Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
It was straightforward to stalk someone in the early EQ. Ever reminds the transfer and name change board. Then there was EQ IM. Finally, Magelo. All the raiding guilds required you to have a Magelo profile. A person could copy, paste, and save your link to a document as you update your profile. They could see the changes in real-time. Most people dont care but this individual had it bad for me. I had no idea what a bullet in a window still meant someone had to show and tell me what it meant.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
get

• 5Worf
  • 2Double Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It was straightforward to stalk someone in the early EQ. Ever reminds the transfer and name change board. Then there was EQ IM. Finally, Magelo. All the raiding guilds required you to have a Magelo profile. A person could copy, paste, and save your link to a document as you update your profile. They could see the changes in real-time. Most people dont care but this individual had it bad for me. I had no idea what a bullet in a window still meant someone had to show and tell me what it meant.

Did you ever pay for services rendered by a lady named Megan from Ohio?

• 11Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 11 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Podcast update. Not finished yet. I still have to add firework text effects,

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I should care about this individual getting professional help but it's too damn entertaining.

fail_pics_19.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Hey Mr. Sox Mr. Sox why'd you ignore my question about KC?

I'm from KC, and I have a pretty impressive social media footprint that I keep separate from these forums. You weren't talking about me, were you?

Maybe we could talk about BBQ. What's your opinion on Gates vs Arthur Bryants?

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey Mr. Sox Mr. Sox why'd you ignore my question about KC?

I'm from KC, and I have a pretty impressive social media footprint that I keep separate from these forums. You weren't talking about me, were you?

Maybe we could talk about BBQ. What's your opinion on Gates vs Arthur Bryants?

Is that awesome real ale pub still in KC? Flying Saucer or whatnot?

• 1Like

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
The flying saucer is a franchise in about four cities. We had one in Raleigh. I have never been to the one in Kansas City. KC is hosting the NFL Draft next year and the World Cup in 2026.

I grew up in NC barbeque country. I am not a sauce man. Now Stubby in Hot Springs, Arkansas, where Bill Clinton eats, is the best Barbeque. My KC choice is Oklahoma Joe's.

My mother was his campaign coordinator in NC back in 1992. They went to high school together. If you want to meet me in the P&L district one day, I will buy you lunch. I am a super nice guy and not weird as people think.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If you want to meet me in the P&L district one day, I will buy you lunch. I am a super nice guy and not weird as people think.

I am sure everyone here is jumping at the chance.

lol.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Free Lunch with a KC Rockstar. Why not? I just recently went to Planet Comic-Con. I want to see some videos of me rubbing elbows with celebrities.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Podcast update. Not finished yet. I still have to add firework text effects,

So the opposite of the advice I gave you?

I don't really talk about this as I can't prove it since it would identify me, but I was actually paid to make YouTube videos a few years ago and my biggest hit has 1.5 Million views - it's a revision video for High School Math. I do know a bit about this.

So... lets try some more detailed feedback... who wants to see 2.5 minutes of random game box art in the backrooms with musak? I'm clicking off this video and watching something else.

Look at chat show intros, this is one the YouTube algorithm keeps making me watch on US Politics even though I'm in England and I DO watch it when it appears:

5 second intro
10 second pan over host+guests
1 minute preview of guests
5 minute opening monolouge
10 minute back and forth with guests
148,000 views in 9 hours as of posting this, all his shows are in this structure.

So have a super short intro video/music no more than 15 seconds, quickly preview the guests for 1 minute, then start a news segment about the topic to be discussed that's no more than 5 minutes of the facts for people not in the know. Then talk to the guests, with your job being to keep them succinct and on topic so that the podcast isn't hours long without good reason.

Later you clip the best bits so one filming does double work as a full podcast and also bite sized YouTube videos.

Call it "Dead Game Society". Am I going to have to do this myself lol?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Giving this guy tips is like saving college money for your downs child.
Luckily I find this kind of thing interesting so I'm fine writing this stuff down for the sake of it as it helps me clarify my own thoughts.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Chris, I appreciated the feedback. It has been a learning experience for me. I am taking a different approach here. What makes people like a podcast? They get to talk about what they like or disagree with something else. It's entertainment either way. One of the critical points of the podcast is to let people come on and chat with the crew when they don't have anything to talk about on the show. Video game companies don't like calling their game as dead. You can't get prize support, or they will try to DCMA you if they don't want your content. With Fox News, you get a certain biased every show. I am not fox news. It's an open discussion on the podcast as long as it is respectful.

I agree with the intro being a little long, but I want to showcase a large gambit of games to talk about on the show. I still got to text graphics with fireworks to the video.

Always remember content is the king.

Last edited:
  • 1Like