Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Crap on a cracker. There are soooo many different characters I want to try in this damn game. It really is bonkers how many classes / subclasses they have.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I'm in Lost Chapel right now on Core.

Home brewed a wild land shaman/beast rider, phantasmal mage/assassin, blight druid, primal druid and eldritch archer.

Shits great, just a LOT of time spent thinking and tinkering. I see it as a refreshing break from the glorious Elden Ring and it's action.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1650902512697.png

Before I didnt need it, then I find one, then it uses it in another attempt. I have no idea.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
First time in this and my game seems to be broken? I've got some auto/quicksaves I've reloaded trying to do the mythic class choice screen a few different ways but it always fucks up. I can't click next in the screen, feat and spellbook choices never populate, then after a while if you spam next enough it freezes and then plays the animation with the banner etc, only I always come out the other side like mythic rank 20+ with no choices populated. Anyone know if there's a way around this or to repair it? I can't get any combination of ways I can come up with to actually work during the mythic cutscene that don't result in something like the below screenshot.

Capture.PNG

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I managed to do some really crazy things with the mystic theurge book and favorite metamagic that I THINK are intended, but idk how your mythic level says 22.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's actually 22 as well - my main class is only level 9 but my caster level is 30 now, I can cast 10th level spells, I get 26AC from mage armor etc.

Game is hard locked though, whatever broke my mythic stuff has completely fucked the crusade board and I can't see armies loadout anymore, troop cards are all blank etc. But I can recruit 1500 scouts at once cause I guess mythic rank scales that?

I've reloaded a few old saves half a dozen times now, removed mods etc, and I can't get past the mythic path choice at the end of the big castle siege so I guess I'm just done playing?

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's actually 22 as well - my main class is only level 9 but my caster level is 30 now, I can cast 10th level spells, I get 26AC from mage armor etc.

Game is hard locked though, whatever broke my mythic stuff has completely fucked the crusade board and I can't see armies loadout anymore, troop cards are all blank etc. But I can recruit 1500 scouts at once cause I guess mythic rank scales that?

I've reloaded a few old saves half a dozen times now, removed mods etc, and I can't get past the mythic path choice at the end of the big castle siege so I guess I'm just done playing?
Not sure what would be faster to check, but my guess would be a mod issue first, then a game issue second. Although, If you are on a steam install, you can check the base game files with the "Verify integrity of game files..." option, fairly easily (just takes a while), so maybe start there. Otherwise, I would start with the mods.

If a mod is causing the problem (as in it broke mythic leveling up on Mythic level 1, or some such), this may trouble shoot it:
  1. Download Toolbox (if you haven't already)
  2. Disable all mods and start (restart) the game
  3. Start a fresh game
  4. As soon as you can move your character, save the game
  5. Back out to start screen and enable ONLY the toolbox mod
  6. Load the fresh game
  7. Use toolbox to level up your character to level 9, (talent picks don't matter, you can speed through the level ups)
  8. Use toolbox to level up to Mythic 3 and see what happens. It should allow Demon or Angel, as those are on by default. (if this is broke, skip to bottom)
  9. If 8 worked, leave game and enable all mods, repeat steps 6 through 8.
  10. If 9 bugged out, either start from 0 mods enabled the turn on 1 at a time, or disable one at a time, until you find the problem
  11. Go to the problem mods page and see if anyone has a solution
If the the game was still broke with only toolbox enabled, I would go search the Owlcat, reddit, and steam forums for similar problems, or just reinstall the game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Heh I poked around the Steam forums a bunch and they just broke the game in the last patch unfortunately. Anything with a merged spellbook fails entirely at rank 3 and is just hard locked until they patch.

I made a hard save of my game before the rank 3 cutscene and dicked around with a ton of stuff and was unable to get any combination of classes to rank up to level 3 angel. Azata seems to work of work so maybe I'll just do that? It was my 2nd choice in terms of lore anyway I think.

Burns

Ugg, what a weird thing to break, but spaghetti code and all that, I guess.

All the Mythic paths are unique, powerful, and sound interesting, so if Azata was a close second, and you don't want to wait however long, then go for it. Some paths do synergize better with certain builds (all paths should still work with all builds, unless playing on Unfair), but you can always respec and play something different for Azata, then come back on a second playthrough with a combined book Angel/Lich.

Disclaimer: I haven't played Azata, so dunno what they get, in terms of story, since I kinda burnt myself out on playing the early access and cant find the gumption to go through the first 2-3 acts again, in order to do all the other paths.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I'm messing about with some build ideas right now. It seems like angel works if I go cleric so far, so I can probably just swap that out for oracle without TOO much trouble?

