Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'll never know why this community doesn't want another great MMO

Ah, no wait, I know the answer

ActiBlizztards

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
This board does want another great MMO. Pantheon ain't it. Or it will be in 2037 when it finally releases.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'll never know why this community doesn't want another great MMO

Ah, no wait, I know the answer

ActiBlizztards

They do, but I’m not sure why you would think that would be Pantheon.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Contracts not renewed, funding gone?

No cause of death ever revealed, so suicide seems more likely, especially if they lost funding and the project was going belly up. Couldn’t face another VG parking lot episode? Shitty if so. Permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Hmmm.... I hope that wasn't the case. It should be pretty obvious soon enough if everybody that worked there is looking for a job all of a sudden.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Because it returned to the real mmo model and not McInstance land?

It returned to the real mmo model as much as the 15 years of EQ nostalgia circle-jerking "what a real MMO is" conversations on FoH have. It's all fantasy, and will never happen.

astronaut-oops_600.gif

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
And we both will never be able to play this, which is what the game has always been mocked for. You lack any understanding of what this thread is about if you think we don't want an mmo like this.

Bro, that's patently false. Just because the last Brad based game released almost 13 years ago and one of the developers who spent almost 5 years trying to develop this just left.....doesn't mean Pantheon's alpha isn't primed to release sometime next decade. Slow your expectations, dude! It takes a while to release stuff. I mean CohhCarnage played Halnir's Cave three years ago and we still aren't seeing more than one yearly stream update but your expectations are through the roof! We might live to see this released! Any day now!

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Bro, that's patently false. Just because the last Brad based game released almost 13 years ago and one of the developers who spent almost 5 years trying to develop this just left.....doesn't mean Pantheon's alpha isn't primed to release sometime next decade. Slow your expectations, dude! It takes a while to release stuff. I mean CohhCarnage played Halnir's Cave three years ago and we still aren't seeing more than one yearly stream update but your expectations are through the roof! We might live to see this released! Any day now!
My body is ready.
giphy.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That looks like an actual, sincere message from the posters on the Pantheon forums. It is crazy how deep the delusions run.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
That looks like an actual, sincere message from the posters on the Pantheon forums. It is crazy how deep the delusions run.

In seriousness, I couldn't believe it's been 37 months since the Halnir's Cave video. I remember thinking that if they could pull off 4 more dungeons and a bit of world building that they could have a real game. Maybe 30 -40 zones total and hope for the best. They should have kept expectations low, built something off what they had and released a game. The graphics rebuild, Farthall zone redesign, and all of the other bullshit they've thrown out as deflections for stalled design has hurt more than helped. The game is on life support but no one is willing to admit it's been braindead for over 6-12 months (being generous here).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user