Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

why the hell is "trespassing" in quotes?

wierd comment
“He told me he’s homeless and I wanted to help him out, actually,” Guillermo Lorenzo, the homeowner

otherwise idiot teen trespassed into his backyard, every headline has it seen as just pits mauling a teen

that is pretty bad

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I never really got into this argument, but my dad owned a Pit for 7 years and after he passed away I took her in.

Her name was Roxy and she herself just passed away from cancer, but she was the kindest dog you could ever meet. I dont even have a bias because I'm not a true dog owner. But the behavior she exhibited was NEVER aggresive, not even fucking close. All she did was lick you, was great with other dogs and children.

I'm not sure you can just say all Pit Bulls are just irredeemable. Too much empirical evidence against it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Pants on Fire!
Reactions: 2 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I never really got into this argument, but my dad owned a Pit for 7 years and after he passed away I took her in.

Her name was Roxy and she herself just passed away from cancer, but she was the kindest dog you could ever meet. I dont even have a bias because I'm not a true dog owner. But the behavior she exhibited was NEVER aggresive, not even fucking close. All she did was lick you, was great with other dogs and children.

I'm not sure you can just say all Pit Bulls are just irredeemable. Too much empirical evidence against it.

My grandfather smoked a pack a day for 75 years and lived to 91.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

So is that what it is? Overall they are a shit breed but every now and then there is a good one?

I'll take that. She was a great dog.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
So is that what it is? Overall they are a shit breed but every now and then there is a good one?

Do you even know what it would look like if your dog wanted to attack someone? Most people don't even know what it looks like when a dog wants to attack. They think aggression means growling and other such stupid ideas.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/

If their distant past was ever good then I assume that breeding used to be more serious and responsible. You're supposed to dispose of garbage lineage that aggro their masters. Basic domestication.

Mutts of unknown disposition? Rescue animals? They would not be kept or added to the mix.

A double fucked gene pool. Years of ghetto breeds merging with our present "every living thing is special" sickness.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Jozu

Ok but she never did. So either she was an outlier and a good doggo, or the theory of pit bulls being irredeemable is bullshit.

• 1GreNeg

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I know a guy with a pet tiger that didn't kill him.

Just because something didn't happen with your dog doesn't undo the sound data-driven arguments on why the breed is fundamentally flawed.

• 2Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I don’t understand why we allow to have a breed of animal, who is physically capable of killing us, why do we allow it to be sold and reproduced.

I’m a human, and humans must come first.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ok but she never did. So either she was an outlier and a good doggo, or the theory of pit bulls being irredeemable is bullshit.
you sound like you had an incel dog.

no seriously, like you said, you picked up your grandpa's dog, sounds like it was your first dog.

how many times a day did you walk him?

how many times did he goto the dog park?

was he on a leash? a leather collar? a choke chain? was he on prongs?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Went to search for dog attacks today, and in the middle of stories about pitbulls murdering kids in the last day came across this one:

Sounds pretty cool if you read the headline, but this dumb fuck was so stupid he got attacked by a shark on land. That's the sort of people we're trusting to own pitbulls.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
My grandfather smoked a pack a day for 75 years and lived to 91.

You'll get cancer at 23 if you smoke cigarettes! If you eat fast food then you're gonna be a fat, unhealthy, diabetic fuck who has a heart attack by 35! It's all the same bullshit regardless of what the target is.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I don’t understand why we allow to have a breed of animal, who is physically capable of killing us, why do we allow it to be sold and reproduced.

I’m a human, and humans must come first.

You know what breed of animal kills more humans in a day than pit bulls do in a decade?

• 1Like

Jozu

Lol I didnt know so many people felt like this.

I knew the dog its whole life, but only took care of her for 6 months. I walked her 4 times a day on a regular leash. Would let her run around outside for a while each day. Had s genuinely good time. She never showed any agression.

Like I said I'm not a pitbull advocate or anything just my isolated experience with the breed.

She was also sick and was getting wrecked by cancer, perhaps that had an influence on her docile behavior?

• 1Potato

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Article is talking about alligators and then they throw in a fucking quote about crocodiles? Maximum rustle.

The agency has warned: "Animals that resemble their natural prey, such as dogs and cats, are more susceptible to being bitten by crocodiles when in or near the water. Do not allow pets to swim, exercise, or drink in water that may contain crocodiles as they resemble natural prey items of crocodiles. Always keep pets at a safe distance from the water."

Hard to believe that's a 100 lb dog. Need a banana for scale or something. I doubt it's a pit bull just because I'd expect the pit to be able to win.

1566500335864.png

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Are pitbulls even capable of piercing the scales/hide on 90% of a gator's body? Even if they are, if the pit gets caught from behind and drug into the water, there's not much it can do other than drown. Probably wouldn't even be able to attempt biting the gator once the gator had his hind legs, whether they stayed on land or not, unless i'm mistaken on how flexible dogs are?