every MMO since wow. Everyone knew all the cool items in EQ. BEcause they were all hand made with unique names by deign team, I dont mean literal "crafting items" lol.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hand crafted items meaning they are not spreadsheet designed with random "Of the" names with +2 some stat like in every MMO since wow. Everyone knew all the cool items in EQ. BEcause they were all hand made with unique names by deign team, I dont mean literal "crafting items" lol.

Vanguards crafting system imho was one of the best i've messed around with and hopefully Pantheon mimic's the system in some sort of way. You could actually gear for tradeskills with its own gearset which made it worth for some people to invest into gear in order to make better items easily. Since you could control the end results stats and mods it was actually pretty good gear to bridge the gap between group and raid gear.

Another really good feature would be that starter island from VG, it introduced you to all 3 leveling spheres in the game and provided quests for each of them. The PVE route to leave the island was really well done introducing you to rares, gear, mounts, and grouping from the jump.