PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Muurloen is Blueball's white knight.

Talks about fixing pubg which STILL has crazy desync issues and they put in a shooting range.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So the Network Statistics tell me I have a ping of like 3-7ms. I have to wonder if that contributes to a lot of the times I feel like I died to desync because of their terrible net code meaning that effectively the other person always sees me before I see them. I frequently feel like I'm dead INSTANTLY. I dunno, it might be in my head, but ever since I got gigabit internet I've felt like this.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Enjoying Tarkov far more than i did this even though it often feels like slamming your dick in a door. Running with a tactical squad is great enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thats always been my main issue with this game. Just dying without
any possibility of fighting back. It really punished my style of play which is agressive. I cant stand proning in grass. Am always amazed watching shroud and doc play, theyre very active on movements and still manage to spot ennemies so fast, or rather anticipate where someone will appear. I mean i see them start shooting at stuff i thought were rocks and , bam, another kill.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Thats always been my main issue with this game. Just dying without
any possibility of fighting back. It really punished my style of play which is agressive. I cant stand proning in grass. Am always amazed watching shroud and doc play, theyre very active on movements and still manage to spot ennemies so fast, or rather anticipate where someone will appear. I mean i see them start shooting at stuff i thought were rocks and , bam, another kill.

For me its the fact that I watch these streamers, people get the jump on them and then potato a huge amount of the time so they turn and kill their attacker without even losing more than 2/3 their life. But like you I feel like i'm dead the moment I'm seen before I can fight back if the other person gets the first shot.

I haven't played since before the net statistics patch etc. Been debating it, but with BLOPS4 hitting soon and possibly taking over Im not sure if i'll bother.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just buying time till blops4. Blueballs had their chance to optimize this game with the headstart they had in the genre. Guess selling tshirt crates was more important.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
They knew with their success that the big dick companies would have competitors out but that it would take a while. So, they pushed the microtransactions as much as possible to cash in before the game's inevitable demise.

Xevy

Log Wizard
1100+ hours, but uninstalled. PUBG 2.0 with real servers for hit reg will be cool, but until then it's COD BR.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So they are adding a rank system, and are basically adding region lock. Full patch notes in the link, quoted is just those 2 things

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS :: PC 1.0 Update #22

Rank System, Leaderboard, Region Renewal
  • Server/region will now be decided automatically depending on the player’s local region
    • If you group with a player from another region, matchmaking will automatically decide the best region to play on
  • 340731736805d6ea2a86114e7f33a0cf5c5acec3.png

• Implemented Rank System
    • There are 8 total ranks
    • Rank will be assigned based on Rank Points earned
    • To earn your first rank, you will need to play 10 provisional matches
    • Rank promotion / demotion will be decided by total rank points as indicated in the chart above

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
That change alone might actually make me play again. Tired of getting hit behind walls by Random Silverware Noises named mother fuckers.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Those ratings.... Jesus. I was Grandmaster every season! By just playing the game more than everyone else! Way to rank, PUBG!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Those ratings.... Jesus. I was Grandmaster every season! By just playing the game more than everyone else! Way to rank, PUBG!
Yeah I'm really wondering how they are going to handle the new rank system and resets. Frankly they need to just dump resets, add a decay, and make it exponentially harder to move up the higher you are.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I'm really wondering how they are going to handle the new rank system and resets. Frankly they need to just dump resets, add a decay, and make it exponentially harder to move up the higher you are.
Like WoW PvP ranks back in the day, where you were forced to poopsock AV for weeks if you wanted High Warlord? Sounds fun!