Azata would be a full respec I think in to something not-divine and not as melee focused. Probably sorc of some kind? I'd have to rebuild some companions too though for that to work, as my PC is my main brawler type currently with a bunch of caster/range/support companions.

Burns

I started as melee Oracle Angel and switched to combat Cleric Angel w/ mount (pet), as the combined spell book gets so many spells by midgame, I was casting most of the time. Cleric/Angel was super strong (nuke the shit out demons/undead) and is the king of buffs. Although it can be tedious without the feats that extend your buff time. There is also a mod that you can setup to auto buff after every rest.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They broke merged spell bookin with the latest patch, almost intentionally heh. I never used em tbh.

That said, this new DLC is seemingly bad at the surface of reviews but purists are enthralled. Reasons being: limited resources, mobs to avoid till you're ready, more sandbox in how u tackle it than some on rails campaign. I'll click around on it, I bought it immediately to support the cause of course.

And? If I may? They get their little woke things in there but not as the cost of shitting anything else up or being too cringe. Is that too much to ask? Like go ahead and get a little in as a 15th priority. Seelah never made me cringe tbh, well done char and story arch, believable and fleshed out. Go ahead and be pink and purple all ya want in your logo screen if that's what keeps you going and making absolute top tier art in RPG form.

Really enjoying coming back to it after a much needed break and tackling Core. The real reward is when u git gud and do it on the harder/intended difficulty... which I absolutely recommend you do not try right out of the gate unless ur a super vet and even still.

• 1Like

Burns

They broke merged spell bookin with the latest patch, almost intentionally heh. I never used em tbh.

That said, this new DLC is seemingly bad at the surface of reviews but purists are enthralled. Reasons being: limited resources, mobs to avoid till you're ready, more sandbox in how u tackle it than some on rails campaign. I'll click around on it, I bought it immediately to support the cause of course.

And? If I may? They get their little woke things in there but not as the cost of shitting anything else up or being too cringe. Is that too much to ask? Like go ahead and get a little in as a 15th priority. Seelah never made me cringe tbh, well done char and story arch, believable and fleshed out. Go ahead and be pink and purple all ya want in your logo screen if that's what keeps you going and making absolute top tier art in RPG form.

Really enjoying coming back to it after a much needed break and tackling Core. The real reward is when u git gud and do it on the harder/intended difficulty... which I absolutely recommend you do not try right out of the gate unless ur a super vet and even still.
I love these games but hate DLC shit in RPGs (generally dislike the whole DLC model, and hardly ever buy them). I want a full fucking xpac, not some 5-10 hours of unrelated (or related, for that matter) crap.

As for the SJW shit, I don't have much issue with it, either, but, in general, I liked the companions of the first game over this one. I used Seelah a bit in the beta, but got sick of her, so never touched her again. I would rather drag Darion around complaining all the time than her. A hard drinking Paladin is not my idea of a good holy warrior, give me Keldorn any day.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I got the buff defending the tavern for choosing Cayden Cailean, so all that good guys god of beer going against the demons stuff went over better for me. What a thoughtful extra btw, god damn.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
DLCs can be very hit or miss, in fallout new vegas or pillars of eternity they worked as great additions to the main story, better weapons and powers etc to the main game. In the pathfinder games they have been very meh

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They fixed the spellbook merge today at least. I was able to respec back to my oracle + angel setup and it seems to be working so far.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hmm am I missing a mechanic in the crusade/strategy portion? Nukes cast by army generals seem to just do infinity damage? Both from my side and the enemies - just entire stacks of hundreds of units dead to a single scorching ray etc.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Usually it says exactly how much damage the hit did. It depends entirely on what type of unit stack and how strong your guy is.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hmm am I missing a mechanic in the crusade/strategy portion? Nukes cast by army generals seem to just do infinity damage? Both from my side and the enemies - just entire stacks of hundreds of units dead to a single scorching ray etc.

The attacks from generals can be downright absurd esp if the unit isn't strong against that given element.

And to that end a lvl 5 army fight vs a lvl 5 with general is way different and worse.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea it's not literally infinity, but it's orders of magnitude more than any unit stack has ever hit for. Scorching ray from my mage general can delete like 300+ troop stacks with ease.

Unfortunately the same goes for enemy generals and there's a couple I'm not sure how I approach - their spell nukes are so huge I'm just throwing troops in to the meat grinder trying to attack them.