Parent Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm sure she wold have been down for the rawdogging but she was one of those chick's that used the pill to have less painful periods. Still I used a condom for the first 6 months keeping an eye on her pills and for about year still always pulled out.

She started talking marriage so I got a job in the south pacific and never looked back.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
17 months from now? Nah....she better pick that shit up quick if she doesn't want to start changing her own diapers.

She can repeatedly hit the dog with a 90mph teething ring from the other side of the couch. Hugs should be np

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Okay, here's a weird one that I have no idea how to respond to. I'm looking for advice:

My youngest (10) has a girl in his fifth grade class who has developed physically far beyond her years. My son has been talking about how everyone has noticed and talked about her boobs. I figured it was just because she was developed beyond average, and middle school kids notice this. The issue is that she really has developed far beyond her years, and she isn't wearing anything under her uniform shirts. The shirts she has are far, far too tight, and are stretched thin and are white and pale yellow. I was in my son's class Friday to lead a reading group, and it was terrible. Other kids have taken to calling this girl "nipples" behind her back (middle school kids are horrible). The trouble is, her nipples are rather visible.

Our girls, when they started developing, got serious training about wearing bras and things under white shirts and so forth. This isn't because we're prudes, and we certainly didn't teach them to be ashamed of their bodies. It's just about dressing appropriately.

Now I suspect this girl just isn't getting parented properly. She's a really nice little girl, happy and bright. The question is...how the hell does one approach this issue? Something should be said to her mother. Maybe there are reasons her mother isn't cluing in to this, or whatever. But obviously _I_ can't say anything, that would be wildly inappropriate. My wife doesn't want to weigh in on this, and I don't blame her. Their teacher (male) can't say something, that would put his job in jeopardy (seriously, male teachers are told that if their female students walk in naked they have to act like they don't notice).

Now, why bother with this, you ask? This is isolating this girl, big time. Middle school is hard enough to navigate, and this is such an easily solved issue. My son has three older sisters, and my kids are incredibly not careful about covering up in front of each other, so he has none of the curiosity about what naked girls look like that many kids his age does. This girl I'm talking about is an only child, and I think in a single parent home.

Likely nothing will be said to the mother, and the girl will realize at some point what is going on, and will be crushed, humiliated, isolated, and not have any idea how to continue to be friends with this group of kids.

Any advice?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Find the social worker or whatever it is called and it is female you write an anonymous letter with all the relevant information and get it under her door. If they don’t have one then maybe vice principal or principal if either are female.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Find the social worker or whatever it is called and it is female you write an anonymous letter with all the relevant information and get it under her door. If they don’t have one then maybe vice principal or principal if either are female.

Yeah, that's a good idea I hadn't even thought of. (I'm not a smart man.) They have a school nurse who works closely with a school social worker. That's exactly the path to take. Don't know why I didn't think of it. You're a genius.

• 1Like

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
17 Year old came home the other day and tried to lecture me on economic policy according to her teacher, who is teaching them that Trump has nothing to do with the economic boon we are in right now.

I am pissed at the obvious bias, i wanted nothing but to see if she could ask in class if Bill Clinton had nothing to do with the surplus, but she is mostly brainwashed by leftist teachers now. Wish I could afford private school, got a 4 year old I want to keep out of the public system.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The teacher should be going to his leadership, there will be a nurse/counselor/administrator that should address this. I ask the teacher privately if anything is in the works before going to the next level up.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Okay, here's a weird one that I have no idea how to respond to. I'm looking for advice:

My youngest (10) has a girl in his fifth grade class who has developed physically far beyond her years. My son has been talking about how everyone has noticed and talked about her boobs. I figured it was just because she was developed beyond average, and middle school kids notice this. The issue is that she really has developed far beyond her years, and she isn't wearing anything under her uniform shirts. The shirts she has are far, far too tight, and are stretched thin and are white and pale yellow. I was in my son's class Friday to lead a reading group, and it was terrible. Other kids have taken to calling this girl "nipples" behind her back (middle school kids are horrible). The trouble is, her nipples are rather visible.

Our girls, when they started developing, got serious training about wearing bras and things under white shirts and so forth. This isn't because we're prudes, and we certainly didn't teach them to be ashamed of their bodies. It's just about dressing appropriately.

Now I suspect this girl just isn't getting parented properly. She's a really nice little girl, happy and bright. The question is...how the hell does one approach this issue? Something should be said to her mother. Maybe there are reasons her mother isn't cluing in to this, or whatever. But obviously _I_ can't say anything, that would be wildly inappropriate. My wife doesn't want to weigh in on this, and I don't blame her. Their teacher (male) can't say something, that would put his job in jeopardy (seriously, male teachers are told that if their female students walk in naked they have to act like they don't notice).

Now, why bother with this, you ask? This is isolating this girl, big time. Middle school is hard enough to navigate, and this is such an easily solved issue. My son has three older sisters, and my kids are incredibly not careful about covering up in front of each other, so he has none of the curiosity about what naked girls look like that many kids his age does. This girl I'm talking about is an only child, and I think in a single parent home.

Likely nothing will be said to the mother, and the girl will realize at some point what is going on, and will be crushed, humiliated, isolated, and not have any idea how to continue to be friends with this group of kids.

Any advice?

