Parent Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
And it gets better. So far 2 projectile vomit incidents from the little guy today. Wife actually went to work today so I have to wait till she gets home because the engine of our van just shit out a few days ago so we're down to one vehicle.
It's like the perfect shitstorm right now. The shitbirds are circling.

Even though she went to work the surgery still hinges on her bloodwork numbers later today. Fingers and toes crossed.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Finally some good goddamn news. Her doctor was happy with the blood work results today. Her numbers finally fell enough. The plan is to repeat labs again in a week. Hopefully that is the end of that. At least for now I feel like I can breathe again.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Yes as long as the numbers continue to drop now. She had more bleeding today which in this case is a great sign. PHEW.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lindz

#DDs
Jesus christ, principals are incompetent. We're having bullying issues with our 10 year old daughter. A few weeks ago a boy pushed her up against the wall in PE and choked her. She told her teacher and the principal (and us), they said it would be dealt with. A couple days later she's playing with friends outside and he throws her down on the concrete. The next week he told her if she tattled on him again, he'd put her in the hospital. She talked to us and we went to her teacher and the principal. They said they are taking it very seriously and it wouldn't happen again. Today she goes to sit down in art class and he pulls the chair out from under her and shoves her against another table causing her to hit her head. Obviously I emailed the principal right away, asking her to call me first thing tomorrow.

Anyone know what I can demand here? Because I'm really wanting this kid kicked out of school. I kind of figured he'd be suspended after the first couple of incidents, but apparently not. I'm worried he's going to seriously hurt her. Apparently he's done these things to other girls as well. Can I go to the police? Am I over reacting?

We've dealt with bullying before, but it was minor stuff that happens around that age. I was never overly concerned. This stuff is serious.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I present to you people...The next POTUS. And defensive end for the 2025 Super Bowl Champions!

Brahma O'Bahma Jr.!

Ordering me like a billion of these now :)

BrahmaObama.jpg

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Jesus christ, principals are incompetent. We're having bullying issues with our 10 year old daughter. A few weeks ago a boy pushed her up against the wall in PE and choked her. She told her teacher and the principal (and us), they said it would be dealt with. A couple days later she's playing with friends outside and he throws her down on the concrete. The next week he told her if she tattled on him again, he'd put her in the hospital. She talked to us and we went to her teacher and the principal. They said they are taking it very seriously and it wouldn't happen again. Today she goes to sit down in art class and he pulls the chair out from under her and shoves her against another table causing her to hit her head. Obviously I emailed the principal right away, asking her to call me first thing tomorrow.

Anyone know what I can demand here? Because I'm really wanting this kid kicked out of school. I kind of figured he'd be suspended after the first couple of incidents, but apparently not. I'm worried he's going to seriously hurt her. Apparently he's done these things to other girls as well. Can I go to the police? Am I over reacting?

We've dealt with bullying before, but it was minor stuff that happens around that age. I was never overly concerned. This stuff is serious.
Everything you just detailed is assault, at a minimum. You can go to the police. Given that you've tried working with the school and they are non-responsive, I'd let them know that will be your next move and see how they react and take it from there.

I don't think you're overreacting. You send your kid off to school expecting they will catch some shit, but what you're describing is beyond ok.

• 1Solidarity

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I second get the cops involved. It just keeps escalating and the school obviously isn't going to do anything about it. They had their chance.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

If it were a boy child I would tell him to fight that kid, if it is a girl child like yours I'd beat the fuck out of that kid myself.

At a minimum I'd go find the parents, and maybe beat the fuck out of one of them if some little dickhead touched my daughter. Clothesline the mother down a flight of stairs and see how the dad likes that.

In all seriousness - thats go time. Go to the police if the principal doesn't immediately take drastic action at this point.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Just get the police involved.

• 1Solidarity

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'd let the principal know you're going to be bringing in the police, but sure as shit you should be bringing in the police.

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Three options

Police

Husband beats the dad's ass in front of kid

Pay kid to beat kids ass

Also... This is just casual observation but where are the other dudes in school? If I saw a boy assaulting a girl like this when I was in school he'd need to get false teeth

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

Police now. Lawyer later. That's endangerment if that little shit stain has been doing that to others and they didn't expel him already.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider

I was going to reply to several posts after this one but I'm too dumb to multiquote so.

If the school is not taking action, I'd be at the parents and demand they teach their little shit some manners.
If that fails / is not an option, I might be sued because I might hit the little shit.

Back in my days (yadda yadda), seriously though, I was on the receiving end a few times. One when I was in elementary school, mom grabbed the kid by the arm on our way home and told him to leave me alone. That worked.

Later at 14 or so, some kids bullied me over a few months, mother told teacher, teacher told them to stop it (without naming me but they immediately said "oh I know who tattled"). In the end I had to punch one of them in the guts to get their respect.

Around the same time one of my cousin's friends also did the whole push/punch game. Dad handled that one and to this day I have no idea what he did, but knowing my dad he might have shown him his knife and talked about teenage boys balls. Never had as much as a bad word come out of that guy's mouth again.

Anyway, my girls are five and two years old and I hope they will never be in this situation. As I said, I might end up throttling the little shit. Or his parents. Or both.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

I'd let the principal know you're going to be bringing in the police, but sure as shit you should be bringing in the police.
This. Get in contact w/ the police and then let the principal know you're coming in. I would contact the district as well.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I would first send the principle a letter that said you will be involving the police and then you will be retaining a lawyer in order to determine how to best proceed regarding the boy, his family, and the school. I guarantee you that will get you action on the principle's part. And if it doesn't, the police showing up at school and taking the boy aside will have a pretty big impact all on its own.

Get the police involved after you tell the principle you're going to.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Funny thing is that you would think the school would squash this fast. The anti-bullying thing has been pushed hard the last few years. I LD's idea about the letter. That will get them jumping before something more serious can happen. Man, to hear you tell that pisses me off.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah my daughter's school takes bullying very seriously, maybe a little too seriously. I can't imagine this going down at her school.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not looking forward to when my kids go to school for all the bullying shit

I ask my kids about this every now and then and they say mostly people just make fun of each other now and there's no physical bullying. My 8th grader has never seen a real fight at school, just a push or shove and thats it. Which kinda blows my mind, back in "my day" real fights were relatively common in those grades. To never have even seen one is just remarkable.

• 1Solidarity