Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
damn! I've been behind on all the new info.. so has the thread leaned back to not going to fund? seems that way..

I don't think it was ever a good idea to take the KS down. Just curious.. they can only put a project up once a year?

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not sure that's a good idea if they actually want backers. If I came to this stream curious about backing this project, my wallet would be welded shut by this point. I really don't get this stream. Its really unprofessional and pointless. I get it they are in the planning stage, but they're just coming off as amateurs running around with their heads cut off.
Lot's of people like sausage, but few people are impressed when they see how it gets made. The idea of transparency in game development is a mistake for lots of reasons.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Sorry for being too bitchy tonight Convo , I'm just looking at the math now. They are five days away from halfway point and would have to be doing 30k a day every one of those 5 days to just barely be at the halfway mark goal wise.

Right now for this to fund it's literally going to have to be the turnaround of all gaming Kickstarters.

While I'd love for that to be the case , I'm also a realist.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sorry for being too bitchy tonight Convo , I'm just looking at the math now. They are five days away from halfway point and would have to be doing 30k a day every one of those 5 days to just barely be at the halfway mark goal wise.

Right now for this to fund it's literally going to have to be the turnaround of all gaming Kickstarters.

While I'd love for that to be the case , I'm also a realist.
Have faith, good friend! Let's see what the Boogie interview nets them. people seem to want to slam the door on this at every turn. They make it easy at times.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Just curious.. they can only put a project up once a year?
No you can pretty much try again right after if you really wanted and even put up the same Kickstarter, it does go through a small review window from Kickstater itself but you aren't required to wait a specific length of time.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I'm a dubious, critical asshole, and I'm still not sure I'm ready to say it won't fund. There wasn't really any real hype or momentum going into the project. It had a cold-start, that was ironically pretty hot with people who would pledge no matter what. From here, I think if they continue building the game there's far more room to convince people on the fence than most projects. And a lot of projects seem to have a wait-and-see approach, but with Pantheon I think it's not just people waiting to see if the project will fund because they're afraid of being on a losing effort and don't understand how pledging really works, but people really waiting to see if they can start producing something interesting. Remains to be seen, but if they keep getting out info and start getting some tangible assets going, the project might still catch an upswing. It'll take real assets, at this point, and some spark that makes it the cool project to back. Right now, that spark seems unlikely, but if such things were so easily predictable we wouldn't be in this predicament and a spark would have been created artificially already.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I think it's going to take something like a home run with Boogie and get folks like him and a few others to take it on themselves to push it heavy to even have a chance.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At this stage, if there was one thing I'd really have to hammer them on, it would be the art. Just not enough. I was really expecting to see concept art of races. That's not to say they won't show up, but when I read a race description, no matter how good... It feels lacking without the visual.

It's also possible that they realize the art is subjective and didn't want to risk turning people off..

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
100% agreed on the art. Specifically screenshot. The two Sunken Sanctum shots , even if turn out to barely represent anything in the final product, garnered more faith from me (and likely others) than anything else they have shown or rambled about. A barrage of simple shots like that would sell it better than most anything I can think of.

(and it's a shame it wasn't the first thing shown and not have the hole to dig out of to begin with)

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Have faith, good friend! Let's see what the Boogie interview nets them. people seem to want to slam the door on this at every turn. They make it easy at times.
I think the Boogie interview could be the turning point. They'll have to play it right. If I were Brad, or the PR guy pulling the strings on puppet-Brad, I'd go in really humble. Basically say it's hard feeling like you're blessed and being yanked right back down to reality, and eventual rock-bottom, and maybe back to some level of humble success based on roots of passion, etc. Boogie has had a hard life and messages of redemption and not giving up will play well.

Fuck the game. Make it about two guys talking about the good old days, transitioning into the worst of days, and talking about the future like it isn't so bad if they just keep following their passions and trying to make dreams happen. Then, of course, talk about the game some, but keep tying it back to community and socializing and a game that you aren't just stats and a class, but can do something meaningful because you might just make some really good friends and have fun killing shit and it might not be the most important thing you do every day, but some days it can feel pretty darn rewarding and important.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I think the Boogie interview could be the turning point. They'll have to play it right. If I were Brad, or the PR guy pulling the strings on puppet-Brad, I'd go in really humble. Basically say it's hard feeling like you're blessed and being yanked right back down to reality, and eventual rock-bottom, and maybe back to some level of humble success based on roots of passion, etc. Boogie has had a hard life and messages of redemption and not giving up will play well.

Fuck the game. Make it about two guys talking about the good old days, transitioning into the worst of days, and talking about the future like it isn't so bad if they just keep following their passions and trying to make dreams happen. Then, of course, talk about the game some, but keep tying it back to community and socializing and a game that you aren't just stats and a class, but can do something meaningful because you might just make some really good friends and have fun killing shit and it might not be the most important thing you do every day, but some days it can feel pretty darn rewarding and important.
Sounds like you want some sort of made for TV Lifetime Special.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Sounds like you want some sort of made for TV Lifetime Special.
I want what will work. The video Boogie posted that was just him being honest talking about his [pretty shitty] life has 3.5 million view.

edit: and yes, some of his Francis/character videos have more, but that's probably not the right angle to play this whole thing.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I just looked over the Camelot Unchained KS graphs , as it seems the closest thing idea wise, basically an old schoolish mmo made by another industry name just with PVP focus instead. The thing that stuck out to me was an average of 72k/day , more so an initial total of over half a million plus the first day and another day over over 350k before the end. So two days out of the whole thing got almost a million alone.

It honestly frustrates me a bit because I see no reason this game doesn't have the same potential , but for the KS stumble.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just looked over the Camelot Unchained KS graphs , as it seems the closest thing idea wise, basically an old schoolish mmo made by another industry name just with PVP focus instead. The thing that stuck out to me was an average of 72k/day , more so an initial total of over half a million plus the first day and another day over over 350k before the end. So two days out of the whole thing got almost a million alone.

It honestly frustrates me a bit because I see no reason this game doesn't have the same potential , but for the KS stumble.
Yeah only if Brad actually started and ran a successful company huh.. Quite Honestly Brad shouldn't be the wheel man behind this little robbery he's an Idea guy you lock up in the room parse his ideas etc but you don't let him anywhere near excuting the plan esp the gettaway man

Flobee

Vyemm Raider

Yea, Camelot unchained was IMO the model of how to do a kickstarter right. Mark was energetic, focused, and honest about his past and this new game. The KS was done professionally and he had a solid plan for reaching out to media outlets beforehand, as well as a solid stream of updates from the beginning of the kickstarter until hell, they are still releasing weekly updates with some meat to them.

Overall the hype level was WAY higher because people actually knew exactly what he was trying to deliver.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
it won't fund, the Camelot Unchained graph is not the only one relevant to this but this project will basically need something unprecedented to get funded at this point. Like Sam Deathwalker forgoing hookers for the next decade to donate 400k.

Actually it's basically been a zombie KS for at least a week now. Has any other "major" Vidya KS like this failed before? I think they are will be trailblazers in that at least.

Kaljin

N00b
What still needs to be fixed about the tiers? Would it hurt at this point to add more 600 slots
They need to add way more lower end tiers because I do not see this project being funded with the available higher end tiers - no-damn-way. Boogie will not be able to push his influence to a rotting KS project that only has higher priced tiers... I mean really his audience isn't exactly deep pockets types.

I would love this game to appear for the sake of all us old school EQ'ers but Brad is so obviously lost.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>

That's really what needs to happen, but it probably won't, and even if it does, I'm having a hard time envisioning this thing getting funded. Hell even this thread has really died down compared to a few days ago.