Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
but the way the law works here (TX) the police can't do shit unless someone is bleeding or an animal was attacked (fuckin farm laws make it so I can shoot the dog in my yard if it is attacking a pet or chicken or whatever, but if I shoot it when it is attacking my children or me, it is technically breaking the law.)

The fuck? Did you mean to say after the attack is done and everyone is safe? Cause that might be correct. But you damn sure can kill any animal or person who is attacking you or your children while the attack is in progress. Well OK, maybe if it's a kid who's not reasonably capable of causing serious harm you can't shoot them. But you get the point.

this pit mix

This is the main problem. Idiots like you think any dog that attacks a person is a pit. You really gunna sit there and tell us a fucking cat would have chased off a pit? Mountain lions won't chase off a pit.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
You're right. It's not important at all to accurately describe a problem. All that matters is that we do something that makes us feel better. This works in all aspects of life BTW, not just when you want to murder family pets who have done nothing wrong.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This is the main problem. Idiots like you think any dog that attacks a person is a pit. You really gunna sit there and tell us a fucking cat would have chased off a pit? Mountain lions won't chase off a pit.
yea they lying, thats not no lab/chow, front is too wide, also i see zero chow in it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yea they lying, thats not no lab/chow, front is too wide, also i see zero chow in it.

Yeah because you're a fucking dog whisperer and can tell the breed of a 10 month old dog from low quality security cam footage when the dog is at least 20 feet away from the camera.

• 2Like

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
The fuck? Did you mean to say after the attack is done and everyone is safe? Cause that might be correct. But you damn sure can kill any animal or person who is attacking you or your children while the attack is in progress. Well OK, maybe if it's a kid who's not reasonably capable of causing serious harm you can't shoot them. But you get the point.

We had the guy who was in touch with the police chief ask point blank if we could shoot the dog. He said that if it is attacking a human and you shoot it you could be charged with discharging a firearm and endangering others or some shit, I forget exactly what he called it. Chief did say that he would bet that the charges would be dropped if we did shoot the animal in the street in that type of situation though.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Our nextdoor neighbor is an old lady 70+ that has fostered over 40 children over the last 45 years, with some of her own kids along the way. For the last 3 years, she has had 4 (recently 5) dogs living with her, some belonging to god knows who, some hers. 2 pits 2 chihuahuas and another little dog that we rarely see, some kinda mutt.

Xena is a larger brindle pit probably 7-8 years old. She had puppies about a year ago, they gave away all but 1. The kept pup is called Junior, full pit. Wife and myself had gotten used to putting Xena back in their backyard or knocking on her door to tell her the dogs were out. Generally the 4 older pups would just sniff around and stay near the yard. These dogs escape the yard/house multiple times a week. Typical trashy situation in an otherwise nice neighborhood. As soon as Junior got old enough to join the adventures, Xena's behavior changed drastically.

Recently when they'd escape, Xena would engage you head on barking with that tail/body wag that is aggressive. Hard to explain the movements but it's a noticeable change from normal happy pup to asshole pup. Once, she came into our yard just as we were getting home from some kid thing. 6 and 4 yrs old at the time, my kids were nearly in my garage and this dog charged at us barking. I stood my ground and told her no, she backed down. I only tell this to describe the escalation in behavior.

Couple months ago Xena charged the neighbor on her other side and dude filmed it. Same aggressive bark and wag. He posts the vid on Facebook and it gets some attention; an old lady was mauled to death by pits across our town a month or two prior. Police chief contacts dude on Facebook and they start texting and emailing about this dog situation. Chief says without saying, shoot the fuckin dog.

Neighbor dude uses the video as evidence and does some civil procedure to get the city to do a behavioral evaluation for a week on this dog, they send me a certified letter they are doing this. The city then sends me another certified letter about 10 days later that they deem the dog DANGEROUS. They literally put that one word in all caps in the letter, ha. She now has to buy some expensive dangerous animal insurance and prove she secured the location so Xena could not escape.

So she buys the insurance (so she tells us) and gets one of her foster kids to help fix up the fence and front door and all sorts of shit. OK, victory! The dog isn't allowed to be outside without a muzzle and never off a leash when not fenced in.

This is up to about a month ago. In the last month, Junior has escaped a bunch of times and chased multiple pedestrians, finally culminating in him biting a lady who pressed charges. Animal control nabbed Junior before he got back in the house, so our grand city decided quickly to end that dog's days, he ded.

