Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Brad finally became one of the fallen. Maybe this was his 4d last effort to get the game to market.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
if everybody that worked there is looking for a job all of a sudden.

Everybody who worked on Panthon has been looking for a real job all along, unless this is their ultimate passion project they're able to work on without pay.

The team is made up of the Fallen of the games industry.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Don't mind us just hating on the one chance that came along, while saying we're not doing that.

The Diablo 3 is better than PoE comments are also particularly amusing, and extremely telling.

• 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Don't mind us just hating on the one chance that came along, while saying we're not doing that.

The Diablo 3 is better than PoE comments are also particularly amusing, and extremely telling.
I would like to see Pantheon finished and released as much as the next guy. I don't however agree that it is some final shining bastion of hope for MMOs either. Between the EMU success for EQ and the way WoW Classic exploded it is pretty obvious that the industry is fucking up. We've known it for ages but there may actually be solid numbers attached to it now.

Dev software in general is getting stronger and more accessible every year. IMO its only a matter of time until MMO's are accessible to small dev teams. Once this happens you're going to see an explosion of creativity in the genre. I personally believe that we're a lot closer to this than people think. So long as creative design is constrained mainly by profit margins we'll continue to see shit products though.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I think I now know who was one of the 'investor's' keeping this game 'alive' the past few years. Nirgon Nirgon , did they take it all? Are you now broke and angry? Go through the 5 steps, bro.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>

LOTR is not the only thing Amazon is working on. Judging by the Alpha last spring and their reaction and willingness to implement changes based on feedback, New World deserves more energy than Pantheon.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Dev software in general is getting stronger and more accessible every year. IMO its only a matter of time until MMO's are accessible to small dev teams. Once this happens you're going to see an explosion of creativity in the genre. I personally believe that we're a lot closer to this than people think. So long as creative design is constrained mainly by profit margins we'll continue to see shit products though.

This is very true and I believe it 100%, especially when you see me spamming up the UE4 thread with tech updates every couple weeks.
A group of college no-lifers could put together a really good looking & playable MMO in a short amount of time.
There are few problems out there that *free* solutions can't solve anymore.

Biggest expenses are time, passion and vision.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Everybody who worked on Panthon has been looking for a real job all along, unless this is their ultimate passion project they're able to work on without pay.

The team is made up of the Fallen of the games industry.

Sillius ruined Vanguard can confirm.

Cant believe people are just now realizing that most of the people pumping this are delusional. These forums are awesome, this has been one of the best threads of all time easily.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never wanted Pantheon to fail, and the loss of Brad is tragic. Seriously, it tears me up... but I also was realistic about this the whole time.

They had me for about 6 months, during the 2016-2017'ish time frame where I was pretty convinced this coming out. Then everything went dark. After 6 months I saw reality for what it was. It is pretty apparent that the train came off the tracks sometime in the last 2 years.

Oct 6, 2019
Wouldn't surprise me if before the end of the year, we hear that the game development is going on hiatus. They release some statements like, "GAMES NOT DEAD, we just need pause and gather ourselves. Maybe with a bit more funding we can pick it again soon. Click here to give us more monies."
Oct 24, 2019
Hey @Roenick, will there be an announcement that the game development is going on hiatus before the end of the year?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
VR have said that they are doing another livestream on the 12th December with Cohh. The stream will take place in Amberfaet which is apparently a place they showed on stream 3 years ago, It's's had some polish and there's some new systems in the game.

The fact that they've streamed the same 2-3 zones over and over for years with minor tweaks just shows that the development stalled some time ago, probably due to funding.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think I now know who was one of the 'investor's' keeping this game 'alive' the past few years. Nirgon Nirgon , did they take it all? Are you now broke and angry? Go through the 5 steps, bro.

Didn't donate more than to get 2 beta keys. Outside of this, it will be nothing but failed wow clones and terrible wow expacs. Enjoy your Kotick slavery.

• 1Picard
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The streams pretty much function just as fundraisers at this point.

giphy.gif

xzi

Mouthbreather
VR have said that they are doing another livestream on the 12th December with Cohh. The stream will take place in Amberfaet which is apparently a place they showed on stream 3 years ago, It's's had some polish and there's some new systems in the game.

The fact that they've streamed the same 2-3 zones over and over for years with minor tweaks just shows that the development stalled some time ago, probably due to funding.

Arting is going to come last, they can probably show you plenty of zones but they're all going to be greyboxed and then a bunch of retards will be like "LMAO LOOK AT HOW SHIT THIS LOOKS"

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Arting is going to come last, they can probably show you plenty of zones but they're all going to be greyboxed and then a bunch of retards will be like "LMAO LOOK AT HOW SHIT THIS LOOKS"

I know that was their plan to get fartfail up and running with some core mechanics then do the artwork and zone designs later. What they have showns not really been inspiring given the timeframe.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Didn't donate more than to get 2 beta keys. Outside of this, it will be nothing but failed wow clones and terrible wow expacs. Enjoy your Kotick slavery.

This is like a bad political argument. Either vote for my worthless corrupt theiving ass who won't deliver any promises I've made, or you get my moloch worshipping opponent.

No thanks. I'll skip both.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is like a bad political argument. Either vote for my worthless corrupt theiving ass who won't deliver any promises I've made, or you get my moloch worshipping opponent.

No thanks. I'll skip both.

yerm IRL

giphy.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users