Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
What is the best site for companion builds from top to bottom.
Mortismal and Fextralife both have videos on YouTube for companion builds. I think Fextalife has some on his wiki website, but I don't know if either of their guides are optimal. I found them useful though to at least get an idea of what you got to work with.

The Neoseeker website might also have some too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Got 2 mercs

1631438024684.png

Sun/Healing

1631438051456.png

Fire, of course

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
finally got started with this. Going with a Sage Sorcerer build for a main. I don't really want to use a mercenary but there are some builds I really want to try so whatever.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Pathfinder guild guy (the one that sells you mercs) can respec you. First one is free. Not sure if it is a full respec, since I have never used him, as I use a mod to respec, instead.

P.S. Pally can select a pet at level 4, then you can boon companion. Since Selah is bad dps anyway, you can keep Lann pure and not sacrifice his dmg for a pet.
Which respec mod are you using?

Releases · BarleyFlour/RespecMod appears to crash the game.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anybody kill the Vrock in the market square on core difficulty? I'm only level 3, which I think is a lot of the problem, but I can't kill this fucker.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anybody kill the Vrock in the market square on core difficulty? I'm only level 3, which I think is a lot of the problem, but I can't kill this fucker.

On normal, in beta, I was able to kill it when I got to the zone the first time. On Hard, I had to come back toward the end of the chapter, don't remember the level.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I got lucky on the first try. Tried kiting him to Hulrun, but the inquisitor doesnt help you. I used sleep hex with Camellia and Ember and he failed a save. Surrounded him with 4 characters and did 4 coup de gras at the same time. I was level 4 on Core difficulty.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Onigen

Golden Knight of the Realm

Tried killing it when first encountered at lvl3 on Core difficulty, felt like I had no chance even with the +50dmg arrow that's close-by at the square. Came back at level 5 and now it fucking has 4 or 5 adds with him, 2 of which are those flower-head assholes that spam the aoe-minor inflict dmg. Might go back later but don't really even feel like it's necessary since I yoinked the loot from the nearby crusader corpses back at lvl3 by stealthing. (pretty damn good magic shield and some armor iirc)

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Tried killing it when first encountered at lvl3 on Core difficulty, felt like I had no chance even with the +50dmg arrow that's close-by at the square. Came back at level 5 and now it fucking has 4 or 5 adds with him, 2 of which are those flower-head assholes that spam the aoe-minor inflict dmg. Might go back later but don't really even feel like it's necessary since I yoinked the loot from the nearby crusader corpses back at lvl3 by stealthing. (pretty damn good magic shield and some armor iirc)
I got lucky and he finally focused on Seelah, who had 28ac with buffs. From there, I just slowly beat him down.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I really like the story characters in these games, so I think the respec mod and just make them into what I want is the better route.

I made Seelah into a Martyr as opposed to base paladin.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

This guy posted on Reddit his google docs with a compilation of builds. He's going to open up the Wrath one sometime next week apparently.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
So much better in Kingmaker with the dialogue boxes popping up whenever you try to move outside the area on the world map where you are supposed to be. In wrath, before Drezen, roads just ended, and no indication they would open up later, so to get to Wintersun I basically tried walking around the entire world map, instead of just going south from Drezen, because the road there just had a dead end. Got me a lot of exp though, but a lot of reloads from super powered random encounters. Also I hate when games suddenly yank an NPC from your party without any foreshadowing, and don't give them back until much later.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I hate when you can miss something completely early on in the game, with no chance to get it back.

That Woljief guy or however you spell it, I forgot to go back and tell him that he was free to go immediately after talking to the orc commander chick, so when I came back to free him next it was after that long ass battle to save the inn, and he was already gone. I wasn't about to replay that battle, and figured I'd see him around somewhere, but nope, apparently he is just fucking gone. I don't think I would have used him in my party, particularly now that I have Arushaela, but his quests and kingdom management dialogue options are totally inaccessible to me.

Same with the Storyteller. I know I will get him back after I do this one quest I'm almost up to, but if you don't talk to him the first time he's in your main army camp, he's gone for like two acts after that, and literally no explanation why until after you find him again.

Fortunately I watched some videos about making sure you open up various Mythic path choices, otherwise I'm sure I would have missed some of those just because I didn't like the dialogue options.

I still love the game, but I'm never going to replay it once I finish, so I guess anything I missed is just too bad, so sad. To me, that's kinda lame.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I hate when you can miss something completely early on in the game, with no chance to get it back.

That Woljief guy or however you spell it, I forgot to go back and tell him that he was free to go immediately after talking to the orc commander chick, so when I came back to free him next it was after that long ass battle to save the inn, and he was already gone. I wasn't about to replay that battle, and figured I'd see him around somewhere, but nope, apparently he is just fucking gone. I don't think I would have used him in my party, particularly now that I have Arushaela, but his quests and kingdom management dialogue options are totally inaccessible to me.

Same with the Storyteller. I know I will get him back after I do this one quest I'm almost up to, but if you don't talk to him the first time he's in your main army camp, he's gone for like two acts after that, and literally no explanation why until after you find him again.

Fortunately I watched some videos about making sure you open up various Mythic path choices, otherwise I'm sure I would have missed some of those just because I didn't like the dialogue options.

I still love the game, but I'm never going to replay it once I finish, so I guess anything I missed is just too bad, so sad. To me, that's kinda lame.
Eh, any game with this many "options" is never going to really allow for "ALL THE OPTIONS!!!" to be completed in one run. They design around so many options specifically with the notion in mind that people are going to replay it. To me, that's part of the fun - getting a different play experience than a friend of mine.

Let go of the FOMO, bros...

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Eh, any game with this many "options" is never going to really allow for "ALL THE OPTIONS!!!" to be completed in one run. They design around so many options specifically with the notion in mind that people are going to replay it. To me, that's part of the fun - getting a different play experience than a friend of mine.

Let go of the FOMO, bros...
You're right, and I get that on a logical level.

I just honestly don't know how people can replay these games even once, let alone multiple times, purely from a free time perspective. I have so many games still unplayed, so many books unread, so many shows unwatched, that to replay something I've already played just holds no appeal to me. Even if we assume that this is, perhaps, the best game of its type I've played in a long, long time.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 5 users