Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

PhoneticHalo_sl

shitlord
It makes so much sense to have the dungeons react when certain conditions are met. The one you referenced above and also when the dungeon becomes barren with activity. Allow it grow from within and level to a high group zone or raid. No reason to waste all that time spent designing them to leave them behind.
I wonder how hard that is to do? Would be even better if NPC's would fight each other and level up. would make the whole online levelling guide worthless. But maybe this is asking too much of this project.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I don't think anyone, especially Brad, can make a game to appease the people who aren't happy unless everyone is in the 99 percentile of their class potential at all time and can't even spare 3 minutes so the cleric can go take a shit.
Everyone became Sam da "Highest Burst DPS" Man. How sad is that?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I guess I just don't ever remember having to praise a wizard for their awesomeness, then.

So, it's settled. Wizards and druids were both shit classes. Anyone else want to make their claims? Rangers? Warriors? Wait, Clerics were popular, but boring. Rogues, definitely. I don't know how many tanks then and now would complain that they and they alone were the only shitty tanking class.

So, basically everyone but Kunark-era monks sucked in EQ. And Bards, just because most people didn't even understand wtf they did or how they did it.

I'm starting to feel that the problem with EQ wasn't the classes or design, but that we were a bunch of whiny cunts.

Wait, edit, I remember being told I couldn't go on raids with my BST because the class was shit, and then being accused of cheating when I wasn't doing shit dps.

And boohooo my shaman sucks nobody ever wants me for anything but slow boo hoo.
Shaman sucks? Warrior was undesired?

There is so much bad knowledge of EQ in this post and in your previous ones that it's pretty fucking clear you knew nothing about the game besides press auto attack and chat.

Stop talking about a game you clearly know nothing about.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
When I chose druid I had zero fucking idea of any ramifications, it just sounded like a cool class.
It's 2014. The people who are going to play Pantheon are going to have a pretty good idea of the ramifications of choosing their class. Don't get wrapped up on 1999.

The exception to this are complete newbs but who cares about them amiright? 80% of them are going to quit as soon as they figure out they aren't going to get loot handed to them on a silver platter with a cherry centered white chocolate truffle on top.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Wtf does low mana Regen for wiz and druid have to do with ability bloat and tanking and ccing. Wiz and druid didn't do anything well except port. That has tick all to do with wanting everyone to do everything well.
He's just fucking tap-dancing all over the place because he has no clue wtf he's trying to say, because he has very little knowledge of critical information in this argument.

Bad troll is bad.

Tulain_sl

shitlord
The 2 most memorable things about EQ for me were the spell graphics and the music. They were just so well done. I hope these are strong in this new game.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Shaman sucks? Warrior was undesired?

There is so much bad knowledge of EQ in this post and in your previous ones that it's pretty fucking clear you knew nothing about the game besides press auto attack and chat.

Stop talking about a game you clearly know nothing about.
Every warrior I knew at some point in their EQ career had a big fucking meltdown about how the class sucked and was getting cheated. Just like every shaman bitched that all anyone wanted from them was slow and the class was shit otherwise. That was pretty much the staple of EVERY EQ class. Thinking you and your class alone was being trod upon was a classic EQ pasttime.

Fast forward to modern game design that tries to appeal these woe-is-me fucktards by having every class be a dps class! LOOK AT YOUR BIG NUMBERS YOU'RE FINALLY SOMEBODY!!! Until you obsess over the parse of the guy next to you and rage-quit because you're not having fun unless that other class with higher dps is nerfed, because they're obviously the reason you didn't get into that one group that one time.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder how hard that is to do? Would be even better if NPC's would fight each other and level up. would make the whole online levelling guide worthless. But maybe this is asking too much of this project.
Maybe but If I was to get the most out of my content I would try. That allows 1 dungeon to be normal, hardcore group and possibly raid all in how the players interact with it.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
It's 2014. The people who are going to play Pantheon are going to have a pretty good idea of the ramifications of choosing their class. Don't get wrapped up on 1999.
Remember that one time that one guy you knew either quit or re-rolled his moderately high level character because he didn't have the perfect stat allocation at character creation?

I miss that.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Zelda's progression system was accumulation of items and hearts. Zelda didn't have levels.
WTF does a single player console game have to do with a large MMO? Pretty much nothing.

I'm harping on you because you are not the only person out there who thinks levels are a bad idea - the EQN Senior Staff agrees with you and it's just completely mental.

Not only do levels help with the things previously mentioned but they also have the really really nice feature of making expansion progression much easier to develop.

