Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Lysis

N00b
OK assuming the kick starter doesn't make it.
What should Brad do?
Its best to tell him now cause he wont ask and come up with some silly pledging system on the website.
Do they wait? or get funding on the website ASAP. should they follow the same pledging system of try something new?
If I was VR, I would begin preparing the KS relaunch now. I would have a low target ($250Kish) with a budgeted plan to complete a proper tech demo. No studio. I would launch as soon after the current KS ends as possible.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dude.. You asked what a fucking backpack was... Chill if he gave you an equally smartass quip in return.
That's cute but not what I asked at all. He took little pieces of the question and choose to answer only part of it. For example:

The first three questions he simply answered by saying they are different than the pledge but ignored the second half of each question asking how are they different?

The backpack question was about the importance of a backpack in this particular game. In EQ it's worthless, you can buy them everywhere for cheap. Is it a bigger bag than normal? Any info would have been great instead I get "It is a container that holds items" and no further information. My exact question "What is the backpack and how important is an item like that? If going by EQ standards a backpack is next to worthless as you can buy them for a gold or two." Perhaps poorly worded by me, but the question was fairly obvious as to what I wanted to know.

Aside from that it was more frustrating that they don't know what they are offering for rewards. I understand that it's early and they don't have exact stats and mechanics but they don't know anything?

An example:

"What's the Unique Tunic?Is this a stat item or cosmetic?If stats, is it meant to be an early game item?
Ring of the fallen? Same question as tunic" (Not yet determined)

"NPC name- Same as with the naming an item.Do the devs choose the NPCand we come up with a name or do we get to make an NPC?" (Name an NPC that will exist in the game)

Dodge for the first 3 questions (He says unique but I asked how are they different) then "Not yet determined" 6 times in remaining 12 questions.

I think it's bad business, and frustrating as a fan, to be offered rewards but have no idea what they actually are. They expect you to put up real money for things that they don't even know what they do yet! Before I even asked the questions publicly, I asked them in PMs on a fan site and the KS PM days before. I didn't hear anything so I asked in KS comments. A full day went by and I said I was getting frustrated by the lack of communication to which Grant responded... What questions?

That pissed me off even more because it shows that hes not reading the PMS or the KS comments. I posted the questions again and he responds with the above.

Obviously the whole Kickstarter has rustled me because I expected more and that's my own dumb fault. I want this game to be good so I have something to play and I think in the beginning I was ignoring some glaring issues, like past performance... I still have hope but I've been pretty jaded by my interactions with the team so far.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
That's cute but not what I asked at all. He took little pieces of the question and choose to answer only part of it. For example:

The first three questions he simply answered by saying they are different than the pledge but ignored the second half of each question asking how are they different?
They have stated multiple times theyAREmaking this shit up on the fly. So when you ask specific questions, they honestly don't know the answers yet. You might as well ask what zone it drops in while your at it. THEY DON'T KNOW. Wouldn't you rather him be vague or lie to you and when it turns out it isn't exactly as stated you would be even angrier. Chill out bro.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
They have stated multiple times theyAREmaking this shit up on the fly. So when you ask specific questions, they honestly don't know the answers yet. You might as well ask what zone it drops in while your at it. THEY DON'T KNOW. Wouldn't you rather him be vague or lie to you and when it turns out it isn't exactly as stated you would be even angrier. Chill out bro.
No I'd prefer they didn't promise things until they knew what it was they were promising. I'm not asking about deep game mechanics here. I'm asking about things that they put out there to the public and are asking money for them.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Bit torn on the self funding through the website bit if the KS fails. I know it's purely psychological as theres no difference in the end , but not sure I'm up for dropping 400-500 directly to them on their own website like I am through the KS funding.

And I know it's stupid too on my part , as there's really zero difference in the end , curious if I'm the only one in that regards ?

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Bit torn on the self funding through the website bit if the KS fails. I know it's purely psychological as theres no difference in the end , but not sure I'm up for dropping 400-500 directly to them on their own website like I am through the KS funding.

And I know it's stupid too on my part , as there's really zero difference in the end , curious if I'm the only one in that regards ?
I want to see something tangible before I donate again. Come back in a year with some serious work behind the project and better understanding of how to sell that idea. I don't want to fund the guys an office, I want to fund a game.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
funding on their website will generate 1500 bucks, because most rational people like Dahkoht and I hold reservationa about a direct paypal payment to a team that can apparently fuck up a cup of coffee.

