Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Hateyou, all I can do is give you my perspective on what I see about things I can actually discuss. If you want a more detailed account of Brad's typical day I guess you'll have to ask him directly.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Frenzic, I guess your experience was different. He is in contact with us on Skype pretty often. Your original video looked pretty good, why didn't you just run with it? I'm not sure what you would have wanted to ask that would have prevented you from continuing work on it.
Myself and three other mods, which I won't name, all complained about how little Brad responded to them. Anyone with sight and common sense can see that Brad has little impact on the project. I started working on the video project and he told me to make something that looked good. I did my proof of concept and showed it to the team. Brad again gave me next to no feedback. I can only assume that this is how all the projects are going. "Do something cool" is about the extent of his creative mind. Thank you for liking the video I did, I do appreciate you guys giving me feedback and getting excited over it. The reason I did not continue working on it is because I wanted to see a commitment from Brad after all the bullshit he did. I wanted to see that he was going to be more involved and hands on like he told me in my phone conversation with him. When I realized that he was just blowing smoke up my ass and continued to run things the exact same way as he ran it with the old team, I tossed in the towel. Why should I, a non paid volunteer, work harder than the guy who paid himself 45k? I spoke with the old team at length about these details and it was eerie how similar thier experiences were to mine.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've received questions from someone who is not allowed to post here.

Kyndread:

Why did you delete your account out of frustration? What was the reason you told everyone back then?

In the video you are titled as the website server administrator. How is that so when all you do is edit CSS and alter color schemes?

Frenzic, I already answered this question on the site back when it happened. I'm sure its still there somewhere, the person who asked the question can look it up, if they don't already know.

In regards to the new look of the site, it was a bit more involved than that. If you want to downplay the work I've done on the site I guess knock yourself out. Can't really stop you anyway.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Frenzic, I already answered this question on the site back when it happened. I'm sure its still there somewhere, the person who asked the question can look it up, if they don't already know.

In regards to the new look of the site, it was a bit more involved than that. If you want to downplay the work I've done on the site I guess knock yourself out. Can't really stop you anyway.
I believe the reason Tyen ask this question is because you had an issue with how the team communicated with you. Amazing how you've changed your tune since getting a pat on the ass.

That's actually incorrect. Funny that he is the one asking considering he was involved with the thread that I am referring to where I answered this question. When I deleted my account it was when the financial situation was announced on the site. At the time, it seemed like it was over and the game wasn't going to happen, so I left. I was approached and asked to come back which I did. Incidentally, I wasn't angry, just sad that it looked like Pantheon wasn't going to happen. I wasn't expecting much when I came back, but then things came together and a new team brought on board and things were looking brighter. After being involved with the new team I am excited about the progress made so far and feel confident that Pantheon will see the light of day and will be at least as good as we all hoped it would be, if not more.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's actually incorrect. Funny that he is the one asking considering he was involved with the thread that I am referring to where I answered this question. When I deleted my account it was when the financial situation was announced on the site. At the time, it seemed like it was over and the game wasn't going to happen, so I left. I was approached and asked to come back which I did. Incidentally, I wasn't angry, just sad that it looked like Pantheon wasn't going to happen. I wasn't expecting much when I came back, but then things came together and a new team brought on board and things were looking brighter. After being involved with the new team I am excited about the progress made so far and feel confident that Pantheon will see the light of day and will be at least as good as we all hoped it would be, if not more.
Yea because community reps usually just delete their accounts when they think the project is coming to a close. That some bullshit sir
smile.png

Ceder_sl

shitlord
I can't really speak for him, but he does what you would expect someone who is the head of a company to do. He leads. Gives us guidance and direction. Comes up with concepts, ideas, and systems. Supervises. He stays in touch with us pretty frequently at least every couple days, and with Sparkling even more so I'm sure. I'm sure he does other things as well behind the scenes that we aren't aware of. So, although we don't have his schedule, or the ability to watch what he is doing 24/7, I am sure he stays busy.
Though you can't speak for him you certainly gave it your best shot there.

He has openly stated he does not wish to be well involved with the project and hence why he is currently fishing for a CEO. This matches the evidence concerning the lack of interaction he has had with both the former and current dev teams and directly contradicts your "cant speak for him" laundry list.... at least, as you spun it.

