Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Sounds like Ashes of Creation will shit in this games mouth. Then again this game is never going to be released so whatever.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even if Pantheon was a game that was going to release - it wouldnt really compare to AoCreation. The two have an entirely different focus. I feel like if Pantheon does release, it will have a very sterile type of game play. From the combat that Ive seen in Pantheon, the world just seems wax-like. As if it's not really a living breathing world, but more of a picture show. Versus Ashes of Creation, where everything looks alive. Events are happening, buildings are springing up or going down etc. At its base level though? AoCreation has a PVX focus, where Pantheon is PVE.

I'll try both if/when they launch - and I can only hope that one of these new upcoming MMO's will keep me entertained in between the other leading mmo's droughts.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
ezgif-1-cef065ee464a.gif

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Yeah, it's pretty sad to know that his wife passed soon after and that he was dealing with something like that at the time of his death.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
My guess is Brad just couldn't take it anymore so he took his own life. Without his support, his wife soon lost the battle again cancer. That's just my wild guess.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I mean, if true, that's kind of shitty to his wife (and daughter). Of course, that's all just speculation and it's hard to correctly guess how would one react in some of these circumstances.

• 1Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Remember Brad was also related to drug. Had he been depressed this whole time? If you link all these pieces together, It does make sense.

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Or...maybe his wife was losing her battle and he figured his life insurance policy might be the only way to potentially get her better care. Or maybe it was all just a bad accident. Regardless, terrible situation, wish he was still leading up the charge on Pantheon.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait is there confirmation now that he took his own life? I thought we didn’t know cause of death.
Either way, regardless of what a jackoff he seemed to be sometimes , it sucks to be relatively young and have a spouse dying of cancer , or any age really.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
What about pantheon excites you more than other games in development, like Ashes of Creation?

I don't know much about Ashes of Creation so I cannot say.

What Pantheon provides that other games does not is the group-focused content. The grouping is role-based, you need your tank, healer, CC, DPS..etc. You need to CC adds or pull single or you're in trouble. When one extra monster is added everyone is on their toes. I've played this in EQ and I miss it so much in other games, I'm not a fan of extremely safe play style. I also miss the type of combat where NPCs are really strong and they take a while to be taken down. I've had enough of the gameplay where you jump into a group of 10 monsters and send them to oblivion with one single hit.

Also, VR stated that there won't be "hub-to-hub" questing which distracts people from grouping. I want to log in the game, invite my friends in a group and go hunting... again, just like EQ. To me, this is way more fun than reading or listening to a "story". I just played ESO and I simply just skip through voice acted content. It's boring having to go from Point A to B to C for infinity non-stop... alone! where's the fun in this?

Allow me to summarize these points so it's easy to read.
  1. Group Focused PvE gameplay
  2. Slow-paced combat
  3. Resources matter; you don't have infinite resources. Your healer goes OOM? you're in trouble.
  4. Roles; Tank, Healer, DPS, CC, Puller, Debuffer..etc.
  5. Slow leveling where you don't need to hit max level to start having fun. Just like EQ, you can group and seek out loot even at early levels; the gear will matter because you will not out-level it in 2 hours.
  6. Itemization; in the tenants of Pantheon's development philosophy on Itemization will be as I want it to be. This is hard to explain in one sentence but it's a big plus for me.
  7. Open world and very minimal instances. I'm tired of summoning my own McDungeon; again another thing that defies the point of an MMORPG.
  8. Non-linear dungeons. For WoW players, BRD is a good example of a non-linear dungeon while almost every other dungeon in WoW is just one straight line to the "boss", that will not be the case for Pantheon. Again, just like EQ.

These are just some of the things that Pantheon provide which I didn't see (all of them combined) in one MMORPG. This is just from the tip of my head I'm sure there are more.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't know much about Ashes of Creation so I cannot say.

What Pantheon provides that other games does not is the group-focused content. The grouping is role-based, you need your tank, healer, CC, DPS..etc. You need to CC adds or pull single or you're in trouble. When one extra monster is added everyone is on their toes. I've played this in EQ and I miss it so much in other games, I'm not a fan of extremely safe play style. I also miss the type of combat where NPCs are really strong and they take a while to be taken down. I've had enough of the gameplay where you jump into a group of 10 monsters and send them to oblivion with one single hit.

Also, VR stated that there won't be "hub-to-hub" questing which distracts people from grouping. I want to log in the game, invite my friends in a group and go hunting... again, just like EQ. To me, this is way more fun than reading or listening to a "story". I just played ESO and I simply just skip through voice acted content. It's boring having to go from Point A to B to C for infinity non-stop... alone! where's the fun in this?

Allow me to summarize these points so it's easy to read.
  1. Group Focused PvE gameplay
  2. Slow-paced combat
  3. Resources matter; you don't have infinite resources. Your healer goes OOM? you're in trouble.
  4. Roles; Tank, Healer, DPS, CC, Puller, Debuffer..etc.
  5. Slow leveling where you don't need to hit max level to start having fun. Just like EQ, you can group and seek out loot even at early levels; the gear will matter because you will not out-level it in 2 hours.
  6. Itemization; in the tenants of Pantheon's development philosophy on Itemization will be as I want it to be. This is hard to explain in one sentence but it's a big plus for me.
  7. Open world and very minimal instances. I'm tired of summoning my own McDungeon; again another thing that defies the point of an MMORPG.
  8. Non-linear dungeons. For WoW players, BRD is a good example of a non-linear dungeon while almost every other dungeon in WoW is just one straight line to the "boss", that will not be the case for Pantheon. Again, just like EQ.

These are just some of the things that Pantheon provide which I didn't see (all of them combined) in one MMORPG. This is just from the tip of my head I'm sure there are more.

Pantheon does not "provide" these things. It merely promises them. It's easy to be amazing when you exist only in the imagination. I'd actually go with initial pre beta Aion for best mmo... just ignore the actual reality of it when it got made and released. I mean shit guys, anyone wanna roll some heroic eq characters and head to buried sea for some SHIP TO SHIP MOTHERFUCKING COMBAT?!? I mean it was in the patch notes and everything!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yes, we get it. In THEORY this will be one of the greatest MMO's ever made. The problem is that it remains in a perpetual state of hypothetical existence.

The so many streams of combat show cased is more than enough for me. There are no theories about the game design concept of Pantheon for me to like; I've seen the game-play and THAT is exactly what I like. I'm sold. Now, whether the game is going to be released or not is another story.