Parent Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't want to scare anyone unnecessarily but i do the same with cake icing. Can't stand it

• 2Supertaster
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I don't want to scare anyone unnecessarily but i do the same with cake icing. Can't stand it

giphy.gif

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
When I was younger I was all about the icing, now that I'm older I also cant stand it.
Maybe something changed on my taste buds that those super sweet things dont appeal to me as much as before. Maybe is one of those things we change as we get old, such as buying your second deep freezer.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Depends on the icing. If it's layered on there like concrete it's a problem.

I rarely ice my cakes though. Grocery bought tend to have about double what they should. But I still eat half of it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It's still bad habits, imo. My son is a fantastic eater. My daughter on the other hand won't eat anything except carbs, full stop. I mean, you can give her a cheese burger and she'll just eat the bread. She will eat fries. She'll eat any sugar. She will not touch meats, eggs, chicken, etc.

My son on the other hand, he eats anything. His favorite snack is seaweed paper, not kidding.

We rarely give them any fast food though. 99% of the meals at home are home cooked from scratch.
It's not great, yeah. But it isnt all that important, either. They'll be healthy, it isnt as if we're on war rationing. And it's super annoying. But it causes more stress and conflict trying to fight it all the time, which isnt good either. The more important thing to teach them, long term, is portion control anyway. That's the harder thing, if you grow up in a culture that says "clear your plate or else " and then have to adjust to letting a kid be done when they're done, for me anyway that's more difficult.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
He will eat peanut butter on crackers (not bread), and occasionally Mac n cheese. He will also eat sweets like m&Ms and shit but I didn't count that

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I feel like I need to lend you guys my dad. He'd lock the kids in a room with a crate of broccoli and check back in every few days until it was gone. (Noodle, you're in a tough spot. Not judging.)

Last edited:

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
yeah idk, I get that feeling, and I've thought it myself too sometimes. Just seems like pushing it would make everyone miserable, I'd rather they eat chicken nuggets every day and clean better or something if I have to pick a thing to go nuclear over.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Or start serving them other foods in paste and nugget form.

modernsolutions.jpg

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sorta works on my oldest but the autistic one is suspicious of any food, EVEN THE FOOD HE ALREADY EATS. Every meal is a minigame where we get him to realize he likes this food.

Like I said nutritionist on board to help us. He's not unhealthy at least, so at least I'm not too worried about that aspect

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I feel like I need to lend you guys my dad. He'd lock the kids in a room with a crate of broccoli and check back in every few days until it was gone. (Noodle, you're in a tough spot. Not judging.)

this is basically what my parents did, I had a plate of food that was what they were eating, and I couldn't leave the table until either I finished the food or bed time. my mom says I only pushed it to bed time like twice maybe, and 99% of the time i'd just nut up and shovel it down even if I hated it. She said I would put something I didn't like in my mouth, plug my nose and chew it up, then take a big swig of water to swallow it down. lol

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
2 years and 10 months and finally, this week, my daughter is fully potty trained. I'm sure there will be more accidents in the future, but glad we're over the hump there. She's been peeing in potty for a few months, but getting her to shit in the potty has been a challenge. I hear it's easier with girls, in this regard though.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I hear it's easier with girls

Son is 8. He's obviously been out of diapers for like six years, but it's still literally hit and miss if he can pee in the toilet. About once a week I go in and have a "What? HOW??" moment.

On the plus side, he's old enough that I can hand him some bleach spray and have him clean the bathroom.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
2 years and 10 months and finally, this week, my daughter is fully potty trained. I'm sure there will be more accidents in the future, but glad we're over the hump there. She's been peeing in potty for a few months, but getting her to shit in the potty has been a challenge. I hear it's easier with girls, in this regard though.
Yeah that's a lot earlier than my son was. My sister's daughter is 3.5 and still not even close.

She actually told me something heart breaking this week. My sister's boyfriend's mother has been watching her on Saturdays because they both work. I guess she's been punishing her for not using the potty and they just found out. If she pees in her diaper they make her sit in it the entire day 'as a lesson', and also yell at her and put her in time out. She's also been punished for having an accident while trying to use the potty. I just don't believe punishing for mistakes like that helps at all.

So I told her we would watch her on Saturday's from now on. Fuck that lady. She's a bitch too, I've met her.

ABA is pissing me off. I'm feeling like this organization is completely useless. My son throws temper tantrums hard and starts throwing things on shelves onto the floor. They said "in ABA we teach parents to ignore stuff like that." Meanwhile, this is some 23 year old recent graduate hot shot with no kids and probably questionable clinical experience. I'm getting really tired of what they're preaching. They also push hard to teach the kids how to do expected behaviors. Things that normal people would do, and they have varying degrees of punishment for not following it. I've only begun to read about ABA, but I'm reading that a lot of autistic adults felt that ABA fucked them up for life.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
My mom played no games when it came to teaching us what to eat. We ate what we got and we stayed there until we did. If we waited it out to bed time? We got it cold for breakfast.

I hate brussel sprouts to this day, but you bet I ate them no matter what after that.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users