You make alot of assumptions with regards to his activities(or lack of them) and admit that you, nor the rest of the team are actually aware of what he's doing for the most part nor the level of communication that he has with other members of this "team".

Taken into context then with the vapid answers concerning his concepts ideas systems supervising, etc, it adds up to what most here would agree is for all practical purposes, nothing. You attempted as well to spin him as if he was the head of some significant company. He's a small business owner(and really thats just very thinly so on paper) with a volunteer team of a handful of people. Given the past few months of his -consistent- inactivity except for drive by and infrequent communications, the video chickanery, and more, its astounding how you expect anyone to have that passed off as what someone would expect the "head of a company to do".

This is what a respectable, sound-minded head of a serious company exactly should -not- do. A figure head perhaps could be associated with his actions or an incompetent leader of a business, but certainly not a real head of a successful company.

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
This thread sucks now... It's much better when we just poke fun and no one from the team posts here. Please leave so we can go back to talking drug addiction, Jesus mmo's and embezzlement.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
This thread sucks now... It's much better when we just poke fun and no one from the team posts here. Please leave so we can go back to talking drug addiction, Jesus mmo's and embezzlement.
Why does Kyndread here change that? He's no one important lol. Don't be shy my little butterfly.

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
I deal with compliance for a living, got to wonder if they had set up anything in writing to prevent or allow for such action to take place. without a some sort of contract or agreement (even verbal) stating out such terms these guys are SOL. also did he take the accounts money or did Tom Sampson (Wryshu) (the COO, CIO) transfer him the money? I noticed Tom is still with Brad. what's the story behind that?
This has always been my exact same question here. I obviously don't agree with taking a 45k cash advance with a startup company, but, if I was a technology contractor, who was not going to be hired by the corporation (VRI), worked for a boss with the track history of Brad, and was going to be paid by the job/project/hour, etc., I would definitely have some sort of structure/contract on what my payment would be, in writing. I would definitely not rely on any verbal agreement or the buddy system telling me that you'll be paid and IOU.

Since, to my knowledge, there has never been an agreed upon amount that wasn't paid, or what was still pending out of an original contract - I would assume that there was no legal issue and as you said, they're SOL. Doesn't make it right or any less mismanaged, but I don't believe it would raise to the level of being criminal either. That is why I could see that Brad did not do it it maliciously, but more naievety on all parties involved (and add greed/stupidity/bad money management, etc. for Brad).

I do realize there were Unity assets that weren't repaid, but there would still need to be some agreement describing what would be reimbursed in the contract as well in order to raise to a criminal level. I've worked many jobs where I've had to buy "tools" or "uniforms" etc. to adequately perform the job duties that weren't required to be refunded.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
This has always been my exact same question here. I obviously don't agree with taking a 45k cash advance with a startup company, but, if I was a technology contractor, who was not going to be hired by the corporation (VRI), worked for a boss with the track history of Brad, and was going to be paid by the job/project/hour, etc., I would definitely have some sort of structure/contract on what my payment would be, in writing. I would definitely not rely on any verbal agreement or the buddy system telling me that you'll be paid and IOU.

Since, to my knowledge, there has never been an agreed upon amount that wasn't paid, or what was still pending out of an original contract - I would assume that there was no legal issue and as you said, they're SOL. Doesn't make it right or any less mismanaged, but I don't believe it would raise to the level of being criminal either. That is why I could see that Brad did not do it it maliciously, but more naievety on all parties involved (and add greed/stupidity/bad money management, etc. for Brad).

I do realize there were Unity assets that weren't repaid, but there would still need to be some agreement describing what would be reimbursed in the contract as well in order to raise to a criminal level. I've worked many jobs where I've had to buy "tools" or "uniforms" etc. to adequately perform the job duties that weren't required to be refunded.
My understanding is that the start up group of devs agreed to be paid in contracts because it made the whole crowd funding thing easier on paper. They were also given stock options in the company should they stay on board. I think the mindset was that this was a start up company and they were all founders that were going to be hired on when the studio went up. They agreed to take contracts to help Brad and it ended up biting them right in the ass. Moral of the story is don't help your friends when it comes to money, protect yourself and your family first.

