Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Must be gearing up for another kickstarter! Cant wait lol..

I don't know.. I'm really not impressed by this. I'd like to know how much of that work shown was actually done by Monty prior to him leaving. There are also people in the credits who have nothing to do with this project now. It still screams scam and is creating the illusion the team is bigger than it actually is.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Initially, I began crafting a snide post full of vitriol just for the luls, but I'm willing to take a time out from our digital sodomy of the corpse of Brad's career, if for just one post. This post is less for my fellow RRers and more for probrad lurkers or visitors from the Pantheon forums.

This is everything they got, both barrels, with hours of anal retentive polishing to present what they have as better than what most likely actually exists. Once again, illusion of competency. They had rudimentary combat and spells, which is more than I had expected, so to a very small degree I was impressed (Well, I'm not sure that's the word I'm looking for, my reaction was like when my toddler rips a fart louder than you'd think a toddler should be able to and you're kind of surprised and chuckle). Visually, its extremely dated (Yes, I'm aware thatbest case scenariothis is placeholder art which can be changed later.) and I doubt that would improve much even with a massive infusion of money that I doubt they are likely or capable of receiving.

They're going to take another run at a Kickstarter with this video at the forefront. I hope Brad realizes his name isn't a selling point and doubles down on the effort needed for that, which he may, I mean if you watch the video from even 3 months ago its a pretty substantial improvement. I can look past the asset store shitart and terribad UI and arrive at the conclusion that they're trying, which is fine, but effort is great for the special olympics, not for someone with a tarnished reputation and baggage galore asking for money.

I'll say that even this, with almost a year of work, is still too little to present to the world with an outstretched palm for money. It needs another 6 months+ of work and surface level polish before its ready for theworldto revisit.

I can suspend reality to a point. I could point to this video, because I know someone, somewhere made that mental connection.

Well, let me help you, whoever you are. The above video has all made from scratch art assets and models, money behind it, and a large, competent team. None of which exist in the Pantheon video.

Going forward I think there are hurdles Brad will be unable to cross even if he takes in enough money to continue this pace of development with the small team that he has, such as creation of content, getting passed using unity prepackaged assets, but most importantly being humble enough to hire a CEO to actually manage things should he find investor(s) or substantial crowd funding capital.

Bad McQuaid still bad.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Must be gearing up for another kickstarter! Cant wait lol..

I don't know.. I'm really not impressed by this. I'd like to know how much of that work shown was actually done by Monty prior to him leaving. There are also people in the credits who have nothing to do with this project now. It still screams scam and is creating the illusion the team is bigger than it actually is.
It's better than the last video, and shows progress.

That doesn't mean it's good. Or anywhere near good.

Dev progress videos can be interesting tools for promotions, and they'll always catch flack from people expecting to see a 100% done game. However, this one still had so many little things that needed to be cleaned up, that's it's still unacceptable and screams "we don't really know what we're doing". You have to put your best foot forward, and this shows that they haven't done any iteration on their current features to clean them up to make them presentable.

JonJon_sl

shitlord
They got the arms moving!!!!! Measurable progress, this is gonna turn it around for sure!

The problem I have is that the whole thing feels like what Flex said "the illusion of competence". I saw one example of the use of the skill bar, and I'm seeing mobs vanish when (I'm assuming) they died. I didn't see one example of a mob spawning automatically. I did see the entrance to Sebillis though! That red orb thing was a direct ripoff in my opinion. Pretty much they showed that they have some NPCs available that seem to be capable of pathing. And they have managed to get some auto attacking mechanics in place. Definitely measurable progress from prior videos, absolutely lackluster considering this is their "polished" and highly edited video. I can't claim to know the hard and easy parts of MMO design, but if you wanted to wow me, I'd need to see some mobs spawning, skillbar getting utilized, and some corpses on the ground.

Did anyone else notice that the bridge towards the end seemed to disappear as the character walked over it?

Rali

Trakanon Raider
2db6rll.jpg

Race: Warrior Class: Human

Polished? Really?

gogojira_sl

shitlord
The problem is basically what Flex already said. It's not out and out terrible, but that's strictly when speaking of the Unity assets. Everything original to Pantheon looks bad.

That first terrible ass cut to promo art done when Pantheon was still a Kickstarter to the HUD to the terrible credits.

They're better off playing Lego's with Pantheon because when they implement their own shit it gets ugly. Laurene's art damn sure ain't going to save the look.

Brad's best hope is to create a prototype and then have real developers take over. I know that sounds dick, but it's the truth.

Except for the music which is aight.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Should we all chip in secretly as one account? That way we would have new forum access which I assume will be promised with this new KS ?