Parent Thread

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
We used to do dance parties every night when I'd strap Sam into the chest harness. This shit is cracking me up now that she's walking.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Being snipped is awesome. I have sown my seed. It has done its thing. And now all the boinky-boinky I want without repercussions.
You snipped after...five kids, was it? Can't imagine going beyond the 2 gals we got. I'd need hearing aids before 40. Estrogen and high pitched noises go hand in hand.

Whatever happened to bum sex while ovulating?

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
I have two daughters and I want to have more kids, but I can barely afford life as it is. The sad, sad curse of Eastern Europe.
Therefore, do not get snipped, go and procreate more, if you can afford to raise them.
Blessed be the Fruit !

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Holy hell, the toddler anger came on like a blitzkrieg tonight. First time I've seen it and I really don't think I was prepared because I (am a moron and) always thought that I'd be able to half communicate with her by the time this behavior started. It wasn't terrible, but a stark contrast from the norm. It started with a wet willy, then she slapped the dog, then slapped me 2 times for telling her not to slap the dog, then she slapped mom for telling her not to slap dad, then she drowned a stuffed animal in the dog water and literally stomped off to her room. We were a little dumbfounded and trying not to laugh, but lost it when I peeked around the corner of her room and almost got hit it the face with a block.

Turns out she just wanted to go to bed 20 minutes early, but that was a whole lot of pissed off baby I haven't seen yet.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh god, she threw a block at you.

I'm dying squirtle.

Good arm too, if she came close to hitting you.

Last edited:

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Holy hell, the toddler anger came on like a blitzkrieg tonight. First time I've seen it and I really don't think I was prepared because I (am a moron and) always thought that I'd be able to half communicate with her by the time this behavior started. It wasn't terrible, but a stark contrast from the norm. It started with a wet willy, then she slapped the dog, then slapped me 2 times for telling her not to slap the dog, then she slapped mom for telling her not to slap dad, then she drowned a stuffed animal in the dog water and literally stomped off to her room. We were a little dumbfounded and trying not to laugh, but lost it when I peeked around the corner of her room and almost got hit it the face with a block.

Turns out she just wanted to go to bed 20 minutes early, but that was a whole lot of pissed off baby I haven't seen yet.
How old is she? Mine will be 3 early next year. Her latest thing is to spit or pretend to spit on me when she doesn't want to do something or wants me to go away. She did it one time mostly playing around and I made too big a deal of it. So now she knows I don't like it/she isn't supposed to.

The key to effective parenting of a toddler is redirection and distraction.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So I have to rant here. Because I've wanted to express my anger and rage on the internet about something.

So a week ago about 7pm we get some indian people mom, dad, and 2 kids come over and one of the kids has a ripped/cut shirt. The mother jumps on me because she said her son said that my son cut the shirt on the bus and threatened to cut his finger off. Also said that my son often makes fun of him for being indian, his religion, and has on multiple times put his hands down her sons pants and several times the teachers saw it. Yeah right, lady. In my mind I'm like there's NO WAY that a teacher saw this shit go down and I never got contacted. So we smiles, nodded and said okay we'd see what we can do and that we'd call the transportation company, etc. She started to back into a "well its okay, i mean kids will be kids" and I'm like "No, you've made some really, really serious accusations here, I'm going to get down to the bottom of it." By thursday, I already had word from teh school they've gotten no reports from anything, and transportation showed me the video recording from teh bus showing my son doing absolutely nothing wrong, in fact one of the two boys was picking on him on the bus (not the one with the ripped shirt).

We were informed by transportation that they contacted this family, and spoke to them, and told them that nothing occurred. Additionally, the school called them and said no teacher witnessed anything like that. As for the racist stuff, my son is barely in the second grade, he's got no idea of those concepts yet and everyone at the school agrees that would be exceptionally out of character for my son. No one believes it.

So that's fine. We let it go assuming we'll get an apology or something. Nothing. Then, Monday this week (6 days after the first incident) my wife starts getting text messages from a different parent on how my son "hit their son with a water bottle in the shoulder" on the morning bus, and on the afternoon bus "took off his shoes and hit him so hard with them he came home crying and balling with a red mark on his face". We sent a text to this lady very nicely and calmly telling her that she needed to call transportation, they could help her, and they have a video of the bus. Additionally, we told her the red mark could not have been caused by our son because our son only took the morning bus, and not afternoon bus that way. This is confirmed by all logs, and he was present at his taekwando class, whic his who picks him up. There's no question he wasn't on that afternoon bus.

Well, this other parent is a RAVING LUNATIC. She starts being curt with us and telling us we have cold attitudes and amazed we're showing no sympathy for her son. We said we did have empathy for her son, if he had a red mark, something happened and she needed to find out what happened because SOMEONE hit him, but it could not possibly have been my son because he wasn't on the bus. She flat out said "I dont believe you". Well, awesome. So we said nothing more to this crazy lady and called transportation and the school AGAIN, this time on teh second issue, and again like the first, everything was reviewed, on both the morning and logs checked in teh afternoon. He was not on the afternoon bus as we already knew, and on the morning bus, there was a part where my son was twirling around the water bottle and it hit this kid (they were in the same seat), but appeared to be purely accidental and did not even interrupt the group of 4 boys total that were playing I Spy on the way to school.

