Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
3154BA0B-0A1F-4C98-B543-EC2814C1EED0.jpeg

What class you playing @Dom, Brikker Brikker ?

Smithy

Trakanon Raider
What I find more interesting is usually the Pantheon shills are people with 10 posts, no avatar, and really don't participate in this community beyond the "Pantheon will ROXXXORS" posts.

It's ok though little buddy because deep down "It's gonna rock"

I've been around these boards longer than you faggot. Just because I've moved on to other things doesn't mean I'm a shill, I've never used an avatar here. What I find more interesting is that many of the active users with tons of posts are /pol/ trolls, festering with bitterness and contempt on an obscure internet forum.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 2EyeRoll
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 14 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I've been around these boards longer than you faggot. Just because I've moved on to other things doesn't mean I'm a shill, I've never used an avatar here. What I find more interesting is that many of the active users with tons of posts are /pol/ trolls, festering with bitterness and contempt on an obscure internet forum.

Cool story bro.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Won't somebody please think about the children vaporware!

You're being called a shill because you post more about other people's opinions on the subject than your own. And judging from your other posts, I can see why.

proxy.duckduckgo.com.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Smithy

Trakanon Raider
Won't somebody please think about the children vaporware!

You're being called a shill because you post more about other people's opinions on the subject than your own. And judging from your other posts, I can see why.
lol, you actually took the time to read my post history? I really don't care man, go ahead and invest your time into a game you won't even play.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If this game had focused on just being a hardcore MMORPG, have a playable amount of content on release, and have a reasonable schedule of releasing new content, I could have easily been playing this right now. Maybe I wouldn't have played long, but it would have been +1 to sales. I play an occasional EQ TLP, I can't lie and say I wouldn't play a game like this.

All the extra pipedream bullshit needs to be tossed out the window. Want to add new shit to the genre? Do it with major content patches or an expansion when you already have your hooks into your players.

This is almost exactly like Duke Nukem Forever, promises for years of how awesome its going to be, and all the new shit added to the game blah blah. They remade the game how many times, and in the end it was awful, boring, and dated.

It's a joke now, and it's one of our favorite dead horses to kick here at FoH. It deserves the ridicule.

Start showing me some real progress in this so called hardcore MMORPG, and I'll show some real interest. I'm just tired of all the damn talk and promises.

EQ Classic servers and WoW classic servers are still popular and that is with extremely old graphics and play styles.

Pantheon may fail but it won't be because of it's old school style. Games don't fail because of style. They fail because they are not fun or they don't work. And nobody knows if Pantheon will be fun or will work.

It will be towards the end of Alpha before anyone can start to get a true feel for those 2 factors. Until then, this thread is just hot air.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
EQ Classic servers and WoW classic servers are still popular and that is with extremely old graphics and play styles.

Pantheon may fail but it won't be because of it's old school style. Games don't fail because of style. They fail because they are not fun or they don't work. And nobody knows if Pantheon will be fun or will work.

It will be towards the end of Alpha before anyone can start to get a true feel for those 2 factors. Until then, this thread is just hot air.

You make a good point, maybe the drug addicted scamming faggot shouldn’t have announced anything until they had something to show. I would be happy to debate the merits of the game or the content they are developing but you know as well as I do there is none.

You Pantheon shills would love to point out how we are wrong because this or that but you also know deep down there is jack and shit here, even after more than 1/2 a decade.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
lol, you actually took the time to read my post history? I really don't care man, go ahead and invest your time into a game you won't even play.

I've responded to your idiotic views on D&D in the DM thread, and recognized your name. If I wanted to view your post history, I'd just have to click one button I'd see all of them listed on a page so small it could fit on one screen. Jump in and join the conversation instead of run-by "yer stupid!" posts.

And you're right about spending my time on a game I'll never play, because it will never release

proxy.duckduckgo.com.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You make a good point, maybe the drug addicted scamming faggot shouldn’t have announced anything until they had something to show. I would be happy to debate the merits of the game or the content they are developing but you know as well as I do there is none.

You Pantheon shills would love to point out how we are wrong because this or that but you also know deep down there is jack and shit here, even after more than 1/2 a decade.

I don't really see any shills here, most people in favor of Pantheon seem pretty reasonable and realistic about it's chances. I do see a lot of extreme hate for Brad though. Almost psychopathic, definitely loony.

Would love to see Pantheon succeed but not for the reasons you state. I don't really care about what you all say here. Occasionally had fun poking your sensitive spots but that was just for the laughs.

My reasons for wanting the game to succeed are because I want ALL games to succeed. More choice is always a good thing.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Brad fucked over the original Pantheon team and took all the kickstarter money didn't he?

