Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Whats the difference really? One claims theres a fully functional dungeon/endboss/class available to explore at launch at the next one promises a fully functional demo/alpha/earlyaccess/bullshit promo ready to show off when entering kickstarter timeframe.
In the end its all lies by a rotten to the core industy where nothing is to be taken as real unless you (or someone you know) had a hands on expirience.
FFS they should just rename the entire genre to Wonderbra Online.
I'd love to see where SOE claimed a fully functioning boss, dungeon, etc when they aren't doing that in Landmark. They may have promised a lot, but a lot of people have been playing the alpha for a while. There's a LOT more there than what Brad has shown. Hell, Landmark functions better than Vanguard did at release and for a while after that. The industry does suck right now but a lot of people are liking ESO and there's plenty of promise for the future.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I think Minecraft Hardcore is the most hardcore game out there. You die? Entire map deleted.

Edit: refresh my memory and post the slash image again. I remember it being hilariously bad.
Pantheon-Rise-of-the-Fallen.jpg

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
This industry is so dead. There's nothing now. Do you see what money and exposure has brought us? DO YOU SEE? If I could go back 10 years, I would stop WoW from seeing the light of day, some how, some way.
Ya its pretty much over. Just consider the consolidation in the industry since 07 and see what has trended, its all the same crap over and over again. Even in single player stuff.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Damn, that interview basically said whoever was management screwed everyone out of money! Fucking Brad, i guess when you're desperate you do fucked up shit.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn, that interview basically said whoever was management screwed everyone out of money! Fucking Brad, i guess when you're desperate you do fucked up shit.
It's not looking good for Brad. I think the one person who can really provide some insight to all this is Tom, and he's been MIA. Reason I say that is Brad mentioned a total donation error on the main site, Tom would certainly have a better understanding of the accuracy of that comment. This isn't about a game anymore, it's much deeper than that.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
It's OK though because he remains optimistic and optimism cures everything apparently.

Funny about Tom, he had a huge presence for a week and totally bailed.

kanak32_sl

shitlord
It's not looking good for Brad. I think the one person who can really provide some insight to all this is Tom, and he's been MIA. Reason I say that is Brad mentioned a total donation error on the main site, Tom would certainly have a better understanding of the accuracy of that comment. This isn't about a game anymore, it's much deeper than that.
His tone really suggested that he was taking the "incorrect figure" excuse as an easy escape from responsibility, seeing as he has no real legal obligation to show anybody anything. I don't think you'll ever really have a good idea as to where the money went, and "the figure is wrong" seems to be an awfully easy excuse. Did he really not notice the figure any of the times he loaded the site? It was hovering around the 150k amount for a long time. Brad isn't very convincing.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The figure went from $0 to $100,000+ before the site was even up. That funding meter was never at $0. It's possible that that number was either a total lie to convince new pledgers of the campaign's legitimacy ('seeding the tip jar') or possibly even included large donations from private investors/Brad's friends etc.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The whole thing is complete bullshit. Your trying to make a game with extremely limited funds and you don't eyeball that fucking account every hour to see if new funds are coming in? You don't once go hey wtf my paypal account doesn't match the website total and fucking inquire what is going on? They either inflated the amount of said money coming in to try to create hype that the game was on the right track. The amount is accurate and Brad Madoffed a bunch of chumps with promises of jboots and a return to 1999. Or he is just so totally incompetent that he really had no idea what was going on and spent that money thinking he had more. No matter what the truth is I wouldn't let him manage an automatic tollbooth.