So yeah, second time in less than a week my son gets accused by two parents who come to us directly on offense about how terrible my son is when in reality my son isn't doing shit. He's even playing with the kid during the second event in the morning. So we go to the school again because this lady said she had spoken to the principal. The school also reviewed everything again and agreed, there's nothing there. My son did nothing wrong.

So what happens, after this parent gets contacted by the school? She fucking runs to facebook and, not naming us or our son, goes on a rant about how there's a bully in the neighborhood beating her son up on teh bus. Of course, all her friends are all like "omg poor you" and "poor kid!" and such. It's astounding, and in the last 2 days, she's been responding to messages on this facebook thread, which has over 100 responses. She's offered to talk to the other parents "in private". We know she's smearing my sons name, btu cannot prove it. The school was then informed of this facebook thread and they said they best they could do would be to ask her to please remove it. She did not, in fact double downed on it, and is talking now about what horrible parents this kid must have.

So yeah. Not much I can do about it, and we're just ignoring it at this point, but we're making sure my son and these other kids in question do not associate in any way. But ho-lee-sheet it is a fucking wakeup call on how horrible and terrible parents are in 2019. You wonder why shit like Kavanaugh accusations exist? It's because of parents like this. This is perhaps one of the worst group of parents I've ever had to deal with.

Edit: I forgot to mention that whomever did hit this ladys kid got away with it because she is DEAD SET that it was my son and completely stands by that it occured on the afternoon bus, despite every single piece of evidence saying otherwise.

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Consider yourself lucky you have video evidence. Delete your facebook account. Dont think about her ever again. Everything will be fine.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Consider yourself lucky you have video evidence. Delete your facebook account. Dont think about her ever again. Everything will be fine.

Oh yeah, I don't have a FB, she's just stupid enough to leave all her shit public.

Vinen

God is dead
How old is she? Mine will be 3 early next year. Her latest thing is to spit or pretend to spit on me when she doesn't want to do something or wants me to go away. She did it one time mostly playing around and I made too big a deal of it. So now she knows I don't like it/she isn't supposed to.

So goddam true.

Sons current meltdown is waking up and wanting Candy. He will curl up into a ball on the floor screaming. I just sit there laughing internally.
Have to redirect him towards something else until it comes up again a few hours later.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So I have to rant here. Because I've wanted to express my anger and rage on the internet about something.

So a week ago about 7pm we get some indian people mom, dad, and 2 kids come over and one of the kids has a ripped/cut shirt. The mother jumps on me because she said her son said that my son cut the shirt on the bus and threatened to cut his finger off. Also said that my son often makes fun of him for being indian, his religion, and has on multiple times put his hands down her sons pants and several times the teachers saw it. Yeah right, lady. In my mind I'm like there's NO WAY that a teacher saw this shit go down and I never got contacted. So we smiles, nodded and said okay we'd see what we can do and that we'd call the transportation company, etc. She started to back into a "well its okay, i mean kids will be kids" and I'm like "No, you've made some really, really serious accusations here, I'm going to get down to the bottom of it." By thursday, I already had word from teh school they've gotten no reports from anything, and transportation showed me the video recording from teh bus showing my son doing absolutely nothing wrong, in fact one of the two boys was picking on him on the bus (not the one with the ripped shirt).

We were informed by transportation that they contacted this family, and spoke to them, and told them that nothing occurred. Additionally, the school called them and said no teacher witnessed anything like that. As for the racist stuff, my son is barely in the second grade, he's got no idea of those concepts yet and everyone at the school agrees that would be exceptionally out of character for my son. No one believes it.

So that's fine. We let it go assuming we'll get an apology or something. Nothing. Then, Monday this week (6 days after the first incident) my wife starts getting text messages from a different parent on how my son "hit their son with a water bottle in the shoulder" on the morning bus, and on the afternoon bus "took off his shoes and hit him so hard with them he came home crying and balling with a red mark on his face". We sent a text to this lady very nicely and calmly telling her that she needed to call transportation, they could help her, and they have a video of the bus. Additionally, we told her the red mark could not have been caused by our son because our son only took the morning bus, and not afternoon bus that way. This is confirmed by all logs, and he was present at his taekwando class, whic his who picks him up. There's no question he wasn't on that afternoon bus.

Well, this other parent is a RAVING LUNATIC. She starts being curt with us and telling us we have cold attitudes and amazed we're showing no sympathy for her son. We said we did have empathy for her son, if he had a red mark, something happened and she needed to find out what happened because SOMEONE hit him, but it could not possibly have been my son because he wasn't on the bus. She flat out said "I dont believe you". Well, awesome. So we said nothing more to this crazy lady and called transportation and the school AGAIN, this time on teh second issue, and again like the first, everything was reviewed, on both the morning and logs checked in teh afternoon. He was not on the afternoon bus as we already knew, and on the morning bus, there was a part where my son was twirling around the water bottle and it hit this kid (they were in the same seat), but appeared to be purely accidental and did not even interrupt the group of 4 boys total that were playing I Spy on the way to school.

