Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What's the element most commonly resisted by enemies? I know through the game you're going to be fighting a ton of demons, and assumed they'd have fire resistance. I just really don't know what the types of different enemies are resistant to in Pathfinder.

From what I have seen, most of the demons are immune to electricity and only partially resistant to other various elements, so you can take the ascended element mythic perk, to negate that, and chain lighting everything as normal. The hardest fights just have high resists/defense to everything outside of touch attacks and holy (Angel nukes were the only way I won a few fights).

You can also take selective spell with fireball and sirocco to AoE everything, but it will cost an extra spell level (unless you use favorite metamagic mythic perk to make it free).

Edit: Hardly ever use poison or cold attacks, so can't attest to those.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
From what I have seen, most of the demons are immune to electricity and only partially resistant to other various elements, so you can take the ascended element mythic perk, to negate that, and chain lighting everything as normal. The hardest fights just have high resists/defense to everything outside of touch attacks and holy (Angel nukes were the only way I won a few fights).

You can also take selective spell with fireball and sirocco to AoE everything, but it will cost an extra spell level (unless you use favorite metamagic mythic perk to make it free).

Thank you, sir.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Demons are all immune to lightning and poison, and most everything else has resistance to SOMETHING, so casters need to grab one of the mythic elements in order to get through that

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Those -DC to enemies checks on CC spells are real, real powerful. That's what's coming on to my sun domain angelfire apostle next. That aoe blind sunbeam and shit is gonna be dank.

End of A2 related:

Saving lesbian half orc paladin from gargoyle lord

sigourney-weaver-aliens.gif

Last edited:

agripa

Molten Core Raider
I've seen a good bit of electricity and poison immune?
Demons in pathfinder are poison and electric immune but there is a mythic feat to ignore immunities and DR to a single element.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I just got the ascendant fire one. Saves me a couple feats for spell penetration on the wizard. Real nice.

Couldn't really see the benefit of mythic weapon finesse, seems like it was the same as weapon finesse? Maybe it worked on a broader type of weapons, idk.

j00t

Just so you know, the ascendant elements is NOT spell penetration. Spell resistance is NOT element resistance.

When you cast a spell you first need to overcome the target's spell resistance. If you do, you then need to go through the target's element resistance, if they have any. The ascendant elements feat just means that the target's ELEMENT resistance is nullified. So chain lightning will still hurt a demon IF you overcome their spell resistance.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
And THEN you also have to overcome their reflex/fortitude/will save to deal any meaningful damage.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya if they take a reflex (usually) or fort its half damage. Prevents a lot of aoe bombard cheese to trivialize everything I guess.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Clearly you are not abusing the ancient powers of tripping enough to defeat the Demons of the Abyss.

Having a pet with 3x attacks a round that trips everything constantly is some lol shit.

Like 90% of mobs are poison immune. Don't bother.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

I picked this up. Have no fucking idea what I'm doing, so I made a vampire scaled fist monk lol

Level 1 and I have 16 AC

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
In Pathfinder an Oracle is a much better 'cleric' than an actual Cleric by leaps and bounds. Doubly so if you have extra mystery or other things like the ruby ring that give you additional spells.

So much of the Cleric spell list are 'in case of...' that you end up prepping lots of crap that you might need whereas the Oracle with that as one of their spells is locked and loaded at all times. After Lann, Daeran is becoming my second MVP lobbing health and death in equal measure, especially with Mythic levels providing ludicrous numbers of spell slots.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I killed some lvl 20 melee demon at lvl 7 and proudly exclaimed I have beat this game already.

Then I met a lvl 16 cleric ghost and his friend at some spooky old house. Changed my mind real quick.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

i cannot stand daeran SPECIFICALLY because of his voice actor. i just can't have him in my party at all.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
i cannot stand daeran SPECIFICALLY because of his voice actor. i just can't have him in my party at all.
I don't mind Daeran, but that's precisely why I don't have Nenio or whatever his/her/their name is.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

honestly the voices in the pathfinder games are some of the weakest parts. i mean i'm not looking for nolan north and laura bailey. i just don't want to be irritated when my characters talk.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user