Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
force first person camera with a wide perspective and get rid of the hotbar or this is just another shit hole 2020 MMO...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Yeah those two UI details are clearly what's keeping this generic abomination from standing out among the crowd.

TFq.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Streaming concept art and unchanged gameplay and graphics. They’re really sticking it with this.

• 1Fal'len
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
If devs dropped everything they were doing right now and next month rolled out character creation customization that allowed you to create/customize your character's genitalia to the granularity of cyberpunk 2077, I'm talking pierced dongs, vajeens, diamond engraved shafts, custom length and girth, etc...

Would all of you start believing that this game may still have a chance?

🤔🤔

• 1Worf

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
So I'm feeling good about my purchase of Apple and Microsoft to start P2:RoTT. Initially I thought this would be a solid buy but now that Im looking at the current fuzzy troll situation, things will need to be changed. I need more fuzz for this to work.

Its all part of the grand plan of a very decent, grindy, fresh mmo experience. And trust me... it will take us at least 3 decades to balance necros.

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Convo Convo If your looking for a new job, I can pay in old toenail clippings and Charleston Chew Minis.

I have a budget of just shy of 18 trillion but I need some forum mods and dudes that just delete petitions all day. Forums mods will get $120k a year full matching 401k and full medical, $1,500 amex per month and 10k holiday bonus.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Semi off subject, but it seems this one man studio managed to get noticed and is offering free test on steam

The kickstarter is the most basic I have ever seen...he's asking for 100k and will probably get it.

This thing will probably launch before Pantheon.

Let's talk about what "Massive" in MMORPG means first, though.

1607124664635.png

If this is any good, why is nobody playing?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hieromonk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Semi off subject, but it seems this one man studio managed to get noticed and is offering free test on steam

The kickstarter is the most basic I have ever seen...he's asking for 100k and will probably get it.

This thing will probably launch before Pantheon.
For $1500 you are a associate producer
That way I can make them just copy all the lore / dungeon design / mobs from Everquest ?

that’s all the reason we are here right ?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
What if I did even better, 5D chess, buy it and continue development on it indefinitely but set it up for failure so this thread can live for all eternity.. 🤔
Yes.

Keep a small skeleton crew doing monthly updates forever.

Can you imagine. "This month we unveil the ogres' two handed attack animations" -> 5+ pages of mad.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Wonder what Visionary Realms make of the daybreak numbers that were released to the public. Those numbers are more than I expected for the age of the game but do they honestly think this is going to get anything more than 10k-20k subs? That's probably not enough to keep the infrastructure and ongoing development running. After seeing the numbers myself I just thought "Well Pantheons even deader than it already was".

It shows just how niche games like this are in this day and age where it's all mobile and instant gratification.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wonder what Visionary Realms make of the daybreak numbers that were released to the public. Those numbers are more than I expected for the age of the game but do they honestly think this is going to get anything more than 10k-20k subs? That's probably not enough to keep the infrastructure and ongoing development running. After seeing the numbers myself I just thought "Well Pantheons even deader than it already was".

It shows just how niche games like this are in this day and age where it's all mobile and instant gratification.
You also have to consider that EQ is 20 years old. Not really anyone looking to pick it up. They rely soley on an old fanbase. Pantheon will be "the new shiny" for at least a month or two and will have a larger initial rush.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On a general basis, Ive looked at what AAA studios have been able to produce and expect that an indie studio can do/afford similar in quality within 5-10 years. Am I off in that outlook? (That doesnt include Pantheon in my mind, however, simply because misuse of funds, or lack thereof has never made anything to begin with.)

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
On a general basis, Ive looked at what AAA studios have been able to produce and expect that an indie studio can do/afford similar in quality within 5-10 years. Am I off in that outlook? (That doesnt include Pantheon in my mind, however, simply because misuse of funds, or lack thereof has never made anything to begin with.)
Define "indie studio".

Because there is a difference between a 8-man, kickstartered band of nerds trying to make a game, and some of those small studios that have 40 people working with serious funding. Both are indie devs, but the qualitative difference will be day and night.

Can the latter make a nearly AAA game? Probably. That's what you have with Crowfall. Can the former do the same? Not without massive improvements in AI-generated content (content, notably interesting content, is what makes all those games stumble).

• 1Like