Parent Thread

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What if he's out of uncles?

Or picture this: At the funeral of his last uncle, they're all in the cemetary with the chair arrangement and everything, suddenly in rides a Papa John's delivery driver on his eco friendly cargo e-bike, shouting "One large pepperoni with extra bacon for Tarrant?" and as the eulogy is delivered, he chomps down on the pizza. Receiving dirty looks from his aunt, he just responds "hey, you waited 20 years for this, too"

Therage

Vyemm Raider
What if he's out of uncles?

Or picture this: At the funeral of his last uncle, they're all in the cemetary with the chair arrangement and everything, suddenly in rides a Papa John's delivery driver on his eco friendly cargo e-bike, shouting "One large pepperoni with extra bacon for Tarrant?" and as the eulogy is delivered, he chomps down on the pizza. Receiving dirty looks from his aunt, he just responds "hey, you waited 20 years for this, too"

20 years for papa John's. Your a sick sick bastard.

SeanDoe1z1

Nearby-living Grandparents divorcing, 3 grandkids (so far not friendly, WTF old people?). This a thing lately? Was not expecting having to deal with this. Most likely being pretty upfront sooner than later, but sucks for the kids.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I made a thing; you may use; also, last year's thing:

Happy Birthday (5).jpg

Happy Birthday (6).jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Apparently I'm a bad father. It snowed here, and it's beautiful outside, and the kids all tried to talk me into getting a bloody Christmas tree today. I flat out said no. It's too damned early, I'm not putting a Christmas tree up in November. Now they're all pissed at me and so is my wife. Her argument is "who cares? Just put up a tree early." I flat out said no again. So now they are all unified in their pissiness at me, so I'm going to my shed for the day to build more kitchen cabinets.

I might put up a little Christmas tree in the workshop today, just to drive the final nail into my coffin. Maybe I should change the wifi password and not tell anyone, too.

Honestly, who the fuck puts up a Christmas tree on November 10?

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Apparently I'm a bad father. It snowed here, and it's beautiful outside, and the kids all tried to talk me into getting a bloody Christmas tree today. I flat out said no. It's too damned early, I'm not putting a Christmas tree up in November. Now they're all pissed at me and so is my wife. Her argument is "who cares? Just put up a tree early." I flat out said no again. So now they are all unified in their pissiness at me, so I'm going to my shed for the day to build more kitchen cabinets.

I might put up a little Christmas tree in the workshop today, just to drive the final nail into my coffin. Maybe I should change the wifi password and not tell anyone, too.

Introduce to them the Thankful A Day Challenge that's going around on Facebook.
Bomb the house with Thanksgiving decorations. probably don't even need to fight about it or announce it. just go off and come back with stuff and setup your fort.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

My mom. Always had shit up the week after Halloween every year. I tried asking why, but after a few years I realized it was just one of her irrational OCD things. We may not be related by blood, but I damned well know where I got that from.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Tree should go up the day after Thanksgiving at the absolute earliest, taking advantage of being off work. Earlier is just stupid. Corporate shills to encourage putting it up earlier. New years day it comes down. That's my hard-line. Unless you're lazy, then hopefully before Valentines, lol.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Oh wow. Our tree is getting put up a week before christmas or so. Stays until Jan 6th or a bit later.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I thought it was my job to suck the life out of a marriage, turns out it's milking machines. It's impossible to initiate any sort of physical contact when she's strapped to a machine. How fuckin romantic.