Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I stalked the dog owner on facebook. OK, I'll admit, definitely pit bulls. All the dog pics he has appear to be pits. He even comments on one of his photos how they are snakes because they will bite you.

And lol on his charges. He is charged with aggravated assault by manifesting extreme indifference. Classic shitty owner.

86327087_201216054355781_5612909737701015552_n.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe you should contact the CDC and let them know they're wrong.

Diagnosis in animals

A diagnosis of rabies can be made after detection of rabies virus from any part of the affected brain, but in order to rule out rabies, the test must include tissue from at least two locations in the brain, preferably the brain stem and cerebellum.

The test requires that the animal be euthanized. The test itself takes about 2 hours, but it takes time to remove the brain samples from an animal suspected of having rabies and to ship these samples to a state public health or veterinary diagnostic laboratory for diagnosis.

Diagnosis in humans

Several tests are necessary to diagnose rabies ante-mortem (before death) in humans; no single test is sufficient. Tests are performed on samples of saliva, serum, spinal fluid, and skin biopsies of hair follicles at the nape of the neck. Saliva can be tested by virus isolation or reverse transcription followed by polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR). Serum and spinal fluid are tested for antibodies to rabies virus. Skin biopsy specimens are examined for rabies antigen in the cutaneous nerves at the base of hair follicles.

Let me rephrase. You don't need to do that test to check for rabies. Normally you just isolate an animal for 10 days. If they're being put down anyway then it probably doesn't matter.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
That impressed with my link huh? I'm a little sticker shocking on how much some of the breeders want for them lol. I didn't expect $500 but damn.

???

Been looking at boerboels, bandogge, mastiff mixes, long haired white labs, etc for over a year.

Was pretty much settled on boerboels about six months ago.

Fucking dog is $3000. 95% NABBA rating for the sire, which is about the highest I've found.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
???

Been looking at boerboels, bandogge, mastiff mixes, long haired white labs, etc for over a year.

Was pretty much settled on boerboels about six months ago.

Fucking dog is $3000. 95% NABBA rating for the sire, which is about the highest I've found.
Few places I looked at casually were like $5000, had hoped maybe more $2000 range. A few years out, still have 3 other dogs that need to pass on first. A few pages ago I'd posted about boer's so seemed related, then again maybe I've just watched Foler spaz post splurge purchases for too long.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That impressed with my link huh? I'm a little sticker shocking on how much some of the breeders want for them lol. I didn't expect $500 but damn.
Looks like he's been talking about it for a while. At least thinking about it.

Wife wants a dog, I want a dog, kid wants a dog.

We are doing a sudden move due to work, can't buy a house, so as much as I want a boerboel, we gotta get something small.

Looks like Corgi is now the front runner

How'd that move go, anyway?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Few places I looked at casually were like $5000, had hoped maybe more $2000 range. A few years out, still have 3 other dogs that need to pass on first. A few pages ago I'd posted about boer's so seemed related, then again maybe I've just watched Foler spaz post splurge purchases for too long.

You the guy that has cousins etc in South Africa with them?

I was hoping for about the same price you were... My other mastiff was 1500, and I figured 2000, sure. 3000 was a bit tough, but the litter is solid, great genetics so fuck it.

Tempted to get a female in a year or two and have a couple of litters. Not be a breeder, but just to do etc.

Just moved out of rental into owned home, which was the impetus for getting this done. And the litter is going to be ready right at Thanksgiving so it's a good Xmas gift for myself and my son

• 1Like

Sludig

Uh wut.

No just randomly discovered them, biggest I've had is my 110lb G Shep. Wifes liked big dogs, but I don't care for danes etc. Likes the few mastiffs I met/seen. Boer seemed like it would shed less than some and looks like it might be a little bit less drooly. Great musculature, even if I socialize it into being a pansy, sure would be good intimidation for the home. I hope I'd have luck with a big protector type dog as far as other pets go, vs other breeds that classically have been hunters/small game dogs. Always have to be careful about when my parrots are let out.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Looks like he's been talking about it for a while. At least thinking about it.

