Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Idk why anyone still thinks he has anything to do with controlling finances.

Why do people have any faith that anything he's attached to has any chance of succeeding?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Well, it really doesn't have that much to do with Brad at this point. People want to have faith that something like EQ will be made again. We've played WoW and WoW-like games a long time and something different than what we've seen the last 10 years is what he's pushing. It doesn't hurt to hope and it gives us something to pick at in the meantime. I'll probably have more fun posting, arguing, and trolling about Pantheon than I will the game itself.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Why do people have any faith that anything he's attached to has any chance of succeeding?

100% of games he has been associated with have released.

50% of them are still running 19 years later.

I'll take those odds.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
I mean i know he has done some great stuff.Where you take those odds, the only thing i think of when i hear his name is the infamous parking lot incident and that he was an addict ( i think i can even tell he is on subs or high, he has that dopey tone, might be just my head).

I don't care either way as long as he makes a good game. But i hope this goes well. This might be all very wrong, and i don't mean to dis him. Is just the impression i'm left with after some decades on this forum.

Khane

1 out of 2 ain't bad! 50%! Brad is truly an impressive man.

How many of you with real, actual careers would go into an annual review and say "50% boss! Doing great I think. You should LOVE those odds!". Maybe if you had bigger aspirations in life than to make employee of the month at Best Buy you wouldn't find Brad so impressive Zaide.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Even if Pantheon fails there is still over 33% chance that he makes something that will run for over 19 years.

I'll take those odds.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider

How many of you with real, actual careers would go into an annual review and say "50% boss! Doing great I think. You should LOVE those odds!". Maybe if you had bigger aspirations in life than to make employee of the month at Best Buy you wouldn't find Brad so impressive Zaide.

Riiiiight, because the comparison you are making is totally totally apples to apples man. Shitting up the pantheon thread with "Brad sucks," I mean that's so fresh and so new. You are really opening our eyes and just pointing out the hard facts here that no one else is considering. I mean dang man, you are just a shining beacon in this thread of darkness. What would we do without you telling us Brad sucks and comparing our regular every day jobs to producing and shipping MMOs?

• 3Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Riiiiight, because the comparison you are making is totally totally apples to apples man. Shitting up the pantheon thread with "Brad sucks," I mean that's so fresh and so new. You are really opening our eyes and just pointing out the hard facts here that no one else is considering. I mean dang man, you are just a shining beacon in this thread of darkness. What would we do without you telling us Brad sucks and comparing our regular every day jobs to producing and shipping MMOs?
To be fair he isn't really saying "Brad sucks" in that post as much as he is saying that the "I'll take those odds" comment is dumb.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
He shipped Vanguard 50% done, with huge lag, no raids, no content past level 35, and we still made it work and made the best out of it. Even if this shipped as bad as Vanguard there would still be enough of a population to enjoy the game and really in the end if you're having fun who gives a fuck.

I think people underestimate how bad people want to play older games like EQ or even Rift whose TLP had a 30 minute queue all weekend.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
To be fair he isn't really saying "Brad sucks" in that post as much as he is saying that the "I'll take those odds" comment is dumb.

To be fair, I didn't think I needed to quote both posts but I guess we're not all as astute as Khane.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

It's funny that anyone here believes this game will resemble EQ in any way. This game will be much closer to WoW than it will be to EQ. If it releases.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think we stifle a lot of decent conversation with 500+ pages of Brad meme's and falling gifs that don't really do anything except farm easy likes. The forum has actual developers registered here, one of the game designers is a native of our community we could easily establish a great rapport between this forum and VR. We could easily springboard that into this becoming the top Pantheon community and watch as it attracts tons of new members.

I don't think the game or company should be free from criticism, especially if it's just poking fun at dumb shit but I'd like to see legitimate discussion gain a foothold on these forums again.

Anyway, I do think it will resemble EQ in terms of the core philosophy behind it's design and implementation. I don't think we'll see a primarily auto attack based combat system or a whole word done in a muted color palette but I think they will deliver on things like group centric gameplay, uninstanced zones and raids, naked corpse runs, light sources being required etc.

What else is really integral to what makes original EQ?

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 8 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

For starting a business? Yeah that's actually good numbers.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The forum has actual developers registered here, one of the game designers is a native of our community we could easily establish a great rapport between this forum and VR.
I have tried and tried to engage but they are just not interested.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I have tried and tried to engage but they are just not interested.

For sure, and just a casual viewing of the thread can tell you why. No dev wants to come in here and get trolled by a community that by all appearances dislikes them. Why bother?

• 1Barf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users