That was the worst part of the EQN presentation at SOE Live when Butler was trying to explain how expansions would work by comparing it to MTG expansions. MTG expansions work because - as we know - they eliminate entire sets every three years or so and the new sets contain 40-50% of previously issued cards and another 20% of very, very similar cards. In MMO terms that's a gear reset.

I'd love to see Butler's face when he figures out that the only way to get people to grind for gear for Tier 7 say, is by making the Tier 7 ridiculously OP. That is to say a gear reset, no different than Blizzard moving from level 60 to level 70 or 90 or wtf. So at the end of the day, there was no freaking reason for EQN/Butler to use tiers instead of levels except for them it sounded "cooler" I guess.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Draegan won't admit it but he's moved a bit in his position in regard to neckbeard philsopspy. He's just trying to think outside the box and advance the genre.. It's funny he said Tad has no imagination tho: I used to accuse him of the same thing: lol.. Draegan that is..

Just think it's unfair that people want to make this long awaited messiah of a game more like the last 10 years. We've been hoping and praying for so long. So ill graciously say gtfo with all these modern convenience ideas.

I won't speak for anyone else, but I'm sick and tired of sprinting through dungeons at breakneck speed. I just won't do it again. Its one thing to do say, LDON. But when dungeon sprinting became all the thing is when I became totally disinterested.
I totally agree. I can not and will not play anymore MMORPGs that believe dungeons are supposed to be instance runs. Dungeons are supposed to be something memorable. They should illicit fear, anxiety and excitement when you and your friends manage to make it out alive. They should not be treadmill-driven theme park rides.

I loved the old original EQ dungeons. They were awesome!

I can't name a single dungeon in WoW or EQ2 that I liked enough to remember, but I can tell you explicit details about the old EQ dungeons.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
tad, we have breaking news from fukushima

come join us in the Tuna thread

p.s. make this game like Ultima Online

Quaid

Trump's Staff
WTF does a single player console game have to do with a large MMO? Pretty much nothing.

I'm harping on you because you are not the only person out there who thinks levels are a bad idea - the EQN Senior Staff agrees with you and it's just completely mental.

Not only do levels help with the things previously mentioned but they also have the really really nice feature of making expansion progression much easier to develop.

That was the worst part of the EQN presentation at SOE Live when Butler was trying to explain how expansions would work by comparing it to MTG expansions. MTG expansions work because - as we know - they eliminate entire sets every three years or so and the new sets contain 40-50% of previously issued cards and another 20% of very, very similar cards. In MMO terms that's a gear reset.

I'd love to see Butler's face when he figures out that the only way to get people to grind for gear for Tier 7 say, is by making the Tier 7 ridiculously OP. That is to say a gear reset, no different than Blizzard moving from level 60 to level 70 or 90 or wtf. So at the end of the day, there was no freaking reason for EQN/Butler to use tiers instead of levels except for them it sounded "cooler" I guess.
Out of curiosity, which MMO have you played to end game with no levels?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Brad,

What are your thoughts on Ever Jane? Clearly it pays homage to the greatest MMO ever created, so I just wanted to know what your take on it was and if you were flattered?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Brad,

What are your thoughts on Ever Jane? Clearly it pays homage to the greatest MMO ever created, so I just wanted to know what your take on it was and if you were flattered?
Wait... I bet flattery is actually a skill in that game

I can't name a single dungeon inWoWor EQ2 that I liked enough to remember, but I can tell you explicit details about the old EQ dungeons.
That's easy... my favorite WoW dungeon was from the time they were still trying to copy EQ.
biggrin.png

rrr_img_55870.jpg

I'd love to know how many people advocating zero instance use have a level 60 toon on p99.

I'm betting 0%.
I don't have to. I had a level 50 in original EQ when 50 was the max level. 60 when it was the max level. 75 etc.
I already proved myself. I don't have to prove myself to you on some stupid emu server.

I find it amazing that after all of these shit ass fucking piece of fucktard MMOs over the past decade, we have the opportunity for someone like Brad to finally bring MMORPGs back where they belong, and we have some jack ass like you here trying to tell people that the fucked up shitty design ideas that fucked the MMO industry are what he should put in them. Please do us a favor and go fuck yourself in an instance of your mom's basement.

I am so sick of watching the same mother fuckers come in to every fucking new MMO and spew shit designs on the forums. Look your instanced dungeons. They didn't work. They didn't work in WoW. They didn't work in EQ2. They didn't work in Neverwinter. They didn't work in Age of Conan. They didn't work in SWTOR. They didn't work in every fucking MMORPG made in the past fucking decade.

God Damn! Seriously. Go fuck yourself.