Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Dahkoht is correct, there isn't anything to twist, this was a smart move from them. Not sure how many new backers it will reach but in the very least it got the attention of people who didn't know about it.
The frustrating thing , well one of the many , is there's no way to tally the numbers of folks who have checked out the KS in earlier form , and walked immediately away after looking at the status of it. If the had started out more like this ,at least slightly more organized , they wouldn't be in money bags land , but I bet a bit closer to 400k and not having to dig out of the hole they made for themselves at launch of the KS.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was tough to watch during the Vanguard portion. Handled it very well. Had not planned to back this at all, but changed my mind after this podcast. Still a long ways to go...

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You need to watch it, not just listen to it. You gotta see his body language when he talks about the end of Vanguard. It was pretty tough, but to repair an image that kind of shit needs to happen.
Yea, good point dude.

Sounds like it went like PSD was hoping.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The frustrating thing , well one of the many , is there's no way to tally the numbers of folks who have checked out the KS in earlier form , and walked immediately away after looking at the status of it. If the had started out more like this ,at least slightly more organized , they wouldn't be in money bags land , but I bet a bit closer to 400k and not having to dig out of the hole they made for themselves at launch of the KS.
Thing is we have harped and harped on how shitty the kickstater was, how they should pull it down, ect., ect., but you know as well as I there is no way for them to go back and see what could of been. Sure it sucks that they lost out on who knows how many backers, and even now I feel there is a lot left to be desired.

The interview was good and can only help them going forward but there is still much let to be desired with the kickstarter and the plan itself.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also thought he handled the VG question well... except he has never elaborated on why the game's code was just a mess. You can't blame that on Microsoft regime changes or the early launch. To this day SoE can't patch the game without a ton of game breaking bugs being introduced.

Lysis

N00b
He took on the Vanguard question like a man and handled it humbly and sincerely.

Also the 6-8 group size has me excited as well.
I think the video was great for the KS and I don't want to criticize it at all. But I disagree here. A man takes ownership and looks you in the eye. Brad handled the question like a wounded animal. It showed he cared, but it was a "all these bad things happened to me" answer. A man recognizes the mistakes he made and the impact on others.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
They've got to find some way to keep momentum and I'll admit I'm not up on all the possible twitter/youtube gaming celebrities in this regards. They can't take a bump from Boogie and the add-ons , them slump back for most of the week into 10 new backers and 4k a day land. The only chance is to keep the push up continually and find some other ways to keep getting it pushed more and more.

Letting someone like Boogie do interviews to me is a far , FAR better method than them doing it themselves.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Assuming the 10k and 3k are real...

He has raised 172k just on the $250 and above tiers.

That's a number to focus on if this project needs to reboot for lower amounts, as I expect alot of us in those tiers would re-pledge.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Dahkoht,

I agree. That interview was the best thing they've done so far. Brad is definitely stepping it up. Hopefully he keeps these interviews going and can find a lot more backers.

Edit- I'm one of those creepy elf loyalists. Always the dark ones though.

bigdogchris_sl

shitlord
This game is drawing a lot of attention for the little amount of funding its receiving. I really think it will come down to the wire on it. Many people are skeptical but man has the word got out. I wouldn't be surprised to see a big round of pledges at the end.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
What I'm afraid of now is yesterday it was AMA and late night add-on tiers , today Boogie interview , and tomorrow..........Rogues will use daggers and be stealthy. Bam, right back down.

Let's hope not.

Lysis

N00b
This game is drawing a lot of attention for the little amount of funding its receiving. I really think it will come down to the wire on it. Many people are skeptical but man has the word got out. I wouldn't be surprised to see a big round of pledges at the end.
The KS needs to average more than $15K per day the rest of the way to be within range of a $240K miracle the final three days. I agree that this KS has miracle potential due to high interest, but it needs to maintain what it's done today to enable that.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This. It's one of the reasons why KS campaigns abuse social media. Because they don't have a product that is readily deliverable and so they can't do a ton of convincing through advertising or even from their KS site. People have to go to the site already pretty pumped and the site needs to be the icing on the cake, with a fantastic format and tons of information that pushes them over the edge. That's why the few people here who know about social media campaigns and KS screaming at him to tear down the site, abandon PC gamer and other typical media outlets that games in final phase development use and make sure he had a social media blitz ready for this launch (Angry Joe, Total Biscuit--those types of douches. I hate them, but they are super effective at this.)

Social media has the advantage of being taken as 'word of mouth" by most consumers. (And there are surveys to prove this). Without a proper ad Campaign, due to lack of product info and lack of time for a campaign to be effective--that word of mouth trust factor is pretty much essential in a KS. That's why so many KS campaigns are heavily based within the KS community itself, because they know they need word of mouth.

The sad thing is though, yeah--we don't know how many thousands of people came, saw and left. And once someone doesn't buy--any marketing guy will tell you, it's VERY hard to get them to look again.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So my comp speakers are fucked. can anyone list a few main points?

Also really need to pick it up backing wise over the next few days. 275k over the first 19 days is awful.