Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
50k subs? lol

if this game is ever made which is optimistic i'm thinking more a tale in the desert niche level, ie 1k-5k subs, all of which are backers who have jboots and horseys and whatever else crap they're hawking now.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
More like small puffs of smoke, like from a cigarette.

rrr_img_61305.jpg

I don't understand, that graphic says 1,077 yet only 1009 members are registered on the site. Don't you have to be a member to even pay anything (we already know not all of the 1009 are paying members).
If they were really smart, they'd just change it to look like this and give all of us something to get rustled about lol
rrr_img_61320.jpg

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
More like small puffs of smoke, like from a cigarette.

rrr_img_61305.jpg

I don't understand, that graphic says 1,077 yet only 1009 members are registered on the site. Don't you have to be a member to even pay anything (we already know not all of the 1009 are paying members).
the fact that this is already over $100,000 is unfathomable. people really are retarded.

Toony

Molten Core Raider
They should have skipped KS and just gone this route to begin with. The numbers will continue to grow and they'll getsomethingmade and released, eventually.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
They should have skipped KS and just gone this route to begin with. The numbers will continue to grow and they'll getsomethingmade and released, eventually.
no, what they really should have done was put together a demo for their kickstarter, and did some actual research on how to create a successful kickstarter. that way, they would have easily hit their goal of $800,000. but that would have made way too much sense.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
The name of the game reminds me every time I see it that it is being made by a failed development group. They didn't get past naming the thing before they lost me.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
The name of the game reminds me every time I see it that it is being made by a failed development group. They didn't get past naming the thing before they lost me.
i agree with you. from the get go, i thought the name was horrible.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The Crystal Tower
"The Spire of Frostfael"
Creator: Arctys

Deep beyond the frozen horizon of northern ice known as the Endless is said to rest a mystical spire called the Crystal Tower. Arctys, the renegade god of frost is said to have used his own icy blood to form this gleaming sanctuary. It is here he is rumored to hide. far from the madness of men, yet steeped in his own insanities that drove him to flee the divine pantheon of the Etryan. High upon the frozen ramparts Arctys sends his minions in flight to seek relics that might help him escape the world of Terminus. Tales tell of mages and explorers that sought his knowledge and power, bestowing him gifts of arcane grandeur, but only to become members of his icy menagerie.

Interview too..Pantheon Interview-Old school MMORPG by Brad McQuaid Worlds Factory

Grundge_sl

shitlord

The Crystal Tower
?The Spire of Frostfael?
Creator: Arctys
Aw man, this is so embarrassing, we really have egg on our faces now. $128,000 later and BradCo shows us what they are trully capable of. Wow, cant believe I thought this would fail.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
While that concept art looks awesome... They should probably release art that their graphics engine is actually capable of producing. I've never seen anything in Unity that looks that good.

But ya, I love the description of that zone.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I took about an hour tonight to try and get some information for you guys. I was in the chat and asking the purples and getting no where when two devs logged in.

I learned something about myself tonight. I would make a terrible reporter! I would go ape shit if someone kept dodging my question.

It took patience and asking the same question three times but I did get some information.

First: It's been four days since the kickstarter ended. What have the devs been doing in this time? Well some of it was spent on getting this big face to face meeting set up. Most of them live in San Diego but not all and there was travel involved. The meeting concluded and everyone is back home now. Information from the meeting is going to be trickled out it seems. Again with the trickling of information, but oh well...

Second: There seems to be a role definition now. PR is doing their job and handling the releases and the devs are stepping away from that and focusing on content. To me this is a very good sign. Here it a quote from my conversation with Vhalen.

"Vhalen
It was an important meeting, but we meet on a weekly basis. It is just not always everyone

Vhalen
And we are always in contact.

Frenzic
Thank you for answering
smile.png

Frenzic
Someone said earlier in chat that news of the meeting would begin on Friday. Is that confirmed?

Vhalen
Ok, all. I need to rest a bit. This map is slow going

Frenzic
Thanks again Vhalen. Sleep well.

Vhalen
I might be back on later

Vhalen
I don't handle that. I am creative. PR knows when then flows."

Then there was a user that popped up and told of what Salim mentioned earlier.

"Rastin
Earlier today Salim was in chat, he said the meeting went "alright"

Rastin
it was all strictly business, so as far as all that goes he said it went ok, just like any business meeting would I guess.

Frenzic
Did he mention any details about when it would be released?

Frenzic
Someone here said Friday but not confirmed

Rastin
But hopefully we'll get some more information on some things that were discussed soon. I have a feeling it won't be anything groundbreaking or exciting though. We'll have to wait a little longer for stuff like that.

Frenzic
Any information or proof of dev's doing work is a good thing and I can relay that to my cult

Rastin
Yeah, all I heard was they would be releasing info throughout the week so idk.

Rastin
haha"

In closing: I still don't like the trickling of information. I wish there was more direct dev involvement with the community because the purple names don't seem to know shit. Even 5 mins a day from each dev would be plenty. That's two responses to post a piece. No one likes lack of information, it makes it seem like they aren't doing work and that's not the way to get people to give you money. I'll continue to ask questions and try to get more out of them
smile.png

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
In closing: I still don't like the trickling of information. I wish there was more direct dev involvement with the community because the purple names don't seem to know shit. Even 5 mins a day from each dev would be plenty. That's two responses to post a piece. No one likes lack of information, it makes it seem like they aren't doing work and that's not the way to get people to give you money. I'll continue to ask questions and try to get more out of them
smile.png
Aren't the purple names simply the forum moderators? At Pjpantheon.com Kyndread said he was a forum moderator and it seems he is one of the purple names. I don't see them being anymore involved with the game other than moderating the forums and likely wouldn't be privy to any information that other players wouldn't also know about.

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
I wish there was more direct dev involvement with the community because the purple names don't seem to know shit.
Aren't the purple names simply the forum moderators? At Pjpantheon.com Kyndread said he was a forum moderator and it seems he is one of the purple names. I don't see them being anymore involved with the game other than moderating the forums and likely wouldn't be privy to any information that other players wouldn't also know about.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Second: There seems to be a role definition now. PR is doing their job and handling the releases and the devs are stepping away from that and focusing on content. To me this is a very good sign. Here it a quote from my conversation with Vhalen.
Did they get a single thing accomplished pre-kickstarter? How the fuck are you now supposedly 6+ months into some sort of quasi-development cycle and you're just now getting around to defining basic rolls for people.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not sure. Whatever they are, the guy I talked to said he knows things about the meeting but can't tell anyone. Some of them seem to have better direct communication with the Dev team than any of us regular folks.

Did they get a single thing accomplished pre-kickstarter? How the fuck are you now supposedly 6+ months into some sort of quasi-development cycle and you're just now getting around to defining basic rolls for people.
I don't think anyone should be making excuses for the past. All I can do is hope the future is better. This is a positive step forward in my eyes.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I don't think anyone should be making excuses for the past. All I can do is hope the future is better. This is a positive step forward in my eyes.
That's bullshit. I've seen better organization from class projects in Community College CS courses than has come from these highly experienced veterans of the industry. This is the kind of abject disorganization I would expect from a group of rank amateur reefer addicts who decided they would try to make a video game one day for the hell of it. It's embarrassing on all levels not only to them but also to their fans who continue to try to support this project despite every conceivable effort from the "development team" to fuck it up.