Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
TIL: Believing a game will release makes you a rabid fanboy optimist.

What a time to be alive.

You guys vastly underestimate the number of failed, unreleased, and dead MMORPG's in the MMORPG Graveyard.

2_Fort_Snelling_Looking_Southeast.JPG

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because they couldn't bullshit some faggot lion beating up bricks?

Because that's totally the same as watching live streams of groups playing the game. You are literally being retarded at this point.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Eonan

Doer of Things
TIL: Believing a game will release makes you a rabid fanboy optimist.

What a time to be alive.

Zaide your posts in this thread for the last year (since you backed it) have come across as nothing short of VR's resident FoH PR representative. I get it, you threw $1000+ at this thing (VIP package) and have a vested interest in it succeeding. The Pantheon dev team has four actual coders on it, four. Add in three "game designers" and you come out of it with a dev team seven people deep at best. Further, it appears that some of these folks aren't even FTE's, and many of the people on that list you posted are clearly working and/or volunteering on the project part time based on their LinkedIn profiles. This project has Ponytail levels of stink written all over it, and has since the Kickstarter went live for it.

The VR teams aversion to posting on these forums for certain has at least something to do with the toxic nature of this thread but guess what, it's the internet and the gaming industry...everything is toxic. Rest assured though, that justification for not posting here also hides their aversion to answer challenging questions on the company's stability & structure, long term financial plans, and ability to actually produce a working product that even remotely resembles what they've promised.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Zaide your posts in this thread for the last year (since you backed it) have come across as nothing short of VR's resident FoH PR representative. I get it, you threw $1000+ at this thing (VIP package) and have a vested interest in it succeeding. The Pantheon dev team has four actual coders on it, four. Add in three "game designers" and you come out of it with a dev team seven people deep at best. Further, it appears that some of these folks aren't even FTE's, and many of the people on that list you posted are clearly working and/or volunteering on the project part time based on their LinkedIn profiles. This project has Ponytail levels of stink written all over it, and has since the Kickstarter went live for it.

The VR teams aversion to posting on these forums for certain has at least something to do with the toxic nature of this thread but guess what, it's the internet and the gaming industry...everything is toxic. Rest assured though, that justification for not posting here also hides their aversion to answer challenging questions on the company's stability & structure, long term financial plans, and ability to actually produce a working product that even remotely resembles what they've promised.

I literally just post Pantheon related news in this thread. Would you prefer all of us just posted falling gifs here?

You are so used to people shitting on this game that any positive or even neutral feedback looks like shilling.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Man you need to go back five years to see us shitting on this game. Now days we just drop by every few months to score more points on the pantheon forum game.

I forgot how mad you guys get over this shit.

• 2Like

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Was having 12 classes too much? I wonder if they should have focused maybe on 6 solid classes to start with. Some classes seem to have always sort of stepped on each other in EQ. Like the shaman and enchanter had alot of cross over. Instead of having both classes available in Pantheon maybe it would have been better to try and have a single class to handle, slow, haste, buffs and debuffs. I just hope they aren't spreading their limited resources too thin by having to create a game that works well for 12 different classes.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously the trick is to make a game that doesn't work well for most of the classes. A true spiritual successor to Everquest!

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love the fact that they are being that ambitious with the number of classes. EQ was awesome because of the variety of races, home cities, and classes. The combinations of races and classes definitely made the world feel more alive and the people you were playing with feel more unique.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I love the fact that they are being that ambitious with the number of classes. EQ was awesome because of the variety of races, home cities, and classes. The combinations of races and classes definitely made the world feel more alive and the people you were playing with feel more unique.

Its also one of the things that made Vanguard unique as well. Bloodmage, Disciple, and their iteration of a hybrid spell tank DK were amazing.

This game and its community will be fine, this is nothing compared to when Vanguard's shit was leaked and the amount of "too much brown" posts that became a meme. This game has gotten the attention of guilds that you see in almost every raiding game lately, it's definitely heading in the right direction with at least the raiding community. I am just as skeptical as anyone but I want this to succeed and work. Some of us from the Vanguard fanboi club have been asking for a successor or emulator version for a long time. This is looking like an improved Vanguard and it's barely even a game.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is the only time when I can confidently say this is the game that 1) will get released and 2) I'm going to enjoy playing. Ever since EQ nothing managed to make me this confident during the game development. Only time will tell how deluded some of you guys are. So, like I said several months ago, I'm going to post here once the game is released and laugh at all of the skepticals here.

All of the games that I've seen being developed lacked the fundamental parts of what makes an MMO playable TO ME. I knew very early in its development process I won't like it. Some failed to deliver due to funds and others because the game is not "Fun" (Titan and EQ Next) well no shit, Sherlock.

Some of you can't distinguish between what sounds good and what actually plays good for thousands of hours of game play. I, in the other hand, know exactly what I want and I find that in Pantheon. We can argue all day long, you can throw your usual insults and retarded comments all you want. In the end, in time, we will see who's the deluded one.

• 3Worf
  • 1Seriously?

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
This is the only time when I can confidently say this is the game that 1) will get released and 2) I'm going to enjoy playing.
What other games (if any) have you been confident you'd enjoy playing years prior to their release?

When they were finally released, did you enjoy them as much as you thought you would?

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How much do they charge to annoint you a "Herald and Prophet"?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm as shocked as anyone where they're actually at in the development of this game, especially from where they started (Unity assets and fuzzy troll drawings) before, during, and right after the KS failed. To give them no credit at this point is to be nothing more than a salty bitch. They have a playable game, it's further along than anyone ever imagined it would be, and it looks like an EQ successor. From where they started to where they're currently at is nothing short of a miracle, especially given the size of their team.

• 4Solidarity

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Convo was prolly told by no circumstance was he allowed to work with us. We know all of Brad's dirty little secrets.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user