Parent Thread

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Ackshyually....you don't actively cool down a child with cold towels/ice, although I imagine there are times when a hospital may do so if medically necessary. It's about the worst thing you can do, and can actually increase their core temperature.

if Tylenol doesn't work then a kids ibuprofen solution does the same job, and can be used in conjunction with Tylenol when necessary. We've occasionally had times where Calpol (Tylenol) doesn't work but 15 minutes after an ibuprofen dose his temperature comes down.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Our pediatrician is actually awesome, he's been practicing medicine since before I was alive, and he's (as best I can tell) staying up to date and just happened to be a nationally recognized Dr in kids with behavioral disorders, which worked out for us. But that phone call was pretty funny, he couldn't have been more annoyed at our panicking. He's talking about it like it's nothing, and my wife and I are thinking he's just not understanding what we're saying, 105! This is like Jacob's Ladder territory! But I guess not. The next day he saw her in the office and he explained like how fevers work, the difference between bacterial and viral, etc and that's why a temp that's steady at 105 is not an emergency situation. 106, however, is apparently the "freakout" barrier, if it hits 106 that's indicative of a bacterial infection and needs immediate treatment at a medical facility.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Guys, my two oldest are out of the house and at college. I'm in a little bit of shock. My youngest is starting middle school, and the middle two are both driving. How the fuck did this happen?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
But did you turn out to not be an axe murderer!?!

Honestly man that's the dream. I hope my kids turn out alright. They got me as a dad so they're at least 50% fucked.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
As it turns out, I have not yet murdered anyone with an axe. So apparently my parents should be proud.

One of my oldest is on scholarship for the soccer team. They're doing conditioning training right now and she's gasping. I'm going down to run with them Monday just for shits and giggles. I can't wait to see how these kids run right over me.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
68748300_2484378718285530_1107775046069256192_n.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Repost
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Wife came up to the office last night and gave me a glass of scotch, said "there's been a massive disaster" and gave me a pee stick. Guess that's #2 on the way then, I'm 45 this month heh. She thought I'd be upset, as we'd decided not to have more, but I'm OK with it. Massive shame (to say the least) my dad died earlier this year, he'd have been stoked to have another grand kid.
Congratulations, and sorry about your dad. My dad died two years before #2 came along, he'd have loved this little brat.
Age ist just a number btw. J/K it will be horrible. We had #2 shortly before I turned 42.
I'm 46 now. Getting snipped this month.

• 1Solidarity

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I just turned 45, got a almost 5 year old and and 18 month old. Getting snipped later this year, wife is paranoid about getting pregnant again since she just turned 42

• 1Solidarity

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Being snipped is awesome. I have sown my seed. It has done its thing. And now all the boinky-boinky I want without repercussions.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game of baby chicken.

9pm, daughter is in bed, baby is with us sleeping in the mobile crib as well. It's game time. But whoever goes to bed last has to put the baby to sleep by themself. Casual glancing at my wife's game, estimating how much longer her TAB mission will take... hah, she lost but started over. On the final wave an hour later I sneak out, beat her to bed by five minutes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users