PhoneticHalo_sl

shitlord
funding on their website will generate 1500 bucks.
How much does amazon take from the KS total? Plus having it on the websites means they get the money the day its donated not having to wait the 30 days or so the KS runs. But also if they are going to do pledges they need to invest in a website that can manage and track that allowing people to increase their pledge. Or they just do it EQ style with everyones names written on a list?

Mick

<Gold Donor>
If your project is successfully funded, Kickstarter will apply a 5% fee to the funds raised, and Amazon will apply credit card processing fees (between 3-5%). If funding isn't successful, there are no fees.

If I have to pay directly on their site, I want to do it as an investor. Give me the option to buy in as a silent partner in their company and I will mail them a check for $1,000 to $2,000 depending on what buy in percent I get.

If I'm just a customer of the game, I won't do anything other than $250 on kickstarter as I already have done.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
How much does amazon take from the KS total? Plus having it on the websites means they get the money the day its donated not having to wait the 30 days or so the KS runs. But also if they are going to do pledges they need to invest in a website that can manage and track that allowing people to increase their pledge. Or they just do it EQ style with everyones names written on a list?
The KS take is 8% of the total. If they put a fucking please gimme money sign on their website it is true they get access to the funds right away but they also have zero accountability on having to follow through with anything at all. While there might not be a huge amount of accountability with Kickstarter they have to prove that they tried in good effort to accomplish any and all promises they make. A paypal link on their site is just fucking charity as they don't have to give jack and shit back and there is little to nothing you can do about it.

If the Kickstarter is a gamble then a donation pledge via the website is throwing cash away.

vazdeline_sl

shitlord
Considering most of the backers have probably already doubled and tripled their pledges, I doubt it. In fact, it looks like the KS has been going backwards today in terms of funding.
Your statement is speculation where mine is actually a plausible idea.

Currently, if the current backers add an additional $170 to their pledges, Pantheon would meet the funding goal. That also does not include the hype created towards the end of the Kickstarter, where additional funding AND backers will inevitably come.

This will get funded.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord

Currently, if the current backers add an additional $170 to their pledges, Pantheon would meet the funding goal. That also does not include the hype created towards the end of the Kickstarter, where additional funding AND backers will inevitably come.

This will get funded.
Every single current backer adding 50 dollars each isn't a plausible idea.

Everyone adding 170 each is a fantasy world.

Really , trying to say that your idea is any more plausible than him saying that many have already upped their pledges as much as they can/will is fucking clueless.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

This will get funded.
You assume every single backer has full confidence in this project and this team

elbas

Molten Core Raider
Are there any metrics which correlate the number of backers to the number of game sales for past KS projects? Can you make anystatisticalprojections on the potential audience size for the game based on the number of backers it gets? That is, has anyone statistically analyzed the trend for KS backed games to determine if the number of backers correlates to the number of players?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are there any metrics which correlate the number of backers to the number of game sales for past KS projects? Can you make anystatisticalprojections on the potential audience size for the game based on the number of backers it gets? That is, has anyone statistically analyzed the trend for KS backed games to determine if the number of backers correlates to the number of players?
Not really.. I mean, you can browse comments on various forums. I'd say for every person that says they would back, there are like 10 who won't for xyz reason.. Most just don't do KS.. Still has been underwhelming tho. I was expecting more like 15-20k. I think the team was too. The beginning of the KS killed them.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You assume every single backer has full confidence in this project and this team
This. I'm in at $45 and it's staying there. At one point there was a chance of me upgrading to the lifetime sub tier. Unfortunately, the numerous bungles during the campaign have greatly diminished my confidence in VRI's ability to deliver a compelling product in a reasonable time frame.

Not to mention, SOE's execution of Landmark has greatly increased my interest in EQnext. As far as I'm concerned, that game is a far safer bet in the long term.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Not really.. I mean, you can browse comments on various forums. I'd say for every person that says they would back, there are like 10 who won't for xyz reason.. Most just don't do KS.. Still has been underwhelming tho. I was expecting more like 15-20k. I think the team was too. The beginning of the KS killed them.
This is what I'm afraid of Convo , is you are battling the KS stigma to begin with , and you are reasonable enough to see the problem , but many on the KS forums seems to think everyone who visited once will visit again once they have even more to show.

I'm afraid even if they come up with actual substance to show , many who have written it off after looking once won't look again even. Some will of course , but we are working with a niche to begin with.

The KS stumbling out the gate hurt them , I'm in it for 500 if the KS funds , but I'll be honest , I'm not sending 500 to them through their own site. Maybe a smaller amount , but even then it will have to be after they have shown functioning gameplay before that happens.