Xena escaped about a week ago. Chased a 3 year old across his yard, the dad had to pick the kid up and toss him in a truck bed. 911 was called, but the way the law works here (TX) the police can't do shit unless someone is bleeding or an animal was attacked (fuckin farm laws make it so I can shoot the dog in my yard if it is attacking a pet or chicken or whatever, but if I shoot it when it is attacking my children or me, it is technically breaking the law.) So animal control comes out again after the dogs have already gone home, and neighbor won't answer the door for anyone. She knows what will happen if she does, Xena's toast.

Late Sunday, one of the animal control guys knocked on my door and wanted to get some pics of neighbors backyard. He tells me they're going for a search and seizure warrant on Xena "this week."

Yesterday, fully kitted out raid of sherriff's deputies and detectives lol! They took Xena away and stood talking with neighbor lady for about 20 mins. Apparently there has been so much shit happen at this woman's house involving city resources (lots of police visits) that it came across the human endangerment unit's desk and they'd had enough.

If these two dogs in this story were another breed, I don't believe for a second they would have been that aggressive, even with the same shitty humans involved.

Wtf. Man that's scary for you and your fam. If you don't mind me asking, is it a middle class or upper class neighborhood? Is the woman either Hispanic or black?

Out of all the dogs one could own I literally have 0 idea why anyone would choose a breed known for mailing people by "accident." Seriously, I feel like the only people who own these dogs wanna look tough or fit their racial stereotype (I'm looking at you Puerto Ricans)

• 1Like

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Wtf. Man that's scary for you and your fam. If you don't mind me asking, is it a middle class or upper class neighborhood? Is the woman either Hispanic or black?

White lady. She was a social sciences professor at a major college for like 20 years. Living on fixed income. She barely leaves the house. All of these issues come from a few of the grown foster kids, primarily the ones under 20.

Median home price in our neighborhood is about $250k, houses built in the 70's. I'm sure she's lived there from day 1, as it's completely paid off. We thought we were close to ridding her when we got a letter saying the property was going up for tax auction. Unfortunately she just deferred and got to stay.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
White lady. She was a social sciences professor at a major college for like 20 years. Living on fixed income. She barely leaves the house. All of these issues come from a few of the grown foster kids, primarily the ones under 20.

Median home price in our neighborhood is about $250k, houses built in the 70's. I'm sure she's lived there from day 1, as it's completely paid off. We thought we were close to ridding her when we got a letter saying the property was going up for tax auction. Unfortunately she just deferred and got to stay.
have you even been over for coffee?
mid-century-kitchen-tile-countertops.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
We had the guy who was in touch with the police chief ask point blank if we could shoot the dog. He said that if it is attacking a human and you shoot it you could be charged with discharging a firearm and endangering others or some shit, I forget exactly what he called it. Chief did say that he would bet that the charges would be dropped if we did shoot the animal in the street in that type of situation though.

I looked it up for myself. Doing what's necessary to prevent harm to a human is a defense to prosecution rather than an exception to the various laws. This is separate from defending livestock or defending yourself from a person harming you because those are spelled out specifically in law. Dog vs Man just isn't mentioned. I wouldn't have hesitated to shoot the dog attacking my kid. But now that I know this, I guess just to be safe I will let my dogs out so I can claim I was protecting them too.

Out of all the dogs one could own I literally have 0 idea why anyone would choose a breed known for mailing people by "accident."

Maybe they just think it's cool to have a dog who can reach the little flag to put it up. You're already in rarified air if the dog even understands how the postal system works well enough to prepare a letter. I'm not sure my daughter does and she's in her 20's.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
If that was my dog being bitten like that....

I would go inside. Get a fucking a 16lbs sledgehammer. I would open that Pits jaws by cracking his skull.

I may hit the pits owner too. Not sure.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
For those of you asking about the black dogs welfare, he had surgery and is doing ok. His name is Axel and he’s an 11 year old sweet heart that wouldn’t hurt a fly. Luckily he’s a large dog, if he’d been smaller he might no have made it. I’m also glad that my toddler wasn’t with my wife at the time. My wife was leaving Home Depot with our dog ON A LEASH when the UNRESTRAINED pit bull and his owner exited vehicle near the entrance. My dog never even saw the pit coming. He never barked or had a chance to defend himself. The hardest part for me, other than not being there, is that the dog owner wouldn’t give my wife any information. She did get his license plate number. His plates had been expired for a long time, typical. Animal control spoke with him but there is not much they can do because he doesn’t have a local address. Now I’m told he has fled the state, leaving me little chance for compensation on the hefty vet bill I have due to his negligence. In the end I’m happy my dog is alive. He lives in a good home and will have all the luxuries I can afford him while he heals.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
And here I thought I was over-reacting about being tempted by walking up and casually plugging it in the head if I'd been passing thru. Sounds like owner coulda used one too. Does help the argument though problem pits largely come from piece of shit people.

• 1Like