So yeah, second time in less than a week my son gets accused by two parents who come to us directly on offense about how terrible my son is when in reality my son isn't doing shit. He's even playing with the kid during the second event in the morning. So we go to the school again because this lady said she had spoken to the principal. The school also reviewed everything again and agreed, there's nothing there. My son did nothing wrong.

So what happens, after this parent gets contacted by the school? She fucking runs to facebook and, not naming us or our son, goes on a rant about how there's a bully in the neighborhood beating her son up on teh bus. Of course, all her friends are all like "omg poor you" and "poor kid!" and such. It's astounding, and in the last 2 days, she's been responding to messages on this facebook thread, which has over 100 responses. She's offered to talk to the other parents "in private". We know she's smearing my sons name, btu cannot prove it. The school was then informed of this facebook thread and they said they best they could do would be to ask her to please remove it. She did not, in fact double downed on it, and is talking now about what horrible parents this kid must have.

So yeah. Not much I can do about it, and we're just ignoring it at this point, but we're making sure my son and these other kids in question do not associate in any way. But ho-lee-sheet it is a fucking wakeup call on how horrible and terrible parents are in 2019. You wonder why shit like Kavanaugh accusations exist? It's because of parents like this. This is perhaps one of the worst group of parents I've ever had to deal with.

Edit: I forgot to mention that whomever did hit this ladys kid got away with it because she is DEAD SET that it was my son and completely stands by that it occured on the afternoon bus, despite every single piece of evidence saying otherwise.

All I can say to you is document, document, document. Make sure you have copies of the videos.

And I would pay a personal visit to that parent, and show them everything, and tell them if they continue smearing your son's good name, you'll bring liable against them. Asshole parents like this are a scourge on the general population. They need to get spanked hard, and often.

My son was accused of flashing himself to the bus attendant. Not the driver, not someone smart enough to get that job, but the other adult supervisor on the bus. I demanded the videos, and it turns out he sat quietly in his seat the entire time. I was a plague to the school board transportation department until that dumbass was fired. And she was. And the bus was better off for it. And she was forced to give an in person apology to me and to my son. And she was so angry, like she was entitled to something better. All I had to say to her was "I'm so glad you're not supervising children anymore. If you lie about something like this, you're not suitable to supervise paint drying. I'm considering bringing charges against you." She nearly shit her pants on the spot. What a fucking waste of skin.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
All I can say to you is document, document, document. Make sure you have copies of the videos.

And I would pay a personal visit to that parent, and show them everything, and tell them if they continue smearing your son's good name, you'll bring liable against them. Asshole parents like this are a scourge on the general population. They need to get spanked hard, and often.

My son was accused of flashing himself to the bus attendant. Not the driver, not someone smart enough to get that job, but the other adult supervisor on the bus. I demanded the videos, and it turns out he sat quietly in his seat the entire time. I was a plague to the school board transportation department until that dumbass was fired. And she was. And the bus was better off for it. And she was forced to give an in person apology to me and to my son. And she was so angry, like she was entitled to something better. All I had to say to her was "I'm so glad you're not supervising children anymore. If you lie about something like this, you're not suitable to supervise paint drying. I'm considering bringing charges against you." She nearly shit her pants on the spot. What a fucking waste of skin.
If you're going to confront the other parent , do it with school adminstration present in a scheduled meeting. Anything else and crazy pants is going to acuse you of harassment.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Guess yall didnt read his post.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Perhaps you didn't.

• 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

She's 16 months. Distraction definitely seems to be the easiest resolution lately.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
If you're going to confront the other parent , do it with school adminstration present in a scheduled meeting. Anything else and crazy pants is going to acuse you of harassment.

The school had offered this to us, to mediate. I declined, because I felt like we do not owe them anything. However, we've both since dropped it after everything being documented, and are now just keeping our ears open for anything else if it happens (hopefully not).

Perhaps you didn't.

Perhaps I didn't what?

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
The school had offered this to us, to mediate. I declined, because I felt like we do not owe them anything. However, we've both since dropped it after everything being documented, and are now just keeping our ears open for anything else if it happens (hopefully not).

Perhaps I didn't what?
It isn't about owing them, it's about having a witness present for any face to face meetings.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
When are we supposed to be able to negociate with a kid ? I absolutely never suceeded in negociating with mine (2.5 y/o), everytime I try something like :" you need to eat your broccoli if you want that ice cream" it fails. And to be clear, I never give her the damn ice cream or whatever she asked if she doesn't comply (and she never does). I'm fairly sure she understands the deal offered, but she's like "I don't negociate with terrorists". I need David Copperfield level of misdirection to get her to do anything, while she'll easily manipulate me (like she often comes near me, hug me and 3 seconds later ask for something (TV/Chocolate/whatever is in her mind).

So the question is : does it get better, or worse ?