Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

Sevens

Log Wizard
There are no size differences between dogs, only differences in diet.
That's pretty fucking stupid.
Study after study has shown that pits are no more aggressive than any other dog breed. The dog becomes aggressive from the owner, end of story. If a person is attacked it is 100% the fault of either that person (dogs will warn you before they attack) or the person who raised that dog (mistreat a dog and they will become mean, doesnt matter what breed).

• 4Imbecile
  • 1Neguchet
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 5 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Study after study has shown that pits are no more aggressive than any other dog breed. The dog becomes aggressive from the owner, end of story. If a person is attacked it is 100% the fault of either that person (dogs will warn you before they attack) or the person who raised that dog (mistreat a dog and they will become mean, doesnt matter what breed).

Tardo comment. The natural feral state of dogs is dangerous. Dogs must be trained through contact with people and experience to be nice. Additionally, the vast majority of people and kids cannot read the signs of a dog with the intention to attack. The only consistant sign that a pitbull will give of its intention to attack is wagging its tail.

Never mind that pitbulls are specifically bred to have a dangerous bite and be fighters, which is why they account for the vast majority of human deaths to canines. They should be banned and exterminated.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
This is one of the most profoundly stupid things I've ever read

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>

Have you ever stopped to consider you are arguing for a breed whose common name is Pit Bull? As in a Bull Dog bred to fight in a pit?

The connotation of their name, and their history, draw impulsive, unstable, imprudent minds to the breed like moths to the flame.

Why are there so many in the Pound? Why is the breed so prevalent in dog fighting? Why do so many people acquire them, then discard them?

Any dog can have its own personality, but there are hundreds of dog breeds, why would you go out of your way to seek out this specific breed, unless you are drawn to that connotation?

Most of the Roman War Dogs, Mastiff breed 'X', etc.... were either bred out of existence, or bred out of their aggressiveness depending on how you define a specific breed.

Why? If they were such great dogs in their role, why did over time they simply get bred out?

Because that role died out, and they didn't serve well in the other role, of being a good pet.

A Military/LEO trained canine, probably wouldn't be appropriate for a casual inexperienced owner.

Likewise neither is giving an untrained dog, from a lineage of fighting dogs, to said casual inexperienced owner.

I prefer my weapons don't have minds of their own, or are at least are capable of a human level rationality.

I prefer my dogs aren't naturally weaponized.

Better to train what you want like the Military/LEO canine, then have to train out what you don't want.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
pitbulls bulldogs should be exterminated, theyre not needed now.

but it's also the error of really dumb owners

look at this dumb bitch, she sees a stray bulldog and takes him in.

she already has a cat/2 tiny dogs and birds.

the bulldog kills the cat... she still keeps this 1month stray bulldog

then the bulldog attacks her two tiny dogs, while she tries to separate them, the bull dog has a death grip on her arm, luckily she is able to drag herself outside and her dad attacks the dog, but it clamps down on her leg.

she needs leg skin grafts and she might lose her arm... animal control puts the dog down

AND SHE IS SAD!!!

...besides this situation, he was a good dog!!!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Too bad animal control didn’t put her down, too. Bitch wants to take in that dog when she’s by herself, go right ahead. But fuck her bringing it into a home with other vulnerable pets. Goddamn, that shit pisses me off.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'd think pitbulls were great if they just ate their owners. Who really gives a shit if some karen gets ripped apart. But the poor innocent dogs and cats they always tear apart? That's the real tragedy.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Too bad animal control didn’t put her down, too. Bitch wants to take in that dog when she’s by herself, go right ahead. But fuck her bringing it into a home with other vulnerable pets. Goddamn, that shit pisses me off.
shes a puggly little bitch too and a bulldog 1/3 her weight could control her and wreck her shit. if her dad wasn't around, she'd be dinner and breakfast and lunch and dinner again...

look at the end of the video animal control had to use 2 huge ass garbage cans to contain this beast.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Link me your best study showing that.

• 1Slow

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Very interesting you can apply the label of "less aggressive" despite that dog breed always in the running for most attacks on other data analysis publications.

To add more, many "pro" specific breed studies say that they are not "pure bred" and therefore are accounted for differently

Attachments

• 10.1.1.515.8674.pdf
    580.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Not sure what studies you've read. From studies I've read they're significantly more aggressive due to genetics. This is why all pitbulls should be hugged and the breed should be outlawed, preferably by a Trump EO. Fuck pitbulls, they're just jogger dogs.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'll take this study from your first link as your best study that says "pits are no more aggressive than any other dog breed".

https://topdogtips.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Breed-Differences-in-Canine-Aggression.pdf

1594840754298.png

What a surprise, this study shows that Chihuahuas and Dachshunds are rampant as fuck, Pit Bulls are some where in the middle, golden retrievers are chill AF toward people and Collies just wanna hang out with dogs.

Please don't waste my time with more of your lies.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The second isn't even a study it's just some random veterinarian saying, "nope, Pit Bulls aren't aggressive." Lol.

The third is a collection of data from so-called "temperment tests" which is basically self-reported data and therefore has zero credibility.

Meanwhile, some actually meaningful data:

Oh look at that, literally every fatal dog attack this year with a reported breed is coming from a pit bull or a close relative.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What a surprise, this study shows that Chihuahuas and Dachshunds are rampant as fuck, Pit Bulls are some where in the middle, golden retrievers are chill AF toward people and Collies just wanna hang out with dogs.
Journal said:
2.1. Data collection and survey methods
Behavioral data on aggression were collected from dog owners using the C-BARQ. Details of this survey, its validation and its internal reliability, have been described elsewhere

Their info is literally a survey, and didn't we just see a video of a girl who got her arm ripped of and all her dogs and cats eaten by her pit bull saying he dindu nothing? Never mind that half the things that would typically be considered or score for aggression on that list with other dogs have been intentionally bred out of pitbulls. There's a reason it's really hard to figure out if a pitbull is being aggressive.

Here's the survey if you want to see the science they used:

• 1Like