Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Fuck fighting demons with serious Magic Resist at level fucking 4.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone know, or have a link to, the unlock order of the companions? I don't have the patience to play a class that needs some other class that maybe doesn't unlock until 28 hours into the campaign or something (e.g. party full of ranged characters). The advice generally seems to be "main should be a melee that can take hits and DPS" but that is literally like my least favorite character to play.

Prologue/Tutorial
Seelah - Pal​
Camellia - Shaman -can be decent/good melee​
Lann (Good)(Bow Monk of Awesomeness) or Wenduag (Evil)(Fighter with a bow) (Chose one)​

Act 1
Woljif - Rogue (Eldritch) - at the start​
Ember - Witch - in the market place, which you can chose to go to first​
Darian - Oracle - need a trigger in marketplace, so early-ish​
Nieno - Wiz (Scroll) - random encounter​

Act 2
Sosel - Cleric - at the start​
Regil - Hell Knight - earlyish in the chapter​
Arueshalae - Ranger - End (If you have unlocked Azata mythic path in marketplace in Act 1, otherwise, chapter 3)​
Act 3
Lich gets to make more companions, you get two early, one is a War Priest, another is a ranger. There are more, probably.
Swarm may get to make other companions too.
Dunno if any have any of the lichs have follower quests associated with them.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I thought about taking the lich my first playthrough. Then I stopped and thought about how I play these games. It's only after I don't give a shit about the characters that I can send them off to die.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think when I decide to do my first playthrough of this I'm going Chaotic Evil from the start.

Burns

Pro Tip: "Reading" (inspecting) some books give small +1 bonuses. Such as:
+1 to attack and dmg of glaves
+1 to ATK & DMG of Unarmed/Natural
+1 morale AC vs dragons
+1 saving throws vs swarms

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I must be wired completely differently, because I have NEVER done this. I've played and finished every Iso-RPG there is and always finished the entire game with the first character I made. For better or worse, I stuck with it.

My D&D game just finished and I'm at character creation for WoTR, but I'm a little disappointed that rogues, apparently, suck in PF. I honestly don't know shit about the game other than what little I learned from Kingmaker and the parallels that can be drawn from D&D. I stumbled my way through Kingmaker with a complete party of single-class characters. However, from the little I've read today, multi-classing is almost required for a competent character. Which sucks because I really dislike multiclassing, in general.

Class/Sub-class is all I want. I hate the mini-game of splashing levels for maximum face melting.

I didn't look it up until now because I was planning on doing Trickster, but holy shit Trickster makes straight 20 rogue, barbarian, or fighter very viable:

Athletics rank 1: remove one negative conditions when you make an athletics check in a round.

Rank 2: if you fail a saving throw, make an athletics check at the original save DC + 20. If you succeed you pass the saving throw instead.

Mobility 1: acrobatics now increases your movement speed by half, instead of halving it.

Mobility rank 2: if you avoid attacks of opportunity with acrobatics, you get to make an attack of opportunity. Enemies you attack this way are considered flat footed(!).

Cant wait for videos of solo Trickster Rogues in wrath just kiting and running through enemies once a round, collecting AOO + sneak attacks wrecking a half dozen demons at once.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Got to the first Mythic rank and there is soooo much to do. I got caught like a deer in headlights looking at the Journal and decided it was time to log for the day.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
how in the flying fuck can I make the camera follow the character by default? Every time I move camera around a bit I have to hit F to make it follow again. That is just fucking idiotic. Or am I missing something very obvious here

• 1Faggotry

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
how in the flying fuck can I make the camera follow the character by default? Every time I move camera around a bit I have to hit F to make it follow again. That is just fucking idiotic. Or am I missing something very obvious here
Do you try to walk with WASD? That is just to move the camera. You "walk" by rightclicking on the ground RTS/Naldurs Gate style.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Do you try to walk with WASD? That is just to move the camera. You "walk" by rightclicking on the ground RTS/Naldurs Gate style.

I know that. I want the follow to remain on even after I move the camera. It's a minor thing but still

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So far my favorite companions are
Daeran, Nenio and Lann. Seelah is a decent tank but also the only option since I am not one and Woljit is a versatile Rogue so I keep those two around as well.

Thought I would like Ember, but I find her kinda creepy and Nenio, while less useful overall, is a hoot. I assume we will eventually learn she's a Kitsune? I noticed that she 'equipped Bite' when joining the party.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
So far my favorite companions are
Daeran, Nenio and Lann. Seelah is a decent tank but also the only option since I am not one and Woljit is a versatile Rogue so I keep those two around as well.

Thought I would like Ember, but I find her kinda creepy and Nenio, while less useful overall, is a hoot. I assume we will eventually learn she's a Kitsune? I noticed that she 'equipped Bite' when joining the party.

God, so many people like Ember and I don't know why. Probably because people on reddit don't have kids. Shes unbearably naive.

Nenio is good though and useful. I got her using pits to cut down on the enemy counts...unless you're an arcane caster too I guess.(no such thing as a useless wizard in this game).

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im not too familiar with Baldurs Gate type games, but how should I feel about certain companions as far as gear and making sure they live? Just whoever I like? Or should I be looking at group synergy?

There is SO many different classes and spells and feats and......its glorious.

I went Magus > Sword Saint > Scimitar

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Im not too familiar with Baldurs Gate type games, but how should I feel about certain companions as far as gear and making sure they live? Just whoever I like? Or should I be looking at group synergy?

I can't speak to this game, but in Kingmaker if you missed companions or they died you'd miss some story elements (and potentially rewards from their questline) but it wouldn't stop you from completing the game or anything.

Burns

God, so many people like Ember and I don't know why. Probably because people on reddit don't have kids. Shes unbearably naive.

Nenio is good though and useful. I got her using pits to cut down on the enemy counts...unless you're an arcane caster too I guess.(no such thing as a useless wizard in this game).

Ember is just insane, but in a Neutral-Good alignment way. So, I am going to try to give her a chance this Angel play though, as I avoided her in the few partial beta runs. Respec mod will allow me to ditch Seelah and use Sosiel as a front liner (Pal to keep flavor), as soon as hitting chapter 2. I like Darian, but he is ebil, and Camillia is no go for flavor/-spoiler- reasons.

Have a temporary backup ready. You lose him for the very end of chapter 2 and need to go find him in chapter 3. You can go get him, straight away, in chapter 3, but I forget where he is.

Jozu Jozu You can rez companions back at the inn/camp/towns, unless they are disintegrated (can this even happen on lower difficulties?). You don't usually loose anything by leaving them dead until going back to camp, other than gimping yourself. I can only think of a couple instances in Kingmaker, where having X companion with you changed things in a meaningful way (outside of their personal quest lines).

Last edited:
  • 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

One thing about the sword saint is that the first run with it might suck until you know what the best weapn you can get the fastest is. Like the scimitar in bg2.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Done with the cavalier. Mounted classes are dumb as fuck when you start fights unmounted and , even with AI off, your "mount" runs the fuck off 50' away, and ignores inputs to come back resulting in it dying. And when your doing a cav of the paw (haflling) without your mount you move slow as fuck. Not to mention if you're mounted and in the first party position you bug out ALL the damn time when trying to interact with anything (be it looting, inspecting, activating etc..) where you just stand there and refuse to do anything until you unmount.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
My Halfling, Disciple of the Pike is a wrecking machine so far. That Glaive charge reach is so spicy. But, I'm also only playing on "Core" difficulty.

Turn-based mode is so fucking awesome. I had already beat Kingmaker by the time they added it and never got to play with it. It's fucking awesome not having to set up 5000 different pause triggers.

• 1Like