I mean he's made some really fucking bad decisions regarding this game and most of them are documented here.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I don't really see any shills here, most people in favor of Pantheon seem pretty reasonable and realistic about it's chances. I do see a lot of extreme hate for Brad though. Almost psychopathic, definitely loony.

Would love to see Pantheon succeed but not for the reasons you state. I don't really care about what you all say here. Occasionally had fun poking your sensitive spots but that was just for the laughs.

My reasons for wanting the game to succeed are because I want ALL games to succeed. More choice is always a good thing.

I don't agree with the shill stuff really outside of LARP'ing, but I do think that a lot of the defenders of this are doing so from a place of naivety, and fail completely at providing any logical reason that they think it will release, let alone be good. There's plenty of evidence to suggest that it won't though.

And as has been mentioned many times, we all want this to succeed. We hate it because we care. And as fans of a dying genre: it's all we got man!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Brad fucked over the original Pantheon team and took all the kickstarter money didn't he?

I mean he's made some really fucking bad decisions regarding this game and most of them are documented here.

I mean he asked for money from the good will of the community then used it to pay his personal bills and fucked over the rest of his team by giving them nothing so many quit and he was down to some cray cray Christian bitch making fuzzy trolls. I mean he has only lied and fucked over everyone around him time after time, but this time will be different.

So many of these dipshits like Grimm sound like battered wives in denial. I know he keeps beating the shit out of me but he loves me and promised this time it would be different. They are so deep in their denial that these stupid cunts lash out at the voices of reason trying to tell them not to go back.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So many of these dipshits like Grimm sound like battered wives in denial. I know he keeps beating the shit out of me but he loves me and promised this time it would be different. They are so deep in their denial that these stupid cunts lash out at the voices of reason trying to tell them not to go back.

Yeah. Really not sure where you are coming from with this. It just has no connection with reality or anything I've said. I wasn't targeting you specifically, but you are one of the most prolific posters in this thread so you are a useful foil for the general point being made.

Anyways (to everyone) keep up wih the falling gifs. So far they are best part of this thread. We have a long ways to go before anything substantial to talk about is released.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist

Are you responding to the wrong post? I didn't say anything about style, or that this game is going to fail because it's hardcore. Hardcore is it's only hook, the rest of the tacklebox went overboard.

It's going to fail because the project has no focus or rudder. It's like Daikatana, whole bunch of promises and hype.

It sucks too, because it doesn't have to fail. This could easily be a niche game that I could replace my occasional EQ outlet. I don't need amazeballs graphics, I want combat animations that don't make me feel I'm an 85 year old swinging a broom, I want a respectable sized world, i want items to chase, i want quests that take time and give you that rush when you finally complete them and get the reward, and yeah I want at least somewhat regular content updates that any successful MMO needs to stay interesting.

Everything I want doesn't exist in Pantheon yet, it's still smoke and mirrors. I mean is there anything complete at all besides advertising a couple years ago on a bus shelter?

Sevens

Log Wizard
I mean he asked for money from the good will of the community then used it to pay his personal bills and fucked over the rest of his team by giving them nothing so many quit and he was down to some cray cray Christian bitch making fuzzy trolls. I mean he has only lied and fucked over everyone around him time after time, but this time will be different.

If Brad was still in charge of the game I would pretty much agree, but hes not anymore
Team | Visionary Realms
Im not a business savvy person but the team they have seems pretty legit. Besides, I dont care if McQuaid pimped his momma out of his basement, if he can give me a good old school MMO then I will be happy. I guess Im just an optimist

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
So honest reality based on talking to game execs who I do business with.

If we don’t see an alpha in the next two years I’ll be disappointed. If the game isn’t out in the next 5 it’s not going to happen.

This thing still has a really long road prior to knowing anything. I’m going to go play some real games until things move along a bit more instead of idly speculating and arguing.

That said I really hope the game launches in time for me to still be interested.

• 1Like

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, I think if the game even has the possibility of being worth a shit, we'll find out when they reveal Project Faer'Thel (or whatever).

For now, I'm still in the middle. Being able to see one zone "complete" with all systems in place will tell me all I want to know.

But what I find most fascinating about this whole thread, is how different people define success. For me, if it:

1) Releases
2) I'm able to run around in it
3) They break even financially
4) Manage to keep the lights on for a minimum of 5 years

I'd consider that 'success'. I don't really give a shit if it's just a few whales playing it. I don't care if the whole gaming industry shits on it. I'm not even considering expansions at this point.

I can play some pretty bad games and be happy.

Last edited: