Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
there's a mod on the nexus called Weapon Focus Plus that puts weapons into categories so that when you choose the weapon focus feats, it also counts for any other type of weapon in that category. for example, longswords, great swords, dueling swords falchions, etc are considered heavy blades. this helps with the massive amount of weapon types and having NO idea what kind of weapon will be in abundance or not. some classes invest so much into a single weapon type and end up completely nerfing themselves because those weapons don't show up nearly as much as others (elven curve blade, for example. i haven't seen a single one)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Am I blind or is changing middle mouse button to anything else (like right mouse button) not possible? So many options, but no ability to swap middle mouse to mouse 2 or 4?

Why?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If you go back and read Forgotten Realms stuff from character points of view, you will realize it's always been there.

Also, Ed Greenwood's author avatar, Elminster, is the mortal Zeus of the setting; hes put his dick in just about everyone, and there was even a book where he got turned into a woman, and probably banged a bunch of other people during that time also.
Yeah, exactly. There has always been wacky as fuck characters in these worlds. Trannies, genderbenders, mind fuckers, dream humpers, genderless dopplegangers, owlkin, you fucking name it. So, when I hear people bitch about a black, butch Paladin I'm like..."Dude, that's fucking Hitler compared to some of the shit out there...".

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
What mythic paths are most of you guys running with?

Was interested in the Legend path but can't find a lot of info other than your level cap goes to 40 and you're rate of experience increases. Have no clue what that rate is, and if you could cap out by endgame. Figured with 40 levels you could maybe make some pretty fun multiclass builds.

Just don't know whether the benefit of having 20 additional levels at your disposal will outweigh some of the crazy things you get from say lich or angel.

Last edited:

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What mythic paths are most of you guys running with?

Was interested in the Legend path but can't find a lot of info other than your level cap goes to 40 and you're rate of experience increases. Have no clue what that rate is, and if you could cap out by endgame. Figured with 40 levels you could maybe make some pretty fun multiclass builds.

Just don't know whether the benefit of having 20 additional levels at your disposal will outweigh some of the crazy things you get from say lich or angel.

I am playing Angel first as I usually go through these games as a good run first, then an evil run, then a full walkthrough followed run. I will probably play every mythic path eventually, as they seem to have made a decent amount of path specific content to keep it interesting.

I played Lich till chapter 3 in the alpha and it was awesome for the evil. Although, it made me wonder if the followers were going to get fed up and leave at some point.

For Legend, you also get +4 to every stat. A pure guess: one would think that the game would be designed to get to 40 by the end (classes still cap at 20, so up to two full classes in one shell) if you pick it.

I just looked it up. There is some info on reddit about it:
The reason there isn't much info on it is because it is a late game path, like Devil and Gold Dragon. You basically go though all of chapter 3 and some of chapter 4 as one of the other mythic paths, then somehow get an option to give it all up and become a Legend.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I am playing Angel first as I usually go through these games as a good run first, then an evil run, then a full walkthrough followed run. I will probably play every mythic path eventually, as they seem to have made a decent amount of path specific content to keep it interesting.

I played Lich till chapter 3 in the alpha and it was awesome for the evil. Although, it made me wonder if the followers were going to get fed up and leave at some point.

For Legend, you also get +4 to every stat. A pure guess: one would think that the game would be designed to get to 40 by the end (classes still cap at 20, so up to two full classes in one shell) if you pick it.

I just looked it up. There is some info on reddit about it:
The reason there isn't much info on it is because it is a late game path, like Devil and Gold Dragon. You basically go though all of chapter 3 and some of chapter 4 as one of the other mythic paths, then somehow get an option to give it all up and become a Legend.
I haven't played d&d 3.5 since college, and I never played King Maker. My only recent d&d stuff has been 5th edition over the past handle of years. My brain isn't geared towards the crazy multi-classing and min maxing that you could do in 3.5 any longer.

Am I wrong in thinking that you could really make some broken god-like crazy combination of classes with another 20 levels at your disposal?

I was thinking of doing pure monk for 20 levels, and then some sort of magic class, probably sorcerer. I guess you could always throw in a few levels of some of the other classes to get those early benefits, because if I'm not mistaken you would get some of the Hallmark traits of certain classes by level two or three. I just don't really remember much about 3.5.

I guess I'm just excited about the game because it looks like there's going to be a lot of freedom with making some pretty wacky stuff.

Edit: I didn't know about the plus 4 to all stats which is nuts. Makes me really want to go down that line just to experiment and see what fun stuff you can do.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

I haven't played d&d 3.5 since college, and I never played King Maker. My only recent d&d stuff has been 5th edition over the past handle of years. My brain isn't geared towards the crazy multi-classing and min maxing that you could do in 3.5 any longer.

Am I wrong in thinking that you could really make some broken god-like crazy combination of classes with another 20 levels at your disposal?

I was thinking of doing pure monk for 20 levels, and then some sort of magic class, probably sorcerer. I guess you could always throw in a few levels of some of the other classes to get those early benefits, because if I'm not mistaken you would get some of the Hallmark traits of certain classes by level two or three. I just don't really remember much about 3.5.

I guess I'm just excited about the game because it looks like there's going to be a lot of freedom with making some pretty wacky stuff.

Edit: I didn't know about the plus 4 to all stats which is nuts. Makes me really want to go down that line just to experiment and see what fun stuff you can do.

The Mythic paths added a large layer of complexity on an already complex class structure, but all the mythic paths look pretty strong.

Every mythic path is kinda giving you 20 more levels, just in a roundabout way. For example, a level 20 Wizard with 10 M-level Angel also gets a level 20 Angel spell book (slimmed down cleric book). The thing Legend may do, is increase your BAB to ungodly levels, whereas I don't know if Trickster does the same.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cant wait to get this started so I can restart a character 20x

• 1Worf

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The Mythic paths added a large layer of complexity on an already complex class structure, but all the mythic paths look pretty strong.

Every mythic path is kinda giving you 20 more levels, just in a roundabout way. For example, a level 20 Wizard with 10 M-level Angel also gets a level 20 Angel spell book (slimmed down cleric book). The thing Legend may do, is increase your BAB to ungodly levels, whereas I don't know if Trickster does the same.
Holy shit, I didn't even think about your BAB. That could be nuts. I usually enjoy playing monk characters, and I wonder if there's a combination that would allow me to get the most number of attacks than any other class. Couple that with spellbuffs, and just end up being a one-man army.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
monk+sword saint could be good. Sounds like that's what you are looking for.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Finally settled

1630904560294.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

The bugs got me, so now I have to figure out how I want to switch up my party.

I decided to try a second line (reach) Oracle Angel support, with lifelink to provide passive healing. Start with Battle mystery, and everything is going well. Use first mythic perk to get a second mystery, Life. Play to level 7 and to get lifelink and whatda know, lifelink is bugged. You cant cast it on anyone but yourself, so it takes away 5 hp, and gives it back on the next tick. Still, I decide to keep playing that build, in hopes it would get a patch tomorrow.

That is, until I go read the bug forums and learn that Smilodons lose 3 of their 4 claw attacks, somewhere along the way. Go look at at the log and yep, 1 bite, and 1 claw only. I have two currently in the group as tanks (they have close to, or the highest AC in the group).

Edit: Forgot to mention that Loremaster is not counting it's first level toward the spell casting class. Of course I had two classes with 1 Loremaster level as well.

The respec mod to the rescue again...

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Question for Pathfinder veterans: were there black lesbian Paladins from the start or did they diversify them in?

Also compared to Kingmaker there are so many weapon types that I haven't found a decent Scimitar and I am in Act 3 now. Weapon Focus seems a hard choice this time.
Yea it is from the pen and paper, you going to really love all the details when you learn more.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Here's what I'm doing:

Financially support game with purchase early.

Wait for patches.
You could spend hours creating starting characters to choose from in the future! There’s so much shit to pick from.

• 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I feel like typing, and the game doesn't do a good job explaining, so for those who haven't already looked it up on there own, here is a short primer on the Mythic system.

If you want the option to at least unlock all of the Mythic paths, make sure you choose the [X Mythic Path] dialog choice the first time you see it available. I was afraid it would somehow hurt my progression by not staying with Angel, as I am doing a good run, but that is very much not the case. The first bunch of Mythic Path dialogue choices are available in the Prologue and Act 1. Additionally, for your first 2 Mythic Path levels, you are forced to be Mythic Hero, this isn't a problem. The first real choice of Mythic Path comes at Mythic 3 at the end of Act 2, where you choose your specialty. The REAL Mythic Path choice comes late in the game at Mythic Path 8. There is where you lock in your choice (and have the option to choose some of the late game Mythic Paths that aren't available at 3), which will cause different party members to leave depending on what you choose. So yeah, it seems kind of weird going around for a large part of the game as a Lich with Seelah as your tank, but she does eventually get tired of your shit at Mythic 8.

Here is a quick rundown of how to start most of the Mythic Paths:

Angel: Obligatory dialogue as part of the story when you pull the sword from the stone in the first 20 minutes of the game.
Demon: Obligatory dialogue upon engaging the boss of the Prologue (I didn't take this, so I believe I am now locked out of this)
Aeon: Object in the Marketplace in Act 1, a stone that lets you look into the past and present near Prelate Hulrun.
Azata: Quest in the Marketplace in Act 1, find the three (two really) Dresna followers, then go into their temple and sing with them.
Trickster: Explore Tower of Estrad in Act 1, have to pass two skill checks, then choose to fuck with the cultists and convince them you are a cultist too.
Golden Dragon: Not available until Mythic 8, but the quest starts with picking up Terendelev's Scales in the Prologue underground, make sure not to use them to resurrect someone. Long quest that stretches out for a while.
Lich: Need the Wand of Zacharius from Leper's Smile in Act 2, this leads to a dialogue choice later on.
Swarm-that-walks: Evil Option available in Leper's Smile involving the Vescavor Queen, long quest from here that stretches out for a while. This is the REAL evil option.
Legend: Automatically available at Mythic 8.
Devil: No sign of it thus far, only Mythic Path not available until Mythic 9.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I keep thinking that there are time constraints even when there aren't any thus trying to do too much without taking a long rest.

At this point I definitely have some MVPs in the group, but also some who are purely situational and just jerk off in the corner otherwise. Unfortunately one of those people is my main dude :(

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I keep thinking that there are time constraints even when there aren't any thus trying to do too much without taking a long rest.

At this point I definitely have some MVPs in the group, but also some who are purely situational and just jerk off in the corner otherwise. Unfortunately one of those people is my main dude :(

What class is your protagonist?

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I'd imagine it's pretty easy to build some stinkers. There's just so many options.

Is there a list or database of the potential gear you can get floating around out there? I get ideas for building a character but then I don't want to be pigeonholed it's not finding any worthwhile equipment. I know somebody else mentioned the difficulty of weapon focus and that there's at least a mod to fix that issue.

• 1Like

Burns

Looks like they fixed the first level Loremaster for increasing the spell book for companions (and non combined spellbooks) in today's patch. It is still totally broke for combined books (at least for the Angel/Oracle I tried), no Loremaster levels will level up your spell book. Loremaster is also incomplete, or has a wrong tooltip, as it is states at the beginning you can get cleric and wizard spells from it too, but those options are not available.

Even in its incomplete or broken state, 1 to 3 levels of Loremaster still looks like it should be great for a non lich melee sorcerers.

Witless

Trakanon Raider
I'd imagine it's pretty easy to build some stinkers. There's just so many options.

Is there a list or database of the potential gear you can get floating around out there? I get ideas for building a character but then I don't want to be pigeonholed it's not finding any worthwhile equipment. I know somebody else mentioned the difficulty of weapon focus and that there's at least a mod to fix that issue.
Here is a list of all items found in the files.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users