Parent Thread

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
My oldest son was in underwear by 2.5. He started peeing in the toilet pretty much full time right before his 2nd birthday and pooping took a few more months. My youngest is 2 now and will use the toilet when he feels like it (i.e. when you are really fucking busy and can't really fuck around for 20 minutes in the bathroom with a 2 year old) but really doesn't show much interest at all. He's pretty good at hiding somewhere, shitting his pants and then informing you immediately afterward that you need to change him.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My son is in that stage. Hides, shits his pants, and 50/50 chance he tells you he shit his pants or the house smells like rancid shit.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
My kid asks me how to poop on the potty. It's like he can't figure it out and we're having a hard time trying to explain how to take a shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My kid asks me how to poop on the potty. It's like he can't figure it out and we're having a hard time trying to explain how to take a shit.

Tell him to just sit there and relax. There's no actual poop muscle that you have to flex to squeeze one out, the defecation process is handled by smooth muscles that you have no direct control over just like urination. How to actually convey that information to a child of potty-training age I leave to you.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Night 1 of sleep training down. Not as bad as I expected.

Sort of a 'gentle' let them cry it out;

Wait til about an hour past normal bed time so they're good an tired.
Put them down to bed with the normal "good night, love you, you're going to sleep so well, see you in the morning, etc".
Let them cry it out for 2 minutes, come back repeat the "i love you good night" line above but only go to the door way of the bedroom, don't approach the crib.
Repeat doubling the wait time each set until they pass out.

Took right about 40 minutes for her to stop crying, another 10 for her to be asleep. Once she stopped crying we didn't go into the room.

Apparently normally works in 2-3 days.

Last edited:

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Day 2, cried for a little more than 5 minutes, stopped cryimg right as i was about to walk into the bed room for the second round of ". Sat in her crib for another 15 to 30 sitting/playing with a stuffed owl she likes. Need to reposition the monitor so it's out of her reach and keeps unobstructed LOS.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, ill do something similar once we move her into her own room. Currently the crib is at the foot of our bed on the master and is kind of in the middle of the room. Wife wanted a closer view than a wall or dresser placement so i strapped half an old curtain rod vertically to the exterior of one of the corners of the crib; camera is mounted on that. Makes for a great view, but is well within reach of the baby when she stands up.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Just wanted to jump in here because my wife is pregnant with twins. We also have a six year old so we feel pretty well prepared for this. Two at a time is going to be a living hell, but I definitely remember some of the issues experienced with the first one and things I would have done differently. My biggest worry is going to be trying not to completely neglect the kindergartner. She’s excited, but I think that will be short lived when she discovers that an overwhelming majority of our time and energy will be aimed at two babies.

Also, is a horny pregnant woman a myth? My wife has been stingy af since she’s gotten pregnant and it’s been 20 weeks. I can’t tell if my friends have been fabricating their own experiences or if I’m just unlucky.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Just wanted to jump in here because my wife is pregnant with twins. We also have a six year old so we feel pretty well prepared for this. Two at a time is going to be a living hell, but I definitely remember some of the issues experienced with the first one and things I would have done differently. My biggest worry is going to be trying not to completely neglect the kindergartner. She’s excited, but I think that will be short lived when she discovers that an overwhelming majority of our time and energy will be aimed at two babies.

Also, is a horny pregnant woman a myth? My wife has been stingy af since she’s gotten pregnant and it’s been 20 weeks. I can’t tell if my friends have been fabricating their own experiences or if I’m just unlucky.

my wife was super horny in her third trimester. Awkward sex with huge belly, but lots of it.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Last thing on my wife's mind is sex. She's at 32 weeks. We had sex twice during pregnancy. She's also high risk cause of surgery for fibroids and had a miscarriage last summer. So she's taking no chances.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Crazy how time flies, the little lady turned 1 this weekend. She's definitely a crowd-pleaser, smiles and waves for pretty much everyone.

Also, 12 month check up this afternoon. Hadn't weighed or measured for a little while. She's 50th percentile in height, for a 3 year old. Right about 33" tall and 25.5 lbs (84cm and 11.8kg for you commies). Walking and trying to climb everything like a little goat. Counting down to sports domination.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My five year old little man came down with croup.

What a horrid and soul crushing cough.

:(

Ryoz

<Donor>
Couldn't decide whether to post this in the tech or parent forum, but does anyone have a suggestion for a solid baby monitor? Not even a baby monitor necessarily, but something with video and audio capabilities. Preferably with some type of local storage so I don't need a cloud sub/plan.

Currently looking at:
Netvue Camera
Infant Optics

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
We use a nest cam. You don't need the sub unless you want to keep old footage available. We have 3 around the house; crib, driveway/front door approach, living room.

Some things that we like about them
- Push notifications when movement or sound is detected.
- solid low light performance
- remote monitoring via phone app
- timeline event review
- easy/flexible mounting
- reuse in another area of the house and it doesnt look stupid.