I'd go tell the vice principal/whomever is in charge of discipline/clothing and just tell them that there's an issue with this particular girl and it's not your place to say/do anything, so you'd appreciate them looking into it. Then run away.

iannis

Musty Nester
If there's a uniform in place at the school it shouldn't be that much of an awkward thing. Suin and Cad are right. There's someone at that school that can broach the issue without it being socially bad.

I mean it sounds like the girl needs 2 things. To get some bras and wear them, and to get some shirts that fit. That's such an easy fix.

Not that I would but it is so innocent that you could even have a 5 minute conversation with the mother directly about it. "My son is in your daughters class, and he's learned how to masturbate! Mostly because of your daughter, I think."

• 2Worf

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My oldest turns 16 today and emotionally I’m a big baby over the whole thing. Where the heck did all that time go?

And more importantly, how do I get it all back? :(

I’m finding myself also more bitter than usual about all the missed time in his life due to his mother cheating 10 years ago.

So I’m flipping back and forth between overflowing pride in him and bitterness with her and sadness over the whole situation.

-sigh-

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, that's a good idea I hadn't even thought of. (I'm not a smart man.) They have a school nurse who works closely with a school social worker. That's exactly the path to take. Don't know why I didn't think of it. You're a genius.
you and the teacher should both individually contact the guidance counselor, who in turn should contact her parent(s). middle school guidance counselors aren't helping kids get into college, so this is exactly what they are paid to do

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
My oldest turns 16 today and emotionally I’m a big baby over the whole thing. Where the heck did all that time go?

And more importantly, how do I get it all back? :(

I’m finding myself also more bitter than usual about all the missed time in his life due to his mother cheating 10 years ago.

So I’m flipping back and forth between overflowing pride in him and bitterness with her and sadness over the whole situation.

-sigh-

No regerts!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
No regerts!

Eh, that's unrealistic I think. There's things all up and down my life I wish I had done differently or could have changed. I think anyone saying otherwise isn't being real with themselves, but that's just me.

And I'm an emotional guy, today is one of those days where it hits harder than usual. I miss my kids and get sad about missing day to day life with them... and it gets compounded by days like these.

He messaged me a little bit ago, I posted on Facebook that I was so proud of him. He replied to me in DM saying that for as proud of him as I was, he was just as much proud of me for always being there for him and being the best dad he knows. Shit made me tear up something fierce.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Eh, that's unrealistic I think. There's things all up and down my life I wish I had done differently or could have changed. I think anyone saying otherwise isn't being real with themselves, but that's just me.

And I'm an emotional guy, today is one of those days where it hits harder than usual. I miss my kids and get sad about missing day to day life with them... and it gets compounded by days like these.

He messaged me a little bit ago, I posted on Facebook that I was so proud of him. He replied to me in DM saying that for as proud of him as I was, he was just as much proud of me for always being there for him and being the best dad he knows. Shit made me tear up something fierce.

Then take joy in that. Your kid loves you, and likes what you do with him, and likes spending time with you. There's not a lot more you could ask for! Sounds to me like you've done a really fine job of raising this dude. And you're absolutely right about regrets. Everyone has things they wish they did differently, or did better, or whatever. You got dealt a shitty hand with your wife, but you still have a good relationship with your kid. Be proud of yourself, and glory in your relationship with him. Well done!

And birthdays are emotional for me. My twins just turned 18 last week. My children are legal adults. That got me pretty teary, too.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
So a question out of the left field.

I have been really thinking about moving to a smaller town/city. I am getting very tired of the daily Miami commute and the exorbitant house prices, so I'm thinking of moving to somewhere hopefully warm(ish).

If you could choose where would you go to raise your kids, typical Americana scenario, where would you move to? I have a 4 yr old girl and We are trying for a second one.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Then take joy in that. Your kid loves you, and likes what you do with him, and likes spending time with you. There's not a lot more you could ask for! Sounds to me like you've done a really fine job of raising this dude. And you're absolutely right about regrets. Everyone has things they wish they did differently, or did better, or whatever. You got dealt a shitty hand with your wife, but you still have a good relationship with your kid. Be proud of yourself, and glory in your relationship with him. Well done!

And birthdays are emotional for me. My twins just turned 18 last week. My children are legal adults. That got me pretty teary, too.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

So a question out of the left field.

I have been really thinking about moving to a smaller town/city. I am getting very tired of the daily Miami commute and the exorbitant house prices, so I'm thinking of moving to somewhere hopefully warm(ish).

If you could choose where would you go to raise your kids, typical Americana scenario, where would you move to? I have a 4 yr old girl and We are trying for a second one.

That's a super subjective question and it depends on whats important to you. Overall? I'm a fan of the mid west and I loved my time in Minneapolis. The economy is great, job market is good, there are a lot of fortune 500 companies based there and a lot of tech/medical tech companies there as well. There's lots to do with being able to drive 30minutes to rural nowhere as well. Crime rate is good, schools are good, culture is great, Summers are pretty fantastic (though Aug gets hot AF and you wouldn't imagine MN for that but it his 105 there with 90% humidity). The only downfall is winters.

To me? Winters beat out hurricanes, earth quakes, drought, constant threats of tornadoes and such that are other places.

Also it's the single cleanest city of its size you'll ever visit.

If I could talk my wife into moving back there I would in a heartbeat.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like