How'd that move go, anyway?

Lol, never let anyone tell us we don't have autism here at FoH.

Moved to DFW in April 2019, moved out of DFW two weeks ago.

Fucking movers cracked my dining room table... Can't find anyone that even knows how to fix it. Other than that both moves went well, wife's job paid for both. Lol

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Pretty much any wood crack you fix by wood glue and sanding. Sand the whole top down and varnish if you want to go crazy. Is it a scary crack and normal glue doesn't look sufficient? Put some 5200 in there and the table will literally break around the crack in the future.

1000$ is my mental minimum for a dog unless you're getting a common breed like a lab. Most high quality lines of special dogs like shepherds are 1000+ and well worth the extra money in terms of less future problems.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

This guy.

Man I should have specified they actually live in South Africa. From what I understand they’re almost impossible to get outside SA and the majority you find are like you said, puppy mill type situation.

Personally, I loved my pit and my English mastiff. Boerboel is basically those things mixed.

With your access to k9 guys etc shouldn't be an issue for you, but it's not a breed I would ever recommend to anyone. And Facebook groups are full of dumb women talking about problems with their 175lb of muscle and teeth they can't control. The guy I put the deposit down with actually interviewed me regarding my dog experience (grew up training labs to bird hunt, had a pit boxer mix, and have had a mastiff, so there shouldn't be anything beyond my experience with the boerboel)

Full of energy, giant, potentially hard headed, might not be an issue but definitely has the potential to be a nightmare.

But mastiffs in general, I will always recommend. My English was fucking great in every way. My son was 3 when we put him down, but as a 0-3 year old he climbed on that dog, bit his ears, poked him in the eyes etc, and the dog never hinted it bothered him.

Mastiffs are amazing family dogs imo

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Pretty much any wood crack you fix by wood glue and sanding. Sand the whole top down and varnish if you want to go crazy. Is it a scary crack and normal glue doesn't look sufficient? Put some 5200 in there and the table will literally break around the crack in the future.

1000$ is my mental minimum for a dog unless you're getting a common breed like a lab. Most high quality lines of special dogs like shepherds are 1000+ and well worth the extra money in terms of less future problems.

It cracked around the thing a ma jigs that connect when you take the leaf out. The male and female pieces of metal, can't think of the fucking word.

So there are two bulges in the middle of the table. Not huge, but I can see it and it irritates me

Hoping I can get someone to route out the core, fill with epoxy, and press because I don't want the grain on the table surface fucked up.

Sludig

I was hoping for about the same price you were... My other mastiff was 1500, and I figured 2000, sure. 3000 was a bit tough, but the litter is solid, great genetics so fuck it.

Tempted to get a female in a year or two and have a couple of litters. Not be a breeder, but just to do etc.

Just moved out of rental into owned home, which was the impetus for getting this done. And the litter is going to be ready right at Thanksgiving so it's a good Xmas gift for myself and my son
PS: Post them here when you get them etc, never check the regular pet thread. Bunch of homo's and their cats.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
PS: Post them here when you get them etc, never check the regular pet thread. Bunch of homo's and their cats.

Will do.

Here are the genetics:
1598363803990.jpg

Bitch on left, sire top right. Grand father's mid and bottom right. Sire is 18mo old iirc, so not filled out yet. But rated exceptionally high

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I prefer the look of them with their tail not clipped into that stubby little piece of shit.

d0e39d1eceb2851bf7fde8a1754a3fd2.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

I prefer the look of them with their tail not clipped into that stubby little piece of shit.

d0e39d1eceb2851bf7fde8a1754a3fd2.jpg
I was kinda irritated a lot of breeders near me will sell cheaper non perfect pups as companions. Still insist not optional for dock and crop.

I appreciate the work of breeders to preserve healthy lines etc, but so many of them are AKC obsessed just utter faggots (watch dog show people, utterly insufferable pompous)

After some honest evaluation, do think maybe the Boerboel might be more than I'm in for as much as I'd like the size. Cane Corso might be a better fit and still chunky.