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
My understanding is that the start up group of devs agreed to be paid in contracts because it made the whole crowd funding thing easier on paper. They were also given stock options in the company should they stay on board. I think the mindset was that this was a start up company and they were all founders that were going to be hired on when the studio went up. They agreed to take contracts to help Brad and it ended up biting them right in the ass. Moral of the story is don't help your friends when it comes to money, protect yourself and your family first.
I had heard something similar, but I'm assuming these contracts were in writing? If it was 150 dollars for creating X zone - I would have to assume they were also paid as well, or some legal action would have been taken? I get it that they were paid like shit, but I'm not seeing where the illegal argument has any validity if all the contracts were fulfilled. I agree 100% with the last statement though, easiest way to ruin a friendship is to loan a large sum of money, at least to a known friend with a history of mismanaging money.

JonJon_sl

shitlord
Kyndread, are there actual position descriptions for everyone at Pantheon; including Brad's 200k/yr CCO position? If so are these available to the public so that we can see the expectations we should place on individuals?

Again I will ask the question because I want to hear your answer. Why, in your opinion, does Brad deserve to siphon $200k per year off the crowd funding money? What sort of work is he doing that warrants that salary while the game itself suffers because of a lack of funding? Quit dodging this issue.

You've mentioned that we would need to ask Brad questions directly. Could you please tell him that he is welcome to come to this forum and discuss issues with us? Perhaps an AMA on reddit would be an even better idea. I would appreciate it if you would take these two suggestions directly to him, and then let us know his response.

Brad claims that he will keep the volunteers on staff even if he finds an investor. What's the plan if the investor does not agree with Sparkling & Family's work experience and demands that Brad remove them from the project?

Do you blame Rerolled for the failure of the Kickstarter? If not, what do you personally feel caused it to not fund?

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
Kyndread, are there actual position descriptions for everyone at Pantheon; including Brad's 200k/yr CCO position? If so are these available to the public so that we can see the expectations we should place on individuals?

Again I will ask the question because I want to hear your answer. Why, in your opinion, does Brad deserve to siphon $200k per year off the crowd funding money? What sort of work is he doing that warrants that salary while the game itself suffers because of a lack of funding? Quit dodging this issue.

You've mentioned that we would need to ask Brad questions directly. Could please tell him that he is welcome to come to this forum and discuss issues with us? Perhaps an AMA on reddit would be an even better idea. I would appreciate it if you would take these two suggestions directly to him, and then let us know his response.

Brad claims that he will keep the volunteers on staff even if he finds an investor. What's the plan if the investor does not agree with Sparkling & Family's work experience and demands that Brad remove them from the project?

Do you blame Rerolled for the failure of the Kickstarter? If not, what do you personally feel caused it to not fund?
I realize your post is laced with sarcasm, but I'll answer it anyhow

1. He's the sole owner of VRI, and without contracts stating X person is making Y amount of money for Z amount of work, he could take it all. If I was going to work for Brad, you better believe I'd have some sort of base payment structure in place so that couldn't happen. So to answer your question, he doesn't deserve to, but as an employee, I wouldn't work a job without knowing what I was going to be paid in advance either. Who knows, but that's not entirely unusual - I could say that about 90% of the bosses I've had.

2. I'll PM him on the site. I carry no clout though, so I have no idea on what response I would receive.

3. I asked the question and he did say he would keep the volunteers - I asked if he would for continuity. Brad had stated in the past that he was willing to change his original vision some if it was required to obtain an investor. I'm guessing if an investor came who said here is 10 million dollars for your Project; however, I want Sparkling and the crew gone, then, common sense would say that would happen and I doubt the volunteer team would blame him either.

4. No, lack of tangible progress and input of all the development team during the Kickstarter, with the exception of Vhalen.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
dude still has no answer to the my question. why are you still working on a project that has no chance of ever seeing the light of day when the guy doing 1% of the work is pocketing 99% of all the money coming in?

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
My contract was zero dollars. Brad said he would give me money as it came in but could not put that in the contract for legal reasons. Brad keeps it so that he and he alone has the money.

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
dude still has no answer to the my question. why are you still working on a project that has no chance of ever seeing the light of day when the guy doing 1% of the work is pocketing 99% of all the money coming in?
You just wrote the job description of most "idea" guys with a project manager title. But, again if there ever was a future "employee" of VRI, or even a paid official contractor, I would make sure as an employee that I wasn't receiving only 1% of the funds, in writing. If that wasn't the case, it's pretty simple, I wouldn't work there