Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Really like what I read in the Combat Update. Seems like they are taking some of the ideas they are taking EQ as a base, implementing some of the ideas they had in Vanguard and possibly some new ones. I'm mostly excited for the slower pace, honestly. Really looking forward to see if they can execute on these ideas.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No everything was planned out and they knew this shit all along. They planned for 22 classes from the start, can't you see. How dare you question this are you some sort of troll.
They made this current video yesterday after reading KS comments!! it will change next week.. based on KS comments..

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh.. didn't know there were rules.. So what they put up now is absolute, final draft.. got it!
What I meant is EQN has money behind it. They have freedom to do as they choose. That's a whole lot different then when you don't have money behind it (Pantheon) and you're presenting the 'vision' in a certain way. You're backers are backing the project based on what your saying now.

Column_sl

shitlord
EQN and L is the craziest shit ever.

It's basically a kickstarter that already has massive funding from it's own company.
I hope that's not what these companies are going to.

Can you imagine if every game gave tiers of rewards based off how much you funded a year before it's even launched? Can't wait till the reall scummy companies like EA start adopting that shit.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Oh.. didn't know there were rules.. So what they put up now is absolute, final draft.. got it!
You are grasping at fucking straws here aren't you. SOE owns the EQ IP it's in their interest to expand upon it and it's already funded til completion, they aren't asking random people for cash.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What I meant is EQN has money behind it. They have freedom to do as they choose. That's a whole lot different then when you don't have money behind it (Pantheon) and you're presenting the 'vision' in a certain way. You're backers are backing the project based on what your saying now.
I don't fully disagree. I guess my feeling overall as of late, in this thread are people are getting petty.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
You're building the assets for EQN. I hardly see any real difference. And frankly I'd rather give money than time playing with some stupid tool to make something for them to exploit.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
GI Bill paid for it and I wasn't planning on going to school otherwise, and wanted to write and teach English. Shit done changed, but it was a calculated mistake.
wink.png
post 9/11 bill was so awesome. my bha was like 1800 a month when getting my international affairs/middle eastern studies degree. anyway..

video on curse.. nice, but god damn its long

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
EQN and L is the craziest shit ever.

It's basically a kickstarter that already has massive funding from it's own company.
I hope that's not what these companies are going to.

Can you imagine if every game gave tiers of rewards based off how much you funded a year before it's even launched? Can't wait till the reall scummy companies like EA start adopting that shit.
I mentioned that a few days ago and people acted like it was the craziest fucking idea ever. Like there was no way a company would take advantage of poor gamer nerds like that.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
No everything was planned out and they knew this shit all along. They planned for 22 classes from the start, can't you see. How dare you question this are you some sort of troll.
Where are there 22 classes listed? I count 7.

Do you not know the difference between a class and a sub class/specialization? In Wow, is a feral druid a different class than a resto druid?

Do you not play MMORPGs? I don't get what's so difficult to understand here.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't fully disagree. I guess my feeling overall as of late, in this thread are people are getting petty.
I've seen tons of MMO's and I'm sure you have as well where the devs blow smoke up your ass and the reality is it's nothing like what they say. In fact, from the guy that's designing this game should be exhibit A when it comes to that. This stuff is going to get criticized, this is what I meant about trying to appease the EQ crowd. They expect it a certain way and when it's not absolutely perfect, they are going to bitch.

Defiance

<Bronze Donator>
If you think Brad's brain has been on pause and he has put zero thought into this game until the Kickstarter began.... just reply to this so I can stick you in the retard pool.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
One important thing I've gotten from the Curse interview so far is that there will NOT be a an All Race/All Class system.
There needs to be a delicate balance here. Give some freedom to the options, but within an immersive context. Trolls only being able to be a couple of classes was perfect because it made sense.

Blood elf paladins did not.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
One important thing I've gotten from the Curse interview so far is that there will NOT be a an All Race/All Class system.
Also most likely just one starting city, with factional/cultural areas; instead of multiple starting cities. Thinking again to Planescape, I hope they